Advice and help please - PCN and Towed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I love this site and have used it to claim my bank charges back before.

i went to watch england at wembley stadium.

I found a car park that was for a business but it was closed and everyone else was parked there.

I parked on the end of this car park and my 2 wheels were clipping the path, barely!!

It was in no way blocking the path.

I knew this was a risk but we were late and thought a £30 fine wouldnt be the worst.

I returned after the game to find my car was gone.

I rang various numbers but couldnt get hold of the people and the person i spoke to said they couldnt deal with it until the morning!

Here i'am, 3 hours from home, no car, no money and not a clue what to do!

I spoke to a few stewards from wembley who directed me to the impound lot, which was about 300m from my car.

When i got there i was told i had to pay £260, £200 was for moving it 300m down the road!

I want to stress at this point that my car was not blocking anything, and the description on the PCN read,

"parked with one or more wheels on any part of an urban road".

Again i had no money so had to ring my dad to pay over the phone!

They then told me they couldnt take payments over the phone!

At this point i was furious and my dad had to travel 3 hours to pay in cash.

The reason im so annoyed is because we were accompained in the lot by about 5 other car owners,

all who had been to the game and been towed making it obvious they target these times!

The car was towed one hour after the ticket was left on my car.

Is there anything i can do about this?

I think even a ticket was harsh as it was in a car park just one side was on the lip of the footpath!

But £200 on top to move it 300m is a joke!!

Who can i appeal to?

Any help is massivly appreciated!

Rich

You need to scan and post the paperwork (all of it). Obscure personal details/references etc.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

i havent got a scanner, what information is needed? I have the original PCN, a release fee reciept and a payment receipt.

Do you have a digital camera? A photo posted to imageshack (or similar) may work.

Otherwise you need to type it all out - longhand I'm afraid. It pays to be pedantic with these!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

What needs scanning? All of them? The release reciept wont show up very as for some reason i got the copy not the original!

As well as the PCN, we need the bits that give you the mechanism for appeal.

Irrespective of rights and wrongs, you only had 28 days from date of receipt to appeal (standard and lawful). Your PCN was dated 12 Sept 2007 so I think you are stuffed.

Really sorry for you on this!