You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

odds

Lloyds Credit Card- now Moorcroft taking over?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 199 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If they failed to supply the CCA, then STOP paying,

There is nothing further to add or do, they know the rules, Put that money to better use.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

Here is the latest communication from Moorcroft, just wondering if everyone was getting the same ones in the same order. This is number 4.

Heading in big bold capital letters "MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER", yes, that is how they have spelled it :)

Apparently they are concerned that because they have failed to hear from me that I may not be in a position to meet their previous requests to clear the account in full, and they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances and is one that I can afford to maintain.

Firstly, they have never asked for the account to be settled in full, they have always suggested that what I used to pay would be fine. However, as advised previously, I have now worked out a monthly payment plan of £0. I think I can maintain that quite well.

Then they say that if I do not contact them within 7 days it MAY leave them no option but to recommence collection activity.

Isn't that what they are actually doing now ?

Lastly, any payments should be made payable to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd.

I don't think so, it's a Lloyds account.

Thanks.

PS. I don't know why Lowells has been added to the thread title so could a moderator remove it please as they have never had anything to do with it.

Moorcroft_4_Edited.pdf

dunno must of had brain fade removed.

if they are offering a discount

time to SAR LLoyds

get all the statements

and get reclaiming unlawful penalties and PPI

as I bet they are the reason for it

and

they'll be double to reclaim over their discount

something smells

but as moorcraft never by debts

you ignore them and deal only with their stated client.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

dunno must of had brain fade removed.

if they are offering a discount

time to SAR LLoyds

get all the statements

and get reclaiming unlawful penalties and PPI

as I bet they are the reason for it

and

they'll be double to reclaim over their discount

something smells

but as moorcraft never by debts

you ignore them and deal only with their stated client.

dx

They aren't offering a discount, and the smell will be the lack of response to a CCA request made to Lloyds some years ago ;)

Ignore them then.

Moorcr@p are a joke TBH.

Ensure you Don't ignore that letter! :lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They aren't offering a discount, and the smell will be the lack of response to a CCA request made to Lloyds some years ago ;)

:thumb:

no point doing one to lesscroft, they'll just pass it on to their client.

it will prob be sold on just now. no worries, then do another cca request to the new owner.

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi once again,

Just a quick update to the Moorcroft attempts at debt collection, sorry debt administration on behalf of Lloyds.

Letter No.6 arrived today from Mr Martin.(see below).

"Our records show that despite our previous attempts to contact you, you have failed to make any

payment to us and therefore your account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division.

This may involve our local representative calling at your home address. Please call us if there is a

particular time or date when you would prefer our representative to call."

That's probably because I have no intention of contacting you or paying you. How about a 05:30 Sunday morning appointment, see how desperate they are ;)

"The purpose of this visit will be to assist you in establishing contact with our head office team by

telephone. The visit does not involve any recovery of monies or possessions and is purely to help

reconnect you to our Head Office team, to establish your circumstances and discuss a route forward."

I can't reconnect to something I've never been connected to in the first place but thanks for the offer of help.

"lf however you would prefer to agree a repayment arrangement direct with this office, or you believe

there is an outstanding query on the account, you must telephone us no later than xx/12/16."

Yes there is a small matter of a missing CCA response from your client actually, but I don't think I need to tell you that though. You really should ask your client if the claim is 100% legal before taking it on.

"In a further attempt to avoid further collection activity our client has informed us that we may be able to

offer a substantial discount from your outstanding balance. This means that if you are able to pay an

acceptable lump sum we will not attempt to recover the remaining balance of the debt."

Now why would your client even consider a substantial discount ? They already went down that route via their own collections departments 8 years ago.

"If you genuinely can't afford to make any repayment, speaking with us may still help. We can guide you

to free money advice services and our scheduled visit will still be cancelled."

I think I'm quite capable of seeking my own advice, but once again thank you for the offer of guidance and help (not).

Just posted so that people in the same boat know the cycle of letters that are being sent out.

Thanks.

Moorcroft_6_Edited.pdf

same letter they were sending out in 2006

must have about 35-40 copies of it now.

very old hat in todays world.

they wont be sending anyone...

IMO

passed to our Home Collections Division.

:lol:

ie the same plod at the same desk, deciding which template letter to send next.

IMO

The letters always come in envelopes with Whistl in the top right hand corner, how ironic, because that is exactly what they can do :)

Thanks

Quick update yet again,

It would appear Moorcroft have

a:bought some more printer cartridges or

b: started to collect early for the christmas party.

I have just received a letter, which is the same as the one they sent back in Sept 2016. That was the first in a series of seven letters, the last one was received in December 2016.

I presume the same series will now follow

Moorcroft_8_Edited.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
Formatting

Ignore moorcroft totally

OMG this is still going. Mine dropped off credit file 3 years ago without them getting a penny.

When did u stop paying them?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

OMG this is still going. Mine dropped off credit file 3 years ago without them getting a penny.

When did u stop paying them?

Once Lloyds wouldn't let me pay them directly and involved Moorcroft I ceased payments and have totally ignored all correspondence from Moorcroft, so that is almost 2 years.

open

Thank You BankFoddder.

Just an update to the situation. 

Since Lloyds asked Moorcroft to administer the account I have not paid them and the letters have been going through a cycle ever since and then stopping and repeating again, with the exact letters being sent, usualy an 8 letter cycle.

This years cycle has just started again but strangely Moorcroft have mentioned that the method I was using to pay ZINC GROUP will determine what action I need to take.

This seems strange, as I've never had any payment arrangement with anyone but Lloyds, infact I've never even heard of the Zinc Group and had to search online to see who they are  :)

Just wondering why they would be mentioning this or is it a template letter again that they haven't edited to suit my situation ?

Moorcroft_19_Edited.pdf

zinc are just another dca that doesn't ever but debts

so whatever can be ignored.

I know that, but why do Moorcroft even seem to think I had a payment plan in place with Zinc Group ?

They are supposed to be 'administering' my account on behalf of Lloyds.

If Moorcroft can't even get the basic facts correct, then why would anyone let them administer accounts for them  ;)  

Moorcroft are just hopeful commission agents no powers, NOT a debt buyer, and are asked by companies to try and get somebody to pay up, if lloyds were serious at this stage then they would sell to an actual Debt buyer =

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I haven't been here for a while so I hope everyone is OK. I just got a cheque in the post for a bit more than 4 grand from Lloyds in respect of PPI on a credit card.  Interesting thing is, it was statute barred and they sold the debt.  I can't even remember who to now.  Nice christmas present!

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

That's great news, well done. Please donate to CAG if you can. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Of course.  Once I've banked the cheque, I will do just that.

Regards and Merry Christmas to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread