Vodaphone Offer.I will get turned down!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a call today from Vodaphone. I am a pay as you talk customer, not a contract customer. I was asked how much a spend each month (as they had info in front of them regarding how many text mesages and the numbers I call regularly I suspect they knew the answer to this one:rolleyes: )

Anyway to cut a long story short they offered me a much better deal for my monthly top up. She said it was NOT a contract and so could be cancelled at 30 days notice. It would be paid by direct debit. As the amount was slightly less than I pay anyway each month it seemed like a good deal as I would be getting near enough twice as much for my usual top up cost. I decided to go for it but then she said they would need to do a credit check. She is ringing me back later today as I did not have my bank details with me.

Now the thing is, I know I will be turned down because of my credit history situation but I dont understand why they need to credit check me, Im not asking for credit and it, in her words, isnt a contract.

Whats really bugging me is that if I agreed to pay the £15 a month by direct debit instead of topping up as I usually do I would get so much more for my money. Now I feel as if, when I get turned down as I assume I will, I will be being ripped off. Im tempted to tell her that I will change to anyother pay as you go provider if they will not accept me. I dont want any credit from them, I didnt ring them, they rang me with the offer. Why should I have to pay more than necessary for the same service they have offered because I have a bad credit rating. Just wondered what others think?

Hey,

I think you'll find you're getting a credit check because although you are not beginning a 12/18/24 month contract, you are going on to a month-to-month contract. Because you would be paying via direct debit in return for mins/texts, instead of topping up first, Vodafone want to be sure that you will actually be paying the monthly amount. If you see it from Vodafone's point of view, you will be getting your mins/texts renewed every month, and if you don't pay one month you do not get cut off immediately, so they stand to lose out if they have to pursue you for payment all the time.

You can tell the Vodafone salewoman that if they do not accept you then you will go to another payg provider if you want, but that will not make them override all of their credit policies just to keep one customer.

I do understand what you are saying lawbunny. Its just so frustrating because I already spend more a month with them than they are asking for and I would be paying for the month in advance. It just seems that if you are well off you get all the perks and if you are struggling you get knocked back even more. If they can give me X number of texts and minutes for a certain sum why should I be penalised because I choose to pay in advance which is what Pay as you go is.

Yes it is a case of the less well off pay more for things generally.

If you have not done so already you should see if you can tidy up or repair your credit history. You history may contain incorrect information or that which you can do something about.

Go here to obtain a copy of the your credit report.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

This is one of the reasons I started a petition on the 10 downing street site for the prime minister to force companies to only use credit scoring or checking for applications for credit made under the consumer credit act. Unfortunately it only got 18 signatures

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court