sticky is wrong, ATTN mods

Guest interesting
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest interesting

I need to bring to the site mods a major issue with the sticky "private parking companies everything you need to know" as it is FACTUALLY incorrect.

The OP does know of cases that have been taken to court and been won, but he states 'no ppc has won a case'

I also note that the advice seems to be given with no site or op disclaimer, the op is obvioulsy giving the advice as a layman and the site and op should be s

clearly stating this (as other stickys do).

This, and other sites have an obligation to ensure any advice given is qualified and where it is not to offer a disclaimer and state where required that it is given on layman terms

I hope the sticky will be changed to reflect my concerns

Guest interesting
Where exactly is it stated that 'no ppc has won a case'?

PRIVATE PARKING COMPANIES

A guide to an effective defence.

I have NEVER heard of a case like this making it to court. I suspect PPCs don’t sue their victims, and they are victims, because they know the merits of their case are non existent.

Ermmm .. Here

He states that he personally hasn't heard of a case making it to court - that is completely different to him stating as a fact that no PPC has won a case.

As for disclaimers - what you are suggesting is that every post which every user makes is annotated with a note to suggest that they are not qualified, etc.

There is no need for this as it is covered in the forum rules.

Please be aware that all advice here is provided informally by concerned volunteers.

The Group holds out no particular expertise or qualification.

It is not responsible for the views or actions of its Users who post here.

The Group makes no guarantee of the accuracy of any of the advice or information which is provided on these pages and you are advised to apply your own judgement at all times or contact a qualified professional.

The Group is merely a campaign and support group.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The OP has been quick to open new threads citing cases which have arisen since the sticky which have gone to Court and at which the claimants failed to attend, possibly as they faced a robust defence.

But then this is surely a query which could have been addressed by PM with a suggestion to the OP rather than through opening a new thread screaming for the Mods?

FFS it is like a five year old sticking their hand up to snitch to the teacher!

People come here for advice on whether they have a 'chance' of not having to part with extortionate sums of money, often demanded in dubious circumstances. That is the nature of the site - if you can see a gap in the market for a website where people wish to go to hear what an upstanding bunch of people those who run PPCs are then go and design one.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If you had to put disclaimers on posts you would have to put "I am a mouthpiece for a private parking magnate" on those by "interesting". On second thoughts that may not be a bad idea.

Good call mods.

LMFAO @ Legal :lol:

Guest vortex

There is something called a report button on all posts, the red triangle, which a report can be made for site helpers, mods and site owners to look at.

Guest interesting

When a mod decides to make an artice a 'sticky' it is seen as endorsed by the site and people (sometimes foolishly) take the advice given in there as approved/legally correct in some way - rather than on a laymans terms. - If you see the template letters by bernie they clearly state the basis given so there can be no doubt.

I am sure at the time of writing the OP was correct that he did not know of any cases taken to court by a PPC and won, however that has now changed as there are cases that have been taken to court and won, when the defendant has turned up and given a defence (on more than one occasion).

The site mods have a duty to ensure that anything that has been approved and made a sticky is updated once additional information comes to light.

I understand the comment has been made against an individual that is seemingly beyond question - but the fact still remains the sticky is incorrect and as it is a 'sticky' should be changed accordingly to reflect new information.

(as for the personal digs made by certain individuals ... was there any need for that ?? I don't think so - Please try and leave out personal attacks there is no need for it)

I am sure at the time of writing the OP was correct that he did not know of any cases taken to court by a PPC and won, however that has now changed as there are cases that have been taken to court and won, when the defendant has turned up and given a defence (on more than one occasion).

And the position is unchanged. Pete still has no personal detailed knowledge of the cases you allude to that have been won by PPC's. All he has to go on is posts by you and Perky, with little evidence to back up the detail of the cases.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks