• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help!

adg123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with A&L. They took £75 bank charges from me which put my account overdrawn. I do not have an overdraft facility and tried to get one to stop any charges being incurred from the last lot of charges. They rejected it. I am on JSA and do not have the money to bring my account back into the black and have since incurred a further £80 of charges. I will never be able to pay this debt as it gets more by the day. I was initially unaware of the new charges (£5 per day) as it was printed on my statement and I never noticed it. I haven't spoken to them as I know I'll get upset and angry and that won't get me anywhere. How can I stop this spiral of debt? I really have no spare money to put into an account for which I am still receiving a daily charge.

I am about to start my own business dog grooming and will be on NEW DEAL where I will continue on Job seekers for six months. Any money the business makes will be held in an account with a joint signatory from Birmingham Chambers of Commerce so effectively I will be on benefits for the next 6 months. HELP.

I'm sure the banks just love people like me - they're making money out of someone who has none!

Hi and welcome, I will ask that this is moved to the A&L forum where you will receive lots of help and advice

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

:o hi just to let you know i'm in the same boat! and unsure what to do as I have got £35 worth of charges going out on tuesday on top of about £150 which has already been taken, again like you if i nnet it i would pop, but can't speak to anyone via tlel phone banking due to them not sending me a new password :confused: - so do i pay the £35 in which i dont have or leave it and try and claim them back - i'm off ti look for the forum what was mentioned above :confused:

Hi, adg123.

Not sure if this will help you, but have a read.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi

i've had a quick! read through am not on benfits but very tight budget so will maybe ring e'm later to ask where secirty things are, and plead poverty strickened- which am thanks

rivig

hi

judt phoned up and checked through me statements seems to be an error on there part not informing me via statement of the charges to be taken - but blah blah blah letter fron the peoeple that deal with it so i'm ringing tommorrow and day after (even without secuitry code) to keep on top

riivg

Still don't know what to do. Are they likely to help me arrange some sort of payment? I mean, If I offered to pay them £20 per month will they stop the £5 per day charges? Otherwise, what would be the point? I am NOT going to keep giving them my money for nothing!

I think I am goping to draught a letter about reclaiming my charges. I know it will not be dealt with until the test case has been heard but at least if the banks lose I will get it back. The banks have gained the right to put a stay on dealing with reclaiming bank charges, does that mean we can put a stay on paying their charges? I think not.

You can still start the proceedure to reclaim charges or contact the FOS about the situation - either way it will be on hold until the case is settled.

Firstly please try and call them - explain your situation and explain you will be getting further and further into trouble if they do not help you. Maybe they will come to some arrangement to freeze the situation.

Secondly make full notes of the conversation and if it does not go your way start a chain of correspondence. Say that you have contacted and made every effort to resolve the situation - but have received no assistance and wish to take the matter further (FOS)

Please try this first - you may get no help but its worth a call.

the longer this goes on it will be affecting your credit rating as they put markers on my account for just going over my OD limit.

they are not usually sympathetic but it is the luck of the draw who you get. So for the sake of a call give it a try.

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi adg123 your not alone as your story is one repeated many times in here.

May I say that Scott has posted here showing you a link which will lead you to a letter of appropriation which you could use for now to enable you to withdraw funds if the bank do not help you.

First port of call is the bank, you MUST tell them of your situation and their response will depend on what steps you will take next.

You mention that you tried for an overdraft and they refused.

This time contact them and ask if there is anything they could do to help you, surely they can turn this negative balance into an overdraft with a step down each month to remove it, this I know has helped other people.

If they are not being very helpfull then simply hand over the right of Appropriation and get a receipt for it.

Look into transferring any payments into this account to another account, if you dont have another try the PO.

When the OFT test case is over claim back what money they took from you.

I have contacted A&L and they are going to file a financial hardship form to another department. They are going to call me within the next few days. She said that being on benefits will go in my favour. It was easier than I expected. The other option was to make payment arrangement but they would then close my account when it reached 0! I need that account as my other is in a worse state.

I also contacted National Debtline who were really helpful and shed light on a few things I never knew - like I can make small token payments on a loan which is usually £48 per month. I just assumed I was stuck with having to pay that amount.

Hi

glad things are moving forward for you. Hope you get yourself straight soon:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE