HSBC still making offers on Business Claims

HONESTKNOB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm helping a friend with a business claim against HSBC. Total claim is nearly £5500. Sent the prelim off and got a reply a couple of days ago offering £1660. I thought this was quite interesting with the current test case starting soon. I've declined the offer but the Ombudsman have stated they won't proceed with the claim and it seems the courts are still staying business claims even though they shouldn't.

I've noticed that Lloyds have paid up on a business claim today even though it was stayed, any chance HSBC might do the same thing?

Business claims shouldnt be affected by the test case, I know some have been stayed and can only think these are either mistakes by the claimant (using a personal account POC instead of a business account POC) or mistakes by the court (not realising its a business claim).

I think if you use something along the lines of the following you should be ok and the bank will make a reasonable offer before you get to court like they always have done in the past.

"No part of the of the Commercial Court proceedings between the OFT and the Defendant (and seven others) comprised in Claim No. 2007 Folio 1186. has any baring on, or will interact with or affect the basis of this claim."

pete

Business claims shouldnt be affected by the test case, I know some have been stayed and can only think these are either mistakes by the claimant (using a personal account POC instead of a business account POC) or mistakes by the court (not realising its a business claim).
Ah, Pete, you are very trusting of the judicial system! :-D

The harsh truth is that the courts have seen an escape route to reduce their dockets which had been getting overloaded for a while now and some of them will just stay regardless and won't budge. In my c/c claim, the judge opened with saying: "now, about staying this case", and if the barrister for B/card hadn't said "Er, no, actually, we're paying up", I would have been in trouble! :shock:

Southend (I think) put in a blanket stay and wouldn't budge, even if the claims were credit card or business. It's always worth trying to get it lifted, yes, but sadly, if the courts don't want to budge, however unfair we know this is on us, there'll be little one can do. :mad:

I'm working through both mine and my girlfriends credit cards and find the Ombudsman is just the job for this. Takes some time but gets there in the end and it's free. They've already stated that they won't look at Business claims so I'll submit an N1 to Derby courts and see what happens. I know it's a bit pot luck at the moment but I guess the worst that can happen is that it gets stayed and then I lose my court fee in about 10 million years if the test case goes pear shaped.

Have we heard any mutterings about the test case with it getting so close? Any chance of it all falling through? I've just got a weird feeling that seeing how the banks like to drag all the claims out and settle just before court that they could do exactly the same before the big one.

All quiet on the Eastern front...

I can't see them doing that, tbh, this time, they can't wriggle out by settling at the last minute.

Might as well put the kettle on, I think we'll be here for a while on that one. :-D

I think I'd need to know who the announcement was by, might help narrow it down a bit! :-D

Edit: Just had a quick look on OFT's website, and can't see anything new there, not surprisingly, as the test case hinges on the UTCCR, which don't apply to business accounts.

ooh I was lurked again

Well I have had no problems with credit card claims in Birmingham CC using the this is nawt to do with the test case paragraph :) so I guess its suck it and see.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/98706-castlebest-monument-rock-hard.html

thought I best leave some proof here for the lurker too

pete

Hiya

Can I just jump in here, I was helping my friend with his Business account claim & from what I have just found out, He won, he did take an offer which was less than his was claiming for, I will find out the whole story & post it, I started his claim in October 2007, & he won in December, like I say I will find out more, as soon as I can, as I have a post going but have not kept it updated...sorry will do it, so others can see how he won...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Coz he DIDNT tell me, as I would have told him to WAIT lol

men just dont listen lol...he didnt know what he was doing to be honest, but he is happy, plus he did need the money, so I dont blame him, & anyone who needs money would have done the same thing..plus that account had been closed Feb 2007, so what does that tell you...Anyway I shouldnt be posting in here, so Im off before I get wrong....

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks