• Tweets

• Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
    • who gave you the NTH? who was it sent to? thread title updated dx  
    • blimey CAG gave all that FREE help over +6mts and +100 posts and they never even bothered to comeback...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Neglect in responsibility of duty to investigate

tasty_tang0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Social Services are run by your Local Council.

Your Local Council is run by Democratically elected Local Councillors.

Local Councillors are directly accountable to the peeps who they purport to represent.

Also...

Social Services are funded by your Local Council.

Your Local Council is partly funded by Central Government, partly by Local Council Tax.

Peeps fund Central Government + also pay Council Tax (...or are exempt:rolleyes: ).

It is a case of PRIORISATION

...Peeps don't like paying taxes etc, but they want the services that taxes fund.

There is only so much money in the pot.

Welcome to REAL world tasty tang0

...If U want a policy change as to how much your Local Council funds it's Social Services Dept. U will have to lobby your Local Councillor/MP/MEP etc etc...:Cry:

You mean the ones who fail to get back to me!!! And besides I am not interested in how much SS get funded I think the service should be dropped!!! The mere fact there isn't enough resources is due to their inability to carry out their role effectively.

...:)

Hey Milky,

I've been firmly in the real world all my life, I am under no illusion about resources, red tape etc etc and it doesn't matter how much people rant about things, democracy is a law unto itself, I hate politics they are about greed, power, false pretence I could go on but I just get myself angry!!!

I live in hope, I will emigrate one day lol..:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

When is your appointment with the solicitor?

Hope it goes well.

Midge

It's this Wednesday 10am, they are able to look at SS and dad, but I have to find another sol's for the issues I'm having at school....

The the lack of communication I'm experiencing is actually affecting my daughter's ability to see her support worker!!! Today she has had her £70 jacket stolen and all they say is "she should show more responsibility"...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm sorry to hear all about your problems too, it's a bloody tuff world/life for some of us ain it Midge my friend :o :o

What exactly are you looking for as an outcome? For the authorities to be brought to justice and made to answer why they have failed me by not assuming their role.

Also I am a little confused as in your early posts you say your children are14 and 15, and in a later on mention the age of 21.

Your confusion is probably because you have skipped the full info on the posts, the reason I mention 21 is because these are the ages of the men who are sleeping with my daughter, it may be wise to pay a little more attention to the actual information I have placed on the thread.

Sorry Gizmo, no malice intended here!!! ;)

Gizmo

It is my daughter that is older.

Having gone through this myself I can honestly say that I know all too well how near impossible it is to get support as a family in crisis if the children are not already in the care of SS.

My daughter was constantly putting herself and the rest of our family at risk of harm and therefore on the advice of gp,police and health visitor I went to SS for support but they failed to do so.

They do have a responsibility to protect children and offer support but lack of cash and resources prevent them.

When we had a second lot of issues with my daufghter and g/s we had to start the process from scratch despite already having been through it once.

When you are struggling having someone else take some of the responsibility can lift a huge burden and having backup support can make such a diference especially when dealing with violence.

Absolutely NO mention of your Children, nor your continued relationship with them, when asked about 'what exactly do U want as an outcome' then eh tasty tang0??...:Cry:

YOUR priorities lie with just wanting failings placed squarely on the shoulders of an already overburdened Social Services do they??...:rolleyes:

Methinks your Children require U to become MORE focused extremely quickly + to take responsibility!!!...;)

• Haha 1

Absolutely NO mention of your Children, nor your continued relationship with them, when asked about 'what exactly do U want as an outcome' then eh tasty tang0??...:Cry:

YOUR priorities lie with just wanting failings placed squarely on the shoulders of an already overburdened Social Services do they??...:rolleyes:

Methinks your Children require U to become MORE focused extremely quickly + to take responsibility!!!...;)

I shall elaborate Milky!!!!!

I have tried to protect my children and keep them safe all thier sorrowful little lives, I am unable to maintain a relationship when it is based on violence, hence requesting the support of a service who are supposed to help families in crisis.

My priority is to try and stop my daughter from taking her life, stop her being abused by peadophiles, and for someone to help sort her eating disorder out.

Over and above that, mine and my partner's safety has been compromised for over two years now of course I am placing the failings on an already stretched SS system.

What I require as an outcome is to be able to charge these men, stop being battered, and for someone who is supposed to be trained/qualified take responsibility along with me...

How on earth can I be anymore responsible? My children have my full attention so much so I lost my job to sort this out! Have you ever been on the receving end of domestic violence? Have you tried to tell someone you need help and they ignore you? Do you think you are qualified to deal with everything in life?

Me thinks not!!

;)

...Have you ever been on the receving end of domestic violence?...YES Have you tried to tell someone you need help and they ignore you?...YES Do you think you are qualified to deal with everything in life?...I am a Bloke, we are supposed to cope + just get on with it.
Read the bit of the linked Post which U feel is applicable...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1271176.html

Read the bit of the linked Post which U feel is applicable...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1271176.html

some of the stuff relates to me but my situation is a lot more in depth than that, I lost EVERYTHING too, my children, almost my life due to a vicious attack, no assets, still paying £12,000 to solicitor etc..

I think you must have it in your mind it is all about money my friend, it is not what I wish as an outcome, just because the SS is over stretched doesn't mean I don't have a point or should not have them become accountable does it, after all it is supposed to be thier job to protect children.

It was not I who said a bloke should just get on with it, I think it's a sad stance to take!!! I am still on the receiving end of it, are you telling me that you are still going through domestic violence and that this is acceptable??

Personally I refuse to suffer anymore, is that so wrong? Or am I just supposed to get on with it? Are you stating that I am being over dramatic because I don't want to be physically and verbally abused anymore? Am I missing something, is this what you mean or consider to be a responsible parent?

What are you implying by stating I don't mention the children, this whole post is about trying to do the best for my children and the fact SS along with other services are not...I fully understand what responsibility is, putting up with what I have done is responsible, not charging my children is responsible, brining my children up without any support from thier father is responsible, asking for help when you cannot do anymore is responsible.

Why have you made these comments? :confused: :confused:

Focused NOW are we??...;)

I have ALWAYS been focused, are you trying to play mind games with me? I am a highly articulate lady, who CLEARLY understands what I FEEL and WHY.

I'm not sure what you or Gizmo were trying to achieve by asking the question "what do I want as an outcome" as I think it is VERY CLEAR

purely by other people's posts in that they are identifying with me there is an issue with SS failing vunerable people/children/families.

SS should for once take responsibility and do the job the tax payer pays them to do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Personally I think it is a reasonable question ot ask what outcome you want to acheive, so far apart from being defensive you haven't answered and haven't given a response that we can help you to work towards acheiving. I have to say if this was my children I would net be concerned with bringing a faceless organisation to rights but with sourcing the support that myself and my family need.

You say that your daughter is involved with 21 year old phdadohiles, but do not say how her lifestyle brings her into contact with these people.

You say that you have had a support worker, but appointments were not kept, but do not say by who. CAMHs are involved - presumably this was the result of a SS referal.

Have your children ever been subjected to a child protection conference?

I advised you to use s20 of the children act, and MTM posted you the link to the act, it seems you ignored this.

Comparing Victoria Climbie with your family is a disingenious way of avoiding the hard facts in your case - are you aware of the cultural assumptions and organisionatial failings that were the key factors in this case? Google Lord Laming for the full report. Are you aware of hte subsequent changes in legislation - Children Act 2004 that were made because of thiscase?

You run down social services and social workers, but I for one am proud to belong to a society where we have people who are prepared to undertake professional training to help over 400,000 children in need and 55,000 children in care for a relatively low income and no thanks from the public.

Social workers - damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Tasty I believe myself to be the most sympathetic person to those in difficulties but I must say I'm with Gyzmo on this - many have tried to offer you advice but you seem determined to seek one stop solutions - or have accused those trying to be helpful of not understanding your problems - we do understand but like me most feel, I suspect, that we must give advice which puts the child or children 1st & not you - many of us no longer know how to respond to you because you make random statements about the father, phedos missed appointments etc without giving details - Are these phedos in the eyes of the law or just someone older your child has taken up with & who you don't like - are they sexually assaulting her & if so how do you know - why were appointments missed -because SS didn't turn up because your child didn't or because you didn't - which is it

If you genuinely want help & advice you need to give a little more detail & a little less rant

• Haha 1

I think that people are asking you what outcome you want because you haven't been very clear in what you want to happen. MTM's postings made you say what is truly important in this situation - the love that you obviously have for your family, and the need to get the situation sorted, is more important at the moment than trying to bring action against the services that will eventually be the ones helping you out. Once you and your daughters are in a safe environment, then all the extraneous bits can be worked out - but I think you need to sit down calmly and carefully think about what needs to happen to sort this out. Try and make the actions as simple as possible - I find using lists and bulletpoints help me when I'm trying to work out a plan. For example (I hope you don't mind me using it):

*Eldest Daughter

- Violent

- Possible solutions:

* Therapy sessions (find free local youth counselling services)

* Anger management (contact SS with specific request for lists of clases)

- Eating disorder

- Possible solutions:

* ED counselling (make appointment with Anorexia society)

...etc.. Perhaps if you managed to organise your problems into a manageable format people will be able to suggest organisations and charities that they found helpful in their own situations, and you can go from there. Once you're able to get a clear space in your life to think, and the pressure's off a little, you'll be able to formulate a proper complaint to the welfare services, and I'm sure someone who has made a successful complaint to a local authority before could help you with the wording of that. It's just that at the moment you've got too much to cope with, IMHO, to think of beginning action against any service as yet.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

ok i can't sit on side lines anymore on this one!!!

firstly tasty is my friend known her since school, call me bias but believe me when she says shes tried everything SHE HAS.

she has contacted everyone to help and assist that have been refered and more, but she keeps hitting her head on a brick wall!!

this lady has been to hell and back BECAUSE SHE DOES love her children thats what is so hard about all of this. And yes i have witnessed more or less everything..... been to every meeting with her and believe me thats lots!!! ive lost count how many agencies are/have been involved.

I truely do feel all tasty wants is SS to back her up and HELP her as they are the only ones who chose to ignore it all and pass the buck to someone else ie: other agencies.

She might seem erratic sometimes when posting but this is because she has to endure this on a daily basis, i'm not going to go too much into every detail because it's not for me to do, but lighten up on her she's going through enough and yes i know some of you are thinking SO ARE WE ALL so have some patience.

And just for the record not every eating disorder has to be anorexia its bulmia.

She just wants help with SS and co-operation during this difficult time, she can correct me if im wrong but i dont think i am but its nothing to do with money.

interesting first post S-I-B

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

sue

I total agree that SS are in the wrong.

I no this is not really the same situation but my mum and l have been battling SS for 4 years as my Nan has Dementia and my aunt has been beating up my Nan.

A few years ago a neighbour of mine was accussed by her health visitor and SS for not looking after her baby as he got a cold in the winter.

They took the baby to hospital and put him on the Child protection register because of the baby getting a cold which they say was caused buy him goo into town with his mum to pick up some nappies.

That cold could ahve been brought in to the property buy any body evn the health visitor as she went off sick for 3 weeks after reporting to SS with flu. 5 months later and lots of WASTED TAX PAYERS MONEY AND COURT TIME. SS droped the court case after admitting they over reacted and the health visitor admitted she over reacted to. The child was removed from the CPR and the case dropped.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

It seems that this thread is getting a bit difficult.

As I have posted before I FULLY understand the problems faced by Tasty.

Once you become a parent this is for life and full responsibility means exactly that.

Unfortunately life has a habit of throwing obstacles in the way and these are not always easy to get over.

Children can go off the rails for all sort of reasons and these days they all want to be grown up well before their time without being mature enough to deal with the ensuing situations and this can cause family breskdowns.

Surely it is then the responsible thing to ask for help.

we have all grown up believing that SS are there to help. The protection of the children should be paramount and therefore why is it so wrong to expect SS to share some of this responsibility when everything you try yourself fails?

I you want to see just how badly SS do let down some famillies can I sugest that you look on the forum of the following site and read some of the horrendous stories on there. The FRO offer good sound advice and they helped me in my struggle with my daughter and SS.

Family Rights Group :: Welcome

I have now come through my battles but it was my strong belief that I had done a good job in the early years with my daughter in teaching her right from wrong and this was truly embedded in her,shown by her in odd moments during our battles that kept me going.

I admire Tasty for being able to admit that she can no longer cope and for trying to get outside help. This is a very hard thing to do as none of us like to admit that we have failed in any way, especially when it comes to our children. Surely this is better than the family imploding completely?

It seems to me the government is all too quick to blame parents for unruly children but as parents we are bound by legislation in repremanding them!

Makes no sense to me! As in my case my husband smacked one of our daughters on what he thought was her bottom slightly missed making a mark on her leg, SS end up at my house. I can understand why the school acted and SS, infact SS told me on the journey to school 'i can just see there's no abuse here' and backed me up with school.

But she did say you can smack on the bottom without leaving a mark!

Im at a stage now where i dare not even shout at them as the police very nearly were going to break my door down because they had a call saying there was a child in distress. In actual fact my 5 yr old daughter was having a paddy (and believe me what a temper she has).

I just think its a real shame SS are so underfunded and so stretched to act when parents are in real distress.

Hell if they do hell if they don't!!!!

...I am a highly articulate lady, who CLEARLY understands what I FEEL and WHY.
Mmmm...very articulate methinks!...:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you or Gizmo were trying to achieve by asking the question "what do I want as an outcome" as I think it is VERY CLEAR
Please refer to above comment.

U have said that U love your daughters.

U have said that U want to wash your hands of your daughters.

U have said that their natural father has had little to do with their upbringing.

U have said that U immensely resent him for rejecting your daughter for the SAME reasons that U have rejected her for.

U have said that your daughter has shown physical violence to U.

U have said that U have been physically violent towards her.

U have said that the natural father has being physically violent towards your daughter.

U have said that U are immensley resentful towards the natural father for his actions towards your daughter + have sought to escalate things by contacting 3rd parties re: HIS conduct + HIS suitability as an adult in charge of Minors.

Please feel free to pick out the contradictions which make it VERY CLEAR to peeps?!

Your daughters are lacking parental love + attention.

They are obviously crying out for this by their wayward actions + learnt behaviour.

Instead of continuing to ignore them + concerntrating on slagging off Government Departments, why don't U start listening to THEM + identifying your OWN complicity in their behaviour??...:confused:

Perhaps it's a Mars Vs Venus thing?

...But U seem MORE concerned about waffling on about zilch, than U actual do about wanting to do something YOURSELF, to resolve your family's issues.

Your Posts are all ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!...:rolleyes:

Go to Court/Complain etc etc + U will find that U will be the LAST person whose views will be considered...;)

Personally have that T-shirt BIG TIME!...:Cry:

• Haha 1

Well for the ones wo don't inflict more pain with their opiniated views, my now ex partner is in hospital as he was stabbed on Monday by my younger daughter. I presume this is my doing Milky!!!!!!

She is now in care!!!!!!! She also attacked my elder daughter and tried to throw her in the road,again I suppose this is my fault...

I am now in homeless hostle as I do believe I am firmly in the clutches of a mental break down...But hey it's all about me, me, me...:mad:

I am requesting for this thread to be closed and the poeple who ahve made negative comments, you carry on playing with your own egos and feel comfortable in destroying what little dignity people may be holding onto...I feel sorry for all the other people you inflict your jumped up opinins on!!!!

Shut this thread please!!!!!!

Thread closed at OP's request.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks