duplicate defaults.

jessj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Although its my first time posting i have been searching through the previous posts. My first problem to tackle is duplicate defaults. I recently received a copy of my credit history and found a bank default from Barclay card and a duplicate entry under Kings Hill.

I have only ever found one reference to this situation on here and assume my first course of action is similar to what I read:to send a CCA Letter and Data Protection letter to each of the companies and ask that Kings Hill remove the default.

what I would like to know is if i can use the letter templates verbatim or do i need to tweak it a little to fit my situation.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Ps what a great site!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello. Although its my first time posting i have been searching through the previous posts. My first problem to tackle is duplicate defaults. I recently received a copy of my credit history and found a bank default from Barclay card and a duplicate entry under Kings Hill.

I have only ever found one reference to this situation on here and assume my first course of action is similar to what I read:to send a CCA Letter and Data Protection letter to each of the companies and ask that Kings Hill remove the default.

what I would like to know is if i can use the letter templates verbatim or do i need to tweak it a little to fit my situation.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Ps what a great site!!

Hi JessJ and welcome!

Can you clarify who Kings Hill are in relation to this debt? Were they the DCA's for Barclaycard? Or are they someone else? Before CCAing anyone you may not need to...

I would approach the Data Protection Manager for Barclaycard and ask them for an explaination, then if you do not like it or they do not correct the issue then CCA them etc, however, by CCAing them it will not resolve the issue of the entries on your credit files...

I hope that helps a little and once again welcome to the site and I am sure you will find help here...

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

I once had four defaults on experian for the same debt - all for exactly the same amount from each of the various dcas and the OC. It has now gone down to two but I haven't done anything about it yet. As the debt has vanished into the 'no agreement' ether I am unsure about rocking the boat.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

It really depends what suits you at the time I guess. You absolutely right Goldie, if it has disappeared and the default does not bother you why rock it...

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice