Debit Card information please

missy2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me please if i cancel my Debit Card will all my Direct Debit payment's be affected.

I ask because Pipex were my old ISP and took payment out via Debit Card owe me 10 days i didn't owe them and im scared they will do it again even though im with another ISP.

I want to cancel my Debit Card so Pipex don't get the opportunity to do it again but dont want all my other Direct Debit payment's affected if i do.

Can you tell me if i can do this or not.

Thank you.

A Debit Card transaction is supposed to be a 'one-off' transaction.

A Direct Debit is where U have given authorisation to a Third Party to debit your account with regular payments.

...These payments can either be for the same amount, or for an amount that the Third Party requires, as per your agreement with them.

It is possible that U MAY have previously given your Debit Card detail to Pipex for them to debit your account on a regular basis as per any T & C's that U MAY have had with them??...:confused:

Check with your Bank that NO Direct Debit has been set up between U + Pipex.

If one has, cancel it with your Bank.

If one hasn't, inform your Bank that U have 'lost' your Debit Card.

Your Bank will then re-issue U another one with a different number on it.

Your Bank should also put a STOP on any future transactions on your old 'lost' Debit Card...;)

...:)

• Haha 1

It is possible that U MAY have previously given your Debit Card detail to Pipex for them to debit your account on a regular basis as per any T & C's that U MAY have had with them

Yes it was MilkTrayMan we thought we had done it via DD.What i really need to know is if we cancel the Debit Card with the bank will our DD payments we have with other companies that need paying like my new ISP, Will these still be in place or will we have to do them all over again.

If we say we have lost the Debit Card will Pipex if they try will they get the new card details if they get in touch with the bank.

All iam worried about is if we did say we lost it we will have to set up new DD with all the people we have them with now.

your bank will not / cannot give any details without your written authorisation.

get a new card and pipex are stuffed......

all other direct debits are fine ...its a different system

BTW why did you ditch them? i'm with them at the moment and I'm thinking of going elsewhere because of very poor customer service.

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

...What i really need to know is if we cancel the Debit Card with the bank will our DD payments we have with other companies that need paying like my new ISP, Will these still be in place or will we have to do them all over again.

If we say we have lost the Debit Card will Pipex if they try will they get the new card details if they get in touch with the bank....DFW has answered this for U.

All iam worried about is if we did say we lost it we will have to set up new DD with all the people we have them with now.

Having a NEW Debit Card WON'T affect any DD's that are taken directly from your account, where U haven't arranged payment via your 'old' Debit Card!...:)

davefirewalker i left because they were crap m8 same reason your leaving their customer service is shocking.

Im with ADSL24 and so far its excellent only 1 month contract with them also.

MilkTrayMan can you explain what you mean please

Having a NEW Debit Card WON'T affect any DD's that are taken directly from your account, where U haven't arranged payment via your 'old' Debit Card
Sorry for not understanding m8, does this mean if we cancel the Debit Card and ask for a new one from the bank our DD payments wont be affected.

Normally, a Direct Debit is just what it says...A Debit, Directly taken from your account.

Usually, the Company send U a form to fill in + sign.

This form informs your Bank that U have given the Bank authorisation to allow the Company to Debit your account Directly, according to any instruction that are written...i.e. Every month on the 25th day etc etc

The arrangement that U seem to have had with Pipex, was that U authorised THEM to use your Debit Card details to be used to Debit money via your Debit Card on a certain date each month.

This is TOTALLY different + has LESS protection for U if the 'wrong' amount is Debited from your account.

U MAY have made similar arrangements, as the one U had with Pipex, with other Companies.

Your NEW Debit Card will have a NEW number on the front...Hence my wording!...;)

...:)