Can I Cancel

DCA-KING
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my wife ordered a laptop from a local company for her to do her coarse work on it is from a company Brightho**e and she pays weekly for it

Its broke down and i told tthem that we where not happy about this (keyboard failed) they stated that they would pick it up and repair it but it will take 6 weeks (as they cannot change it or give money back)

well bugger me we had it back for 4 weeks and its broke again wont come on and makes a funny noise i told them again that i was not happy and that i wanted a full refund

they stated due to data protection (hard drive) that i cannot claim a new one or a refund so they have picked it up again another 6 weeks that im paying for something i dont have

what are my rights and what can i do next

regards chris

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

If it's a new one and less than 12 months old, it's covered by the Sale of Goods Act (Sections 12-14 I think) and you are entitled to refund or replacement.

I'd be VERY surprised if harddrive data was covered by the Data Protection Act. I bought a new laptop from Curry's recently and a key didn't work. So even though I'd formatted the laptop and entered personal information, the shop replaced it with no questions at all.

i had to have a second hand or preused as they called it laptop from the same company, it failed all the time made funny noises ect and i wasnt happy. i told them i had sought legal advise and would take them to court unless i got a full refund and they gave in, eventually after trying to upgrade me then trying to get me to use the money i had already spent on something else in store. stick to your guns