Hi all,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been drawn to this site because It seems to contain many people facing similar difficulties with regard to Corporate Finance shennanigans!

I'll tell you a little about my situation!I feel sure many are in a similar situation!

I was a working professional with 2k on a credit card. Shortly after spending 2k.The wife became disabled, forcing me into the benefit system and now being able to save the Government a lot of money be being a full time care and commanding a very princely takehome of £48.00 a week in carers allowance.

Naturally I contacted my PPI people who were less than unhelpful.

Bank had the forsight to cancel my card. I had made regular payments though with difficulty...Anyhow when my card was cancelled, my late payment penalties and overlimit penalties were not cancelled!

Now I owe2.4k....Desparation prompted my to claim back bank charges of 2.6kon my current account...FSA suspended my claim.....I'm told claims can be dealt with in cases of Hardship.

I contacted retail bank collections and asked them to fascilitate the resolution of this issue with a few clicks of a mouse. refund my bank charges to my credit card and it would all dissappear!

They said No! I usually get between 3 and 6 phonecalls a day from retail bank collections.

I feel I have made a good offer to make this go away. Naturally I dont understand why they said No. My Guess is that it would not be good business to resolve the issue. because they would not get anymore free money of me!

I wait patiently for the High Court adjudication, endure nuisance phonecalls. And await courtpapers or door collectors!

Well thats pretty much my story. thanks for indulging me.

N.B...I perhaps shouldnt be naming Banks so I wont!(It begins with H and ends in x)

Best wishes Neville1963.

Thread moved to Halifax Forum :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi neville

The first thing is send them a letter of harassment to stop the telephone calls, you will then need to send of your s.a.r for each account requesting your statements you can claim your charges back bank accounts will take a bit longer due to the test case to start in jan 08 but your credit card charges are not

affected once you have all your statements you can then send

of your prelim requesting your charges back i have given you

some links that will help you any questions just shout there is always someone around to help good luck:D

Harassment by telephone - response letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

Thanks Tilly,

The telephone harrassment letter is massively helpful!

I already have all my stataements and have rquested a bank charge refund, however it all hinges on the test case!

I am a peacable and meek kind of type, who gets to worrying about all of this . I have already offered up a viable resolution to my plight to the Bank. I have not even questioned the legality of Credit card latepayment charges and overlimit fees, content to simply dissolve the issue of my credit card balance!Using Current account charges!

They have recieved a good few hundred pounds of the initial ammount and yet i owe more than I initially borrowed!

Neville if you have your credit card statements you need to do a spready with your charges on eg late payment charges and overlimit fees and send this of with your prelim giving them

14 days to reply then send your letter before action giving them a further 14 days

the test case applies to bank charges not credit cards

2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

also carry on with your claim for your bank charges stick to your timescales not theirs