debts from hsbc + A-L

Stom

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all..

Just registered on here to get a basic idea of what I can do and what direction that the two companies I owe money to can go in.

Basically I have one bank loan via A+L and a HSBC CC debt (passed over to Metropoliton Coll Servs). Last year I had a basic agreement ith tem to pay a minimum amount to each to cover the charges and very slowly bring the amount owed back to them down (would have taken 50years going my cals lol).

Things were going ok (I was a carer for my disabled wife full time so was on mimimal income) until November just gone when me and my partner split up. At this time I rang both A+L and MCS to explain the situation and they agreed to take two payments of a far lower amount until I got things sorted out and was back into ful time work. At this point I was happy with what they said they would do for me. Due to 'strains' when splitting up with my ex I had some good friends in Holland that offered to put me up for a month or two and maybe find work, which I gladly took. I have now been in Holland for about 6-7weeks at this time.

Unfortunately, My wife also had a separate bank loan via HSBC which at the time we set up so that the money to pay it would come out of her disablement money (went into a joint account) and be transfered over to my sole account, from which her loan was moved over to (did this so that the money was guaranteed to be there each month). Problem is that since splitting up the bank refuses to remove her loan from my sole account and they have now taken two payents from my account, thus pushing it hugely over drawn. I am unable to call them via the telephone where I am stayin gin Holland at the moment so am having to resort to email contact, which seems particulary hopeless to be honest.

My ex tells me that she has moved the loan to her new account (at Barclays) but it is still showing up as being present on my sole account - HSBC tells me that they can do nothing about this and can not remove it!

The spin off problem from this of course is that due to my account being pushed over drawn it means I have been unable to make the minimal payments to A+L and MCS, both of which have sent letters to my previous address demeand full payment. (Originally I was planning on keeping my account 'safe' balance wise and asking my parents to cover the minimal amounts that AL/MCS wanted but due to my ex's loan mucking my sole account up I have been unable to do so).

Does anyone have any direct email addresses to try for A+L and MCS? I have fired a few emails off in the hope they get to someone but I have a feeling that they will not communicate with me via email due to it being 'insecure'.

Apologies for wall of text but as you can imagine I am not exactly sure what course of action to take and what they will be going to do (can't exactly come after me for money or belongings! I got 3 pairs of jeans and 3 t-shirts! thats it! lol)

Hi there Stom

Welcome to the CAG

you are in the right place to get the help you need to resolve this situation,

i will pop back in a mo to go over your post fully and see what we can do to help as im caught up on another matter at the mo

regards

paul

Hiya all..

Just registered on here to get a basic idea of what I can do and what direction that the two companies I owe money to can go in.

Basically I have one bank loan via A+L and a HSBC CC debt (passed over to Metropoliton Coll Servs). Last year I had a basic agreement ith tem to pay a minimum amount to each to cover the charges and very slowly bring the amount owed back to them down (would have taken 50years going my cals lol).

Things were going ok (I was a carer for my disabled wife full time so was on mimimal income) until November just gone when me and my partner split up. At this time I rang both A+L and MCS to explain the situation and they agreed to take two payments of a far lower amount until I got things sorted out and was back into ful time work. At this point I was happy with what they said they would do for me. Due to 'strains' when splitting up with my ex I had some good friends in Holland that offered to put me up for a month or two and maybe find work, which I gladly took. I have now been in Holland for about 6-7weeks at this time.

Unfortunately, My wife also had a separate bank loan via HSBC which at the time we set up so that the money to pay it would come out of her disablement money (went into a joint account) and be transfered over to my sole account, from which her loan was moved over to (did this so that the money was guaranteed to be there each month). Problem is that since splitting up the bank refuses to remove her loan from my sole account and they have now taken two payents from my account, thus pushing it hugely over drawn. I am unable to call them via the telephone where I am stayin gin Holland at the moment so am having to resort to email contact, which seems particulary hopeless to be honest.

My ex tells me that she has moved the loan to her new account (at Barclays) but it is still showing up as being present on my sole account - HSBC tells me that they can do nothing about this and can not remove it!

The spin off problem from this of course is that due to my account being pushed over drawn it means I have been unable to make the minimal payments to A+L and MCS, both of which have sent letters to my previous address demeand full payment. (Originally I was planning on keeping my account 'safe' balance wise and asking my parents to cover the minimal amounts that AL/MCS wanted but due to my ex's loan mucking my sole account up I have been unable to do so).

Does anyone have any direct email addresses to try for A+L and MCS? I have fired a few emails off in the hope they get to someone but I have a feeling that they will not communicate with me via email due to it being 'insecure'.

Apologies for wall of text but as you can imagine I am not exactly sure what course of action to take and what they will be going to do (can't exactly come after me for money or belongings! I got 3 pairs of jeans and 3 t-shirts! thats it! lol)

Hi again,

Firstly can i ask when the loan and credit cards were originally taken out? and also , can i ask, are the sums in question more than 25000 per loan or cc or less than 25000. this can make a difference to things especai

there are certain procedures which a lender must follow when they are pursuing someone for a debt,

have you received default notices for these accounts?

also have you requested copies of your credit agreements from the lenders to scrutinize them to see if they comply with the law? its not known to some but an invalid credit agreement can render the debt completely unenforceable even by a court

if you can let us know then i can advise further as to what is the best way forward

Hi again,

Firstly can i ask when the loan and credit cards were originally taken out? and also , can i ask, are the sums in question more than 25000 per loan or cc or less than 25000. this can make a difference to things especai

there are certain procedures which a lender must follow when they are pursuing someone for a debt,

have you received default notices for these accounts?

also have you requested copies of your credit agreements from the lenders to scrutinize them to see if they comply with the law? its not known to some but an invalid credit agreement can render the debt completely unenforceable even by a court

if you can let us know then i can advise further as to what is the best way forward

Hiya pt2537 :)

ok, sorry about not getting back to you sooner, had a busy few days and am in contact with the bank trying to sort things out grr.. (banging head against brick wall).

The debts are not huge by other peoples amounts but a debt is a debt and can cause problems (especially when I have zero income). The Alliance and Leicester one I mention was originally for 5000ukp (back in 2003 I believe) and currently stands at 3100 (It was Nov 2003 that my ex-wife became disabled so payments were reduced right down due to a much lower income) and Met Coll Servs is at about 1000 I believe from the last letter I got from them.

I do not have any of the original paperwork for the loan or MCS (the MCS debt is a HSBC credit card which never got settled in the same time as ex-wifes disability)

Due to me living in holland I have no telephone contact currently so am having to resort to emails. My ex-wife called my mobile earlier today explaining about the letters and I have asked her to pass my phone details on to A+L/MCS so that they can hopefully call me - they do not respond to any emails I send to them, I guess this is due to security?

When they call I will request a copy of the original paperwork.

I believe I got default notices a few times to be honest, each time that apayment was missed? (sorry, I do not understand much in these matters)

Thank you for your time though so far :)

(btw HSBC claims it can not remove my ex-partners loan from my account for some reason - emailing them back again and going round in circles as I expected.. :/)

You will need to request the paperwork in writing with the fees that are charged.

I would advise that you send a CCA request and a SAr request but l dont know how these will work as you live in holland with no income.

The CCA will cost you £1.00 and the SAR will cost you £10.00 but this will need to be in english money.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Personally I wouldn't bother speaking to HSBC or MCS on the phone - HSBC because they are morons and you won't get sensible answers, and MCS because they are a DCA and will say anything to get money.

When you send a SAR to HSBC make sure you make clear that it's a full SAR for all data they hold, and not just copy statements. This is because HSBC's default action on receiving a SAR is to send it to a department (offshore) that does nothing but send out copy statements, whilst a full SAR goes to their Data Compliance department in Sheffield. The latter are actually helpful and will make sure you get everything. Also, make clear that you want all data held by other companies in the HSBC group, specifically MCS and DG Solicitors, as they're in-house. I'd always mention DG as well, even if you haven't heard directly from them. I gather that MCS only send out template letters; any individual letters seem to come from DG, even if on MCS letterheads; confused? You will be...

You should also CCA HSBC for the credit card agreement; they may well not have one - but be prepared for all sorts of bullsh1t letters from them once they realise you know it's unenforceable.

Finally, in my recent dealings with HSBC (overdraft, credit card, and flexiloan), I have found that their standard operating procedure is to attempt to deceive and mislead at every opportunity. It is possible to force them to give proper answers, but it needs persistence; you will know when they are about to cave in when they resort to the 'no further correspondence will be entered into' ploy.

Thanks for the replies..

I am currently looking into getting back into the U.K shortly, probably to stay this time since getting emplyment in holland is proving rather awkward at the moment!

Sometime later next week I am thinking I may be back but its hard to say (after all, I got zero money so having to rely on parnets for flight back)

I am going to have to do some further reading up on this CCA and the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) though, got vauge ideas but I need to know more..

Thanks again, will update in the future once I have more information :)