SWALEC Gas central heating protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:evil:

Hi

i recently (Nov 2007) signed up to the Swalec Shield central heating protection plan.

I had to call them out on Jan 1st as my boiler started leaking - the engineer arrived within 2 hours as promised - diagnosed a cracked heat exchanger and went on to tell me how the parts were hard to source so we were probably looking at them fitting a new boiler for us - they can do this and they will even send a sales uy round to give us a free qute (nice of them!!)

However - i have sourced the new parts myself from several diff companies for around £100 retail price to me (so guessing would be a lot cheaper to a big company like them)

Have called and called southern electric to try and get some help with fixing my boiler (I have 4 children, 1 with bronchitis and it is January - i have NO spare money for a new boiler that i dont really need)

I have now been without heating and hot water for 4 days and am no closer to an answer from southern - the maintenace dept manager was supposed to call me back today - still have not heard from them despite 4 calls to the helpline and 8 calls to the engineering dept directly.

I really feel like this was just a [problem] to get unsuspecting customers to purchase new boilers from southern.

ANyone else had any dealings with them?

What are the boiler details?

This can sometimes happen, but it may be a geniune mistake by the enginner.

Put the details up here, and I will see what I can do for you.

If this post has helped you, please hit the scales under my name. Thanks!!!!

"I would dig a thousend holes, to lay next to you. I would dig a thousend more, if I needed to"

www.incognito-photography.com

Hi,

The boiler is a vokera linea 24

We had anther engineer out yesterday who has actually taken the part codes and has said he will see what he can do tomorrow.

If we have to have a new boiler then fair enough, it is just the fact that Swalec seemed insistent that we had to have new boiler withut even looking for new parts - which i have managed to source on the internet from a number of companies and even on e-bay!!

It is more the principle really - i took out the insurance to guard against a huge bill and it seems likei have not only paid for the insurance but am also looing at hill for anew boiler too.

hi,

my name is PAUL DAVIES, I am part of the SWALEC management team and I am alarmed to have found the problems that you have encountered with our central heating cover. I have tried to identify you after reading of your problems, but have drawn a blank due to my lack of details of you, please call our call center and speak to Neil or Owen, give them your details to pass to me and I assure you that I will personally make sure that your boiler/system is attended to IMMEDIATELY. regards Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

After over 20 calls to your help line and another engineer visit i have finally been told that i have to have a new boiler - Dave Reynolds is coming to see me tomorrow afternoon.

I am really disappointed with the service i have received, i signed up for the sheild insurance thinking i was being sensible and that it would save me a huge bill, but it seems the insurance has actually ended up costing me more than it would to have not have it -

• i have made numerous phone calls and even at only 3p a minute they add up
  • I have had to have the open fire lit 24/7 at a cost of over £5 a day just for the coal
  • I had to go and buy 2 electric heaters at £39.99 each to try and keep the edge of the chill, not to mention the extra cost in electricity
  • I have had to ferry the children to my Sister and Dad's house for showers and baths.
  • I have spent hours waiting for call backs that never came

The initial engineer who came out to us on 1st January told us that if we did have a new boiler through you then we would get installation free, 10% off the boiler price nad a years free Sheild cover - i can't get anyone to confirm this for me and so i am now worrying that i am going to be facing not only the cost of a new boiler, but maybe installation charges too - if someone can let me know what the situation regarding installation charges is i would be really grateful.

I am not in the best of moods at the moment, i am cold and tired, my youngest son who is just has 6 has chronic bronchitis and i have spent several sleepless nights sat up with him as the cold air has made him cough until he is sick.

I am really not happy and a barrister friend of mine still thinks i should make a complaint to the FSA/Financial Ombudsman - i really don't know what to do, but needless to say my decision wil be based on how the rest of case is handled.

I can't call your helpline as i am now off to work and to be honest i have lost faith in their ability to help - on 3 occasions i was told that the operator couldn't help me as their PC had crashed, (different person each time) but that they would call me back - needless to say they never did and i had to call back.

My details are

Tara Singleton

custy ref - 0000128511

but good luck with checking my details as the last guy i spoke to told me i was supposed to call them back after considering the quote i had, before i had even been given a quote!!

Your staff are not representing your compnay very well at the moment.

Thank you

Tara

• 3 years later...