Barclaycard PPI - Your views on CCA Agreement

powerful_rogue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ive just received a copy of my CCA agreement through from Barclaycard that was taken out in 2001. I was only 18 at the time and was more interested in signing the form to get the card then read through the terms and condtions.

Ive just noticed that PPI was charged to me each month, and from looking at the agreement its included with no option to opt out - they give it automatically.

I applied for the account online, they then sent the form through for me to sign.

Your comments will be greatrly appreciated.

bccsm.jpg

Large Version

Hi,

Ive just received a copy of my CCA agreement through from Barclaycard that was taken out in 2001. I was only 18 at the time and was more interested in signing the form to get the card then read through the terms and condtions.

Ive just noticed that PPI was charged to me each month, and from looking at the agreement its included with no option to opt out - they give it automatically.

I applied for the account online, they then sent the form through for me to sign.

Your comments will be greatrly appreciated.

bccsm.jpg

Large Version

Hello,

It looks like a pre-contractual agreement to me, but I cannot see clearly all the small print to see if it has all of the prescribed term it should have to make it kosher. Maybe post the agreement up on the consumer credit agreement thread, for a more educated opinion;)

[/url] Consumer Credit Act Agreements

I can also see that their was no option regarding the payment protection insurance or the card protection fee.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW