Defective rent rise notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I rent from a housing association and due to my father being in hospital for four months I had not read the rent rise notice as I should have done. It stated a new rent from the normal rise date and as normal listed a figure which it said included a service charge but said this was seperately identified. I understand this is done for benefit purposes.

However after things started to get back to normal following my fathers death I noticed that the service charge was being added on. I brought this to the attention of my housing officer but they have a high turn over of staff and she left before anything had been sorted. My present housing officer spoke to me about rent arrears and I pointed out the error in their system. She said to me that I should put the issue to her in writing and she would get it sorted out. The next step was to take me to court and for me to get told to pay £10 off the arrears or be evicted but the arrears are due to the difference in the charges.

My questions are:-

1 is it legal to advertise one price and charge a higher one and

2 the current notice says that the rent includes the service charge and then lower down the page says it doesnt. I say that the notice is defective and she says it isnt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tracey