used car - mileage question

robby71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i've just picked up my new car tonight (it's 1 year old) from a main dealers.

I was supposed to collect the car yesterday but when i got there (and waited 1.5 hours) they couldn't find the car and eventually traced it to a garage they used for the service and inspection which was locked up for the night :evil:

I went again tonight and they provided a full tank of fuel to compensate which was ok.

It was pitch dark when i collected the car so couldn't have a look around it so drove it 7 miles home.

As soon as i got home and reversed up the dark drive i found problem 1 - no reverse lights?

I left it in reverse and got out to look at the back when i found problem 2 - no parcel shelf?, looking in the boot i found no jack?

I phoned the salesman who has just sent someone to collect the car as i refused to go back for the 3rd time.

The main problem i found and mentioned to the salesman is the mileage in their advert states the car has 5000miles, the mileage on the printed invoice states 3500miles and the car speedo shows 11490miles???????

The salesman said the mileage was the same when i test drove the car so i should have noticed BUT as i thought the advert mileage was correct i didn't look.

The mileage display was on the computer setting showing ave mpg, etc so it wasn't displayed

What could i do about this as i've now taken delivery of the car? the invoice mileage is incorrect and the advert mileage is wrong - isn't this false advertising?

Not sure when i'll be getting the car back so want to be ready with any facts i can throw at them

Thanks

What make of car was it and was it a main dealer for that car?

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

What could i do about this as i've now taken delivery of the car? the invoice mileage is incorrect and the advert mileage is wrong - isn't this false advertising?

Yes it is. Possibly also a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act - get in touch with your Trading Standards.

well the car is a Renault and it is from a main dealer.

i sent them an email last night to think about what they could do and today they offered £100 - i refused saying i wanted at least £200 as thats about the difference in a trade in price.

i got a phone call an hour later saying yes they'll give me that :)

I'm going to collect the cheque tommorow (so it doesn't get lost in the post?) and then write a letter of complaint to their head office regarding the poor service :)