employer took money after over payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, could someone please help.

I had to go into hospital on the 13 of November for an operation on my spine, and have been signed off since. My employer paid my wages on Nov 28 in full and at the time i had no reason to think i had been over paid and thought for once they were being fair as this was a genuine reason for absence. When it came to Dec pay day i checked my bank and had no wages paid at all. After contacting my accounts dept i was told that they had over paid me for Nov as i hadn't been at work from the 13th and they had re calculated my Dec wages which would only have been SSP and my Christmas bonus and took the lot off me to pay themselves back, this has left me without any money for five weeks as wages were paid a week sooner because it was Christmas. Can they do this ? and without even contacting me to discuss the matter. This has totally ruined Chrismas and the start of a new year and i am now in debt with the bank.

Any advice would be great, Thanks for your time. Mark

Hi there, and welcome to CAG.

Your employer should have written to you explaining what they were doing. It's not that their calculation of your wages was wrong, but that they did it without advising you first. What does it say in your terms & conditions of employment about sick pay?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

(PS I will ask for your question to be moved to the Employment section)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.