Lowell Financial Ltd

coolcatz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Im wondering if someone can give me advice about this company.

My husband received a letter today demanding a huge sum of money for a debt he knows nothing about.

I have tried to contact the company only to be told that it is a car dealership and to ignore the demands for payment. My husband then contacted them and was told that they were in fact a debt collection company and they did not know anything about the debt that is stated on the letter. He was advised to contact the company who issued the debt in first place, this was a company known as Consumer Creations Finance.

My husband has not received any letters from this company known as Consumer Creations, neither of us can work out where the debt has arisen from. There is no reason on the letter stating what the debt is just an amount of £2133.56.

I have noticed on this site a lot of people have had problems with this company. I would be oblidged if you could shed some light on this company and what I should do regarding the letter.

Many thanks

coolcatz

You need to find out what the debt is there is a good letter to send ....

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Amend this to suit :)

hope this helps

saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi

thanks for that ive copied the letter and will send a letter to the company tomorrow. Will keep you posted on what happens with this.

many thanks again for your help