• Tweets

• Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Neglect in responsibility of duty to investigate

tasty_tang0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi tasty.

I'm sitting on the side watching and reading. My heart goes out to you. You're being so brave facing up to this and trying to take control. Good for you.

xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can i ask please how long their natural father has been gone, and how long your partner has been there? thanx

honey x

Sorry Honey,not quite sure what your digginhg for??? their natural father has always been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My partner Fiance has been on the scence 9 years a large amount of continuity...

Hi tasty.

I'm sitting on the side watching and reading. My heart goes out to you. You're being so brave facing up to this and trying to take control. Good for you.

xx

Hey Hippy, I have a lot of people sitting on the side watching not so much reading :rolleyes: SS have advised me dad is willing to take responsibilty of children now, this is good and really bad...This scenario is as complex as spaghetti junction, my choices have been costly to me in terms of loyalty. responsibility, morals etc etc

I HATE THE LAW, IT IS A LAW¬UNTO ISTELF!!!! NOT REALITY

The recent developments are:

I tried to advise SS of thier duty under s20 of Children's Act as dad decided he couldn't cope and changed his mind to care for them so he tried bringing them back to me. SS weren't interested and they told me it would be a week before they could come and meet with me and advised me of my responsibilities as a parent to care for tham.

As it stands now I ahve got my youngest daughter back with me as she couldn't cope with her dad being nice then nasty, so I think I need to write a complaint to SS as I cannot report them to the ombudsman until I have done this...Meanwhile my eldest is still in turmoil and as aggressive with her father as she is with me!

I know gizzmo you told me not to take the children back but I had no choice when she turned up at my door shivering and upset, it broke my heart.

hi

Try the Family Rights Group for some advice.

Advice line is open Monday to Friday 10am-12pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm

Freephone number is 0800 731 1696.

You can contact us by telephone or by email at [email protected] or by letter (The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street, London E8 3DL).

If you email or write to us, please send us your postal address.

We welcome calls from textphone users via Typetalk

Family Rights Group provides independent advice, information and advocacy to families involved with local authority social children's social care services about the care and protection of their children in England and in Wales.

Open for two sessions every weekday, we provide advice to over 2500 callers per year. We give advice via our freephone service and also be sending out written information to families who contact us, and those who support, or work with them.

Our advice sheets are now available on our website and we are continuing to update the full range and add new topics as appropriate.

They also have a forum you can sign up to and you will get help and advice straight away on there. They helped me a lot.

hi

Try the Family Rights Group for some advice.

Advice line is open Monday to Friday 10am-12pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm

Freephone number is 0800 731 1696.

You can contact us by telephone or by email at [email protected] or by letter (The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street, London E8 3DL).

If you email or write to us, please send us your postal address.

We welcome calls from textphone users via Typetalk

Family Rights Group provides independent advice, information and advocacy to families involved with local authority social children's social care services about the care and protection of their children in England and in Wales.

Open for two sessions every weekday, we provide advice to over 2500 callers per year. We give advice via our freephone service and also be sending out written information to families who contact us, and those who support, or work with them.

Our advice sheets are now available on our website and we are continuing to update the full range and add new topics as appropriate.

They also have a forum you can sign up to and you will get help and advice straight away on there. They helped me a lot.

Thank oyu Midge, your very helpful...i have written a complaint to SS to begin with which I'll include here, failure to satisfy my issues I shall contact the obudsman. I'll check this site out too, thank you..;)

Silly me, forgot to add letter tut....

Complaint against Social Services in Neglect of Legal Duty under Section 20 of the Children Act 1989

Further to my letter dated 6th January 2008, in which I advised you that I have been trying to get a consistent level of care for my family since 2006, I am writing to make an official complaint after attempting to access your services yet again and nothing happening. This request came as a result of my partner being assaulted AGAIN by my eldest daughter on 6th January 08, I informed the police and informed them I was no longer able to care for my children as I was in fear I or my partner may hurt them as we were unable to control our temper any longer from the abuse.

The police advised me that under Section 20 of the above Act I could inform the emergency duty team at Social Services and request for my children to be accommodated with a view to making a partnership agreement that will have the purpose of reunifying the family over a period of 6-12 months.

Irrespective of this request I was denied this right and Social Services did not accept their legal duty which rendered my children becoming more distressed and being passed from pillar to post.

Furthermore, I advised you that I was not willing to take my children back in my letter dated 6th January 08 and to date I have not had the courtesy of a letter from yourself informing of how you are going to help my family. Instead, I received a call from a Ann Fielding on 9th January 08 informing me she could meet with me on 14th January 08 to discuss how Social Services may be able to help. In effect this meant my children had to find somewhere else to stay for a week until this meeting took place, the reason it would take a week was due to being fully booked up I was informed, not the best approach for children who are in distress. Later in the day Ann called me back and advised me father was going to care for them full time and the meeting was cancelled.

However, on 11th January 08 father contacted me and advised me he couldn’t cope with the children and that my youngest daughter had walked out from him because she didn’t want to stay with him. This daughter turned up on my door around 10.30pm after walking from ******** to ********* ALONE aprrox 10 miles.

Obviously I did not want to see her on the street and as Social Services were not interested in implementing their legal duty to accommodate my children I allowed her back into the family unit with the apprehension things may become volatile again as they have been for years.

It has now been agreed that my eldest daughter will reside with her father and my youngest daughter will reside with me to see how this may alleviate the situation. However, Social Services have failed me and my family for over two years by not putting adequate support in place to help my family cope with the abuse.

As I state in my previous letter, my eldest daughter has tried to take her life five times, but is considered a low risk by different duty social workers each time she has tried, she has been abused by paedophiles up to the age of 21 years old, become involved with drugs and crime, been reported missing numerous times, struggled at school due to being verbally abused by staff and other pupils and still no proper support has been offered by Social Services to help her cope. I find this absolutely disgusting and sheer ignorance, please advise me what exactly Social services role is in terms of role & responsibility, as I am struggling to comprehend what child care services are actually for. Clarification of this question is imperative to my complaint, therefore a response to this query IS REQUIRED.

The police have tried on numerous occasions to get Social Services involved with my family, school have made a referral albeit against me, my support worker has made a referral, I have made a self referral, as a matter of interest how many more referral’s do Social Services require before they are willing to intervene? Or are Social Services going to have to explain their lack of action as with the case of Victoria Climbe when something drastic happens to my family, even the though the service has all the information they need to elucidate my family are at risk.

I have tried to go via a councillor jean Ashworth who promised she would help my daughter but failed to deliver her promised, I tried again with another councillor to help me but didn’t ‘t even get a reply from them, so it would appear I have to try and do this on my own, even though my health has deteriorated immensely as a result of my situation and I have lost my job. This doesn’t seem to matter though does it as the children are my responsibility, well they are also Social Services when there are reasons for an investigation if a family are seen to been at risk.

I would like a response from yourself ** ******* within 14 days with an explanation as to why my family have been refused intervention from Social Services when requested under Section 20 of the Children Act from last weeks assault when they were rendered homeless. In addition, I would like an explanation as to why a consistent level of care has not been offered by Social Services for my family even though they have been made aware my children were at risk two years ago. Subsequently the complacency shown by Social Services has allowed my daughter to keep attempting to take her life, my younger daughter becoming violent as a result of not coping with the situation, I have lost my job as explained and my health has become so impaired I am now looking a detoxification/rehabilitation from alcohol abuse.

Lets see what happens!!!!:mad: :mad:

Hi

Looks good to me.

Just a thought but have you tried contacting your MP?

Yes Midge, Ihave tried two, one promised me she could help with the school but never bothered returning my calls, the other didn't even bother to acknowledge my plea...I think I must be cursed or something as I'm just hitting my head against a brick wall all the time!!

Good luck with it.

I ahve contacted frg via email and entered my postal details, just outlining my experiences, as the number is hard to get through to isn't it!

I also think I'm strong enough to report the sergeant now, as I have provided details of the complacent attitude displayed by him in terms of addressing domestic violence in the home. The police tell you to report it and then you get told it's not thier problem, I ask why do we have such services when they are unable to assume thier correct roles?

The very thing I was trying to avoid has now presented itself to me!!!!

I received a call from child potection unit in the police yesterday, and they are concerned after witnessing an injury on my daughters arm i.e.a scratch. I openly admit I did this "in self-defence" because she was shouting abuse in my face so I tried pushing her away.

So it seems now that their father is accussing me of assault and the police immediatley wish to investigate the alleged incident, yet didn't want to know last week? Slightly confusing to say the least, but what really makes me angry is the fact that I report myself to Social Services because I perceive my family to be at risk for over two years stating that someone is going to get hurt and they don't want to know. Yet one call from dad and I'm being investiagted for child abuse?

The police, NHS, SS and School have done a fantastic job at totally destroying my quality of life and my children's along with the father and I dare say will continue to do so!!!!

What a sorry world we live in!!!!!:evil:

Tasty I can't emphasize this enough but as midge61 states you MUST not say ANYTHING to the police until you have taken advice from a family solicitor.

The steps you have tried to take previously to resolve the situation will not stop YOU being prosecuted they can only be referred to in mitigation

Tasty I can't emphasize this enough but as midge61 states you MUST not say ANYTHING to the police until you have taken advice from a family solicitor.

The steps you have tried to take previously to resolve the situation will not stop YOU being prosecuted they can only be referred to in mitigation

Hi tasty

You need to speak to a family law solicitor now, you should be able to get legal aid.

Get some proper advice. You could end up the villan otherwise.

Why is this so hard, I haven't done anything wrong other than try to protect myself...I am really upset and frightened about all of this!!!!!

In fact you know what, I give up!!!!!!!

I'm not seeking advice as I do not desire to continue with the abuse I have endured abuse since I was 7 years old, people are not interested about my situation in the slightest!!! I appreciate the advice to seek legal representation but it didn't help me when the father tried to kill me so what changes anything now?????

I don't care actually, charge me, imprison me, it's ok that some one tried to starngle me, OH this is acceptable!!! In other words, kick a horse whilst it's down AGAIN, I have no inclination to go on or fight because it is a losing battle, the justice system is the pararlell universe and has no interest in human nature/suffering, it is only power that makes the world go round!!!!! SAD

I wish to close my thread!!!! Would a moderator please action this request!!!!

Hi

Don't give up now you have done everything you can and yes you have been let down but things CAN and WILL get better.

Go to CAB and they will get you a free session with a solicitor and I'm sure once you tell your story they will help.

Please keep going you sre strong that is shown by how long you have managed so far.

Come here to let off steam and we will all try to support you the best we can.

Got to CAB tomorrow please.

Hey Midge,

it just so happens my eldest turned up at my house this morning as dad has been very aggressive towards her and told her not to bother going back! She also said she felt like taking her life again last night due to his behaviour towards her, in that he said his girlfriend comes before his children and that he didn't want her in his house he wanted his life back. Such a nice man!!!!!

Well, you will be pleased to know I carry on for my children, I have found out he is doing voluntary work with youths, so called them today to inform them of the mental abuse he is displaying towards his children and they should be very concerned about having him as a worker!!! I am awaiting a call back from the manager.

I have found incriminating pictures from 5 years ago when dad hit my youngest daughter in the face with a walking stick, bruises evident in pictures. I intend on having both my children present at the interview, as they are willing to advise the police of this assault and the fact dad bit one of them too.

I have requested a copy of my court order from the family court and will now call the police everytime he attends my property as this is a breach of the court order.

I have contacted a solicitor and will be seeing them on Monday.

Furthermore, I have spoken to my support worker about what dad has done and they are contacting the domestic violence unit to get me and my partner support from this point forward.

It would appear, my eldest daughter's support worker has informed her she has rights in how the investigation proceeds in terms of civil rights, and it is not Social Services decision as to where she resides but hers.

Such a productive day, now I am over the shock I actually think this action dad has created against me elucidates the weaknesses that exist when supporting victims of domestic violence!!!!

I will not pretend to say this is trying and so hard at times I do give up, but it seems this is temporary as I accept my responsibility as a parent, but the police, SS, NHS and School don't accept theirs.

As I am being interviewed, I will be equally interviewing SS and the police and requring answers as to why they choose to act on an alleged incident of child abuse from an abuser, but fail to rerspond to my plea in trying to avoid the potential of child abuse occuring who is the abused..

I have fortunately logged my concerns in numerous places and all these agencies appear to be on my side!!!!

Good to see the fighting spirit back!

My daughter was 13 when she went off the rails her adoptive father decided to tell her that she was not rlated to him by blood therefore he didn't have to have anymore to do with her and that is exactly what he has done. Kept contact with the other 2 and totally blanked her for the last 10 years!

There is a real black hole when it comes to services for teens. If they are already in the care of SS thats good but if you as a parent want help with a teen then they refuse until forced.

I'm really glad you are going to nsee a solicitor.

Good to see the fighting spirit back!

My daughter was 13 when she went off the rails her adoptive father decided to tell her that she was not rlated to him by blood therefore he didn't have to have anymore to do with her and that is exactly what he has done. Kept contact with the other 2 and totally blanked her for the last 10 years!

There is a real black hole when it comes to services for teens. If they are already in the care of SS thats good but if you as a parent want help with a teen then they refuse until forced.

I'm really glad you are going to nsee a solicitor.

It is just knowing that I have an fellow sufferer who keeps telling me to carry on!!!! How people can treat children in this manner Midge is beyond me, it's not just a black hole, it's neglect on the so called governmental services part. It really does rile me how there is clearly a failure to intervene by these governmental deprtments and this carries no penalties but costs lives i.e.Victoria Climbe, yet if your child has issues which overflow into e.g. school we the parent get penalised...

I can assure you when and I say WHEN I win my fight, which I will, I fully intend on leaving this sorry country behind, I am ashamed to be assocaited with Brittian!!!!!!!

It has failed me implicitly.....and continues to do so!!! :evil: :evil:

I really appreciate your support Midge, thank you from my heart....:D :D

Hi

I can give you another bad example that we have just been through.

My daughter has a son now. last May he got taken into police protection and was consequently placed in our care and she was not allowed near due to her drink problem.

SS made her attend Turning Point. After she had managed 3 months dry SS decided baby could come off CP register and she could now look at being a social drinker!

Myself and health visitor disagreed saying the drink problem was more serious than binge drinking. We were totally ignored!

Daughter then started drinking again and in Sept baby came to us again.

When I contacted SS I was not allowed to resume contact with previous SW but had to start the process all over again.

That is a shortened version but it shows how seriously SS fail our children.

Hi Midge and tasty tang0.

I have just come across this thread and understand how you feel.

I cant got into to many details due to legal reasons but yes SS have failed me to.

Have you heard of a mental health charity called MIND?

They are very good and work with teenagers young adult and even adults. I Have come out the other side of Mental health problems thanks to them.

Midge l will PM you the email addy due to the effects of mental health and the fact that l have just come across this thread l would not want to case tasty any problems by just PMing her. Maybe you could then pass the details on to her for me.

TGM.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

That is a shortened version but it shows how seriously SS fail our children.

Hello tasty tang0!

Here is a link to your 'Bible'...

Children Act 1989 (c. 41)

...:)

Hi Midge and tasty tang0.

I have just come across this thread and understand how you feel.

I cant got into to many details due to legal reasons but yes SS have failed me to.

TGM.

It would appear we have a service which ultimatley doesn't work!!!! So the question I ask is: why are social services able to continuosly able to neglect their duty to invesitagte? After all this is a legal duty not just a duty!!!!

My eldest daughter turned up at my house on Friday because dad kicked her out and told her not to come back, even though he promised to help and let her stay with him for 4 weeks!!!!

She is having suicidal thoughts because he is making her feel worthless, univited and rejected!! Over the wknd he refused to speak to her and just dumped her clothes outside the house. He didn't even knock on my door, he sent my younger daughter a txt saying three bags were outside and that's it he has just walked away leaving me YET AGAIN to suffer the consequences!

I ahve an appointment with a solictor to see if I can revoke his parental responsibility and to tackle SS's neglect...My daugher has not been in school today and for me I am right back at square one waiting for the next altercation to happen!!!

This is a serious matter which should be taken up with parliment, too many lives are in danger of ending sooner than they should because SS can't do their job. Yet some how parents are the ones who are to blame?

It would appear we have a service which ultimatley doesn't work!!!! So the question I ask is: why are social services able to continuosly able to neglect their duty to invesitagte? After all this is a legal duty not just a duty!!!!
Social Services are run by your Local Council.

Your Local Council is run by Democratically elected Local Councillors.

Local Councillors are directly accountable to the peeps who they purport to represent.

Also...

Social Services are funded by your Local Council.

Your Local Council is partly funded by Central Government, partly by Local Council Tax.

Peeps fund Central Government + also pay Council Tax (...or are exempt:rolleyes: ).

It is a case of PRIORISATION

...Peeps don't like paying taxes etc, but they want the services that taxes fund.

There is only so much money in the pot.

Welcome to REAL world tasty tang0

...If U want a policy change as to how much your Local Council funds it's Social Services Dept. U will have to lobby your Local Councillor/MP/MEP etc etc...:Cry:

...:)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks