Alex_Delarge V's Lowell/HSBC **WON**

Alex_DeLarge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I received a begging letter from Lowells for a debt that has been statute barred for over a year, I will start a new thread for that one.

Edited by Alex_DeLarge

They are that stupid they do not realise what they have sent me, I have kept every letter, envelope, postcard from day one, one letter in particular, the content of which would be impossible to explain, may have to be brought out to play, not yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see if they start court proceedings before the deadline. I now have a better understanding of what the courts see as an acceptable amount for costs when claiming as litigant in person, so my costs will run into four figures this time, would also be claiming for loss of earnings this time.

The account is still in default on their part, due to failing to supply a copy of the original CCA, add that to the fact they did not appear in court, and also the fact that they abused the bankruptcy petition process. They would have a lot to explain in court, namely the reason why they are still chasing me for this debt.

I am 99.9% sure the original CCA no longer exists (or was ever stored correctly in the first place, 11/12 years ago), so there is not much chance of that being produced, if they have managed to get a copy then they should have fulfilled my request and sent me a copy.

Edited by Alex_DeLarge

• 3 weeks later...

12 weeks left now until SB. I was under the impression that an account that is in dispute, or in this case in default (on lowells part) for failure to supply a copy of the original CCA, is not to be sold/transferred to another company.

The letter below arrived this week.

scot1.jpg

Lowell is a Debt Purchaser Alex, they are just using a debt collection agency to act on their behalf, the account is not sold or transferred.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So lowell have attempted to collect the debt themselves and failed, I guess this is just another collection tactic.

Where do I stand in regards to the fact they did not supply a copy of the CCA when I asked for it almost 6 years ago, bearing in mind that did not stop them from starting court proceedings against me, but as we know, that backfired!

I would suggest as soon as Snotcall write to you send them A CCA request keep bu**ers busy for a couple of weeks, then reject what ever they come up with:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Good advice, thanks. Not too long to go now, it really is a matter of weeks until I can send out the SB letter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well that was my last outstanding debt, and it is now SB, so I am free. This thread is almost 6 years old now, 6 years of being bullied by scumbags. Here's to a debt free 2014, I hope you all have a happy christmas, or whatever it is you choose to celebrate.

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Letter from snotcall and lowell last week asking for money, oddly the amount has now gone back up to the original amount from 2007 when they first made contact, no mention of the payments made, although I have bank statements and court documents that prove otherwise.

I have sent off the same letter to lowells that I sent regarding the crap1 account which was also statute barred, hopefully will get the same response.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter now received from lowell confirming this debt is statute barred. Thanks again for all the help over the last few years.

Great news!!

• 3 weeks later...