Randle & co ltd? hand written removal of goods, on brown tatty envelope !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently being chased by Randle & co Ltd for my council tax.

I have had a few letters through the post , all stating that my goods will be removed to clear the outstanding debts.

On returning home a few weeks ago, i had through the letter box, a rather tatty brown envelope, on the front was printed PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

URGENT DOCUMENTS DELIVERED BY HAND.

On the left written, by hand, in red ink was: ref: ****** date #-#-##

UNLESS YOU CONTACT ME

BY 6PM TODAY I WILL HAVE NO

ALTERNATIVE BUT TO ARRANGE

REMOVAL OF GOODS FROM YOUR

PROPERTY.TO AVOID THIS COSTLY

ACTION PLEASE CALL ME :

MR ****** tel: ***********

How UNprofessional ! Wonder how much they want to charge me for THAT letter? !!

Has anyone else ever received a letter like this? :o

Er no, not on a tatty brown envelope.

If it's the first visit £24.50, and if it's the second visit £18.00, but that's only if they actually did visit, they can't charge for posting letters out, and they can't turn up with a van unless you've let them in before.

I've been on this site since November (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/120845-rossendales-final-reminder-i.html) and everyone keeps saying the same thing.

The members of this site will do all they can to help you, just like they've helped me.

The bailiffs don't really want to take anything, they would rather scare you into agreeing to let them into your house! They will say anything to get you to do that.

Right now they haven't got the right to enter your house - you don't have to let them in. So long as you keep the doors and windows locked so they can't sneak in through an open window or door they don't have the right of entry.

And park your car away from the house so they can't levy on that either.

By the way, I believe the bailiffs are off until Jan 2nd or 4th when our barricades will go back up, so hope you had a happy christmas, and enjoy the new year party; we will.

Hope that helps,

Chris.

Many thanks for your reply,i think my 3 dogs barking will put them off trying to get in , then there is my three teenage kid's... ! :D

I am in the process of sending off a letter to Randle & co , advising them that i am a single parent on income support, and asking them to refer the account back to my local council, in the hope that i can have payments taken direct from my benefit. Do you know if i can insist they take payments this way?

Any advise would be greatfully received, thank you in advance

I do believe that the arrears can be taken from your benefits at a set amount per week. Not 100% sure on this, but someone will correct me Im sure.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Absolutely right!, I was in this position for years, that's why my liability orders go back to 1997.

Don't quote me but it goes something like this.

If you're on income support the council will apply for an attachment of earnings and take around £3 a week.

But you have to stay on top of your benefits and make sure there are no gaps. That was my mistake, there are periods for which I can't now prove I was entitled to the Council Tax Benefit, that's why I've got such a big bill with the bailiffs now I'm no longer on benefit.

Also, I believe you fall into the "Vulnerable" person category, and you may be able to force the council to cancel the bailiffs.

Someone will be able to share the exact info that you need, but you do need to read the posts because that'll give you the confidence to face a bailiff if you have to and tell him to b*gger off with style and confidence.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Oops tomtubby already has, sorry.:-)

Many thanks for your replys!

I have been reading all the post's and its really helped me no end! I have had Rundle's on my back for the last 11 months or so, and have just buried my head, i would'nt answer the door, or open their letters. I now feel confident enough to open my door and tell them to Foxtrot Oscar with style AND confidence ! This site is brilliant! Its nice to know im not the only one with Bailiffs knocking on the door, and the advice is second to none!

Thanks to all of you who has offered me advice.

• 3 years later...
hi all

I am being chased by the too for council tax...they are useless.. and also quite threatening and rude when i spoke to them.

X

Hi Kelgirl welcome to CAG use this link to start a thread of you own give us info and we will see if we can help you if you are having problems with them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168