CRA's and Banks

mcjohnson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

Quick question;

I checked my credit report today, and noted that my bank (A&L) have reported a missed direct debit as a "Late payment".

A - Is this common practice across all banks, to report missed items in this manner to the CRAs?

B - Is this legal? I do not have any requirement to make any payments to the bank, surely it is the responsibility of the creditor to report payment discipline to the CRAs, not the banks. I take two issues with this;

Firstly is how would the bank know whether you have made alternative arrangements with the creditor to make payment, and thus have still satisfied the creditors requirements?

Secondly is this could result, if the creditor also reports the late payment to the CRAs, in the same late payment being reported twice; thus doubling the impact on the Credit scoring?

Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Its becoming common practice unfortunately due to Experian wanting 'credit markers' as an 'early warning system' to all debtors that an individual can't make a payment on time... personally I am contacting two of my regular creditors, via my MP to inform them they can no longer report on me to Experian due to misuse of info in this way.