help with lowells

jogra4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help me with this i have lowells chasing me for an old abbey debt made up entirely of bank charges and interest i have read lots of threads but im not sure what i need to send 1st also i dont have the a/c no anymore i want to reclaim all charges and any money owing me but i want to do it right

Well FIRST get a S.AR into Abbey and go for the charges.

Now for Lowells, send them this:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

How old is the account? Have you moved address since opening the Abbey account?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

the account is very old opened when i was 18 and the dinosaurs ruled but it went into default/debt around 2003 and yes i have changed address its basically a fishing letter followed by you aint answered so it must be you id like to go to a lowell logical training session lol

All you need to give Abbey is the address that you were at when it went into default, your D.O.B. and a recent bill at your new address. They will be able to find the account from that info and it will verify that you are indeed who you say you are.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

they have totally ignored my letter and have sent a l.b.a saying they wont communicate no more until court papers are served if indeed they will they are using their favorite word "may" again also they are trying to tell me they will make me bankrupt take money from my employer that'd be funny cos im self employed and they are saying they will raid my bank account . so what letter do i send now regards jogra

THIS IS THE LETTER I HAVE DECIDED TO SEND THE POND LIFE

19 January, 2008

REF NO

Po box 172

Leeds

ls11 9ws

Dear Mr. Beaven

Please look at the enclosed previous correspondence, what part of this account is in dispute do you struggle with. Now the recent letter you have sent me shows you are a: stupid b: incompetent or c: all of the above I am reporting you and your co to all the relevant financial bodies for your continued harassment in this matter and also your false claims as to what you say your powers are which in reality are nada my milkman has more power than you I want you to deal with this case professionally and courteously and drop the lame threats because you cant take it to court because it is in dispute due to unlawful bank charges which are currently subject to an high court test case with the office of fair trading so I respectfully request that you wind your neck in and do your job properly for once in your life.

Sincerely,

Well they want to play silly then throw this at them.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Letter Before Action

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I refer to my letter of **DATE** a copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt which was disputed with **BANK **, and has yet to be resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40, Protection from harassment Act 1997 section 3 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

THIS IS THE LETTER I HAVE DECIDED TO SEND THE POND LIFE

19 January, 2008

REF NO

Po box 172

Leeds

ls11 9ws

Dear Mr. Beaven

Please look at the enclosed previous correspondence, what part of this account is in dispute do you struggle with. Now the recent letter you have sent me shows you are a: stupid b: incompetent or c: all of the above I am reporting you and your co to all the relevant financial bodies for your continued harassment in this matter and also your false claims as to what you say your powers are which in reality are nada my milkman has more power than you I want you to deal with this case professionally and courteously and drop the lame threats because you cant take it to court because it is in dispute due to unlawful bank charges which are currently subject to an high court test case with the office of fair trading so I respectfully request that you wind your neck in and do your job properly for once in your life.

Sincerely,

ROFPMSL but I bet Nige wont be:D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...