idea re harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would like peoples opinions please:

lets say we have a situation where a debt is disputed and you CCA the original creditor.

you recieve an application form (or nothing at all), and the allleged debt is passed to a lovely DCA.

you CCA the DCA (that rhymes!) and/or advise them that the debt is in dispute with the original creditor.

the DCA may pass on the alleged debt to another DCA and the above cycle will start again.

if this continues, I am of the mind that the original creditor should be sued for harrassment, as they are responsible for the DCAs behaviour, seeing as the original creditor brought the DCA into the loop in the first place. I am talking about behaviour such as threats, deception and other situations that go against the OFTs guidelines on debt collection.

the original creditor should be held accountable for the actions of DCAs, and dealt with accordingly.

anyone?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

am talking about behaviour such as threats, deception and other situations that go against the OFTs guidelines on debt collection.

the original creditor should be held accountable for the actions of DCAs, and dealt with accordingly.

From the OFT Guidelines:

Creditor responsibility for third parties

1.9 If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question. Our aim is to ensure that creditors do not ignore the unfair practices of debt collectors, whether in-house or external, acting on their behalf. It is not for the OFT to specify in this guidance how choices about third party selection are made nor to advise on desired conduct between third parties. However, during any investigation in this respect, we would expect to see that care had been taken in the selection process, complaints had been investigated and that firm action had been taken as appropriate. It would be unlikely that we would take action against a creditor who could demonstrate such action had been taken.

As always, the problem is that the OFT do not appear to take enforcement seriously, so that although the regulations are already in place creditors flagrantly ignore it.

Has anyone who has complained, to an original creditor, of a DCA's behaviour, ever had any sort of reply other than some waffle about how they consider the DCA 'reputable'?

I complained to Amex about RMA. After the initial template response I complained again and asked for a proper response; this time they acknowledged the letter and promised a full reply, though none has been forthcoming for 2 months. However, they did take the file back from RMA - and pass it on to some other motley crew who also don't appear to understand the concept of no agreement = unenforceable...

I complained to Egg about Arc. They did not respond to my letter, but i have never heard from Arc again and they (Egg) have taken me back under their wing!!

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

purveyor of terminological inexactitudes

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

incorrect information, misinformation, misinterpretation of facts, unsubstantiated threats, underhanded and devious actions - do you get the impression I have dealt with a few DCAs:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I've decided to go for: "you have not produced any copies of the “numerous letters that I ignored” or any explanation of why you made this claim if it is untrue"

I decided not to go for anything stronger because I want to appear reasonable!

I think that DCAs have a duty of care to ensure that they get the details right and behave correctly and they often fail to exercise due diligence

I have been sending a reworded copy of all complaints to the bank as well, making a complaint about what their agent is doing in their name and saying that I hold the bank responsible for their agent's actions.

The bank did say that they got very few complaints about their DCAs. I said that I couldn't understand that!

Grumpy