• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh yes they have to pay to send u them aswell.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I don't have that many friends :)

I might send it again just so that they are 100% clear of the situation.

The signature, I don't care about. Just those few lines confirming delivery would have been nice. :)

hiya all

subbing if i may please to learn something from you all

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 7 years later...

Hi once again,

Sorry to drag up an old thread,

but after paying £1 as agreed back in 2008 or 09 and never missing a payment,

I have today received correspondence from a Director no less by the name of Jaime Graham.

No contact address is included in the letter of said person either so I can't send any correspondence directly to him.

During this period my circumstances haven't changed, and the only correspondence I have had is a few (less than 1 a year) letters asking to review my payments, which I just ignored and continued paying.

The letter informs me that to service my account in the manner most appropriate to my situation, they have transferred my Lloyds Bank PLC debt to a debt collection agency.

They have instructed Moorcroft Group PLC to contact me in the next few days, to enable me to make payments to them.

They have even included contact details for Moorcroft, just incase I wish to contact them directly :!:

Just a couple of questions:

Is it safe to completely ignore Moorcroft, according to other threads this is the advice given.

What justification do Lloyds have giving my personal data out to DCAs,

when I have kept to my side of the deal and infact it is them who have yet to locate my CCA as requested back in 2009.

Are Lloyds likely to sell this debt to Moorcroft.

Finally, why are Lloyds using DCAs to do their work for them.

Thanks.

Lloyds re Moorcroft.pdf

Hi,

I have moved this thread to the debt collectors forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

With all due respect but, it is actually Lloyds that I would need to deal with, not the DCA.

They have never produced a CCA and even admitted that it would be difficult to get a copy.

However if you think think it is better in this forum to get better advice then I am thankful for your input.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

moved it back

Lloyds have farmed out loads of old debt recently going by numerous thread here this week

as Moorcroft is NOT a debt buyer

so do not own the debt

you are safe to totally ignore them.

I question your logic in continuing to pay anything [back to day one]

on a debt they cannot enforce.

all it does is stop the debt from becoming SB'd

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lloyds would have taken you to court by now if they had any documentary proof of your debt.

Not sure why you have continued to pay even a token amount but as Moorcroft are now involved this might be a good time to cancel the payment.

When you get your love letter from Moorcroft with a request for payment, point out that lloyds had no business passing on your account as they have failed to provide a satisfactory

response to your CCA request years ago.

PS Sorry DX our posts written almost at the same time.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

sadly doesnt mean they cant process your data

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies,

dx

do you mean Lloyds CAN pass my data around willy nilly even when an account is in dispute.

Point taken about the token payment lookinforinfo,

I continued as it kept them quiet.

However, as they have now involved someone else I think it is time to stop and see what develops.

I shall now wait and see what Moorcroft have to say for themselves.

Thanks.

yes sadly they can

the ole days of waving around the section 10 stuff has moved forward.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update to the situation with Lloyds and Moorcroft.

My missus decided that she would prefer to continue with the £1 payment for now, obviously direct to Lloyds.

However, when she called into the local branch to pay it this morning she was told that the account is no longer on the system, therefore payment couldn't be made to them apparently.

Interestingly I also have a loan account which also defaulted at the same time, yet I've heard nothing about this.

Any advice.

Thanks.

No, it's just another account that Lloyds have passed to Moorcroft so that they can "administer" it in a manner most appropriate to my situation.

I have the account and reference numbers written down and usually just fill in a payment slip, according to the girl in the bank those numbers no longer showed up on the system.

I think she must be wrong, because the Account Number would surely still exist.

Thanks.

Edited by dx100uk

I copied the account and reference numbers from an old payment book before it ran out years ago and have just been using them to pay over the counter at the local branch.

It's the same account number as it always has been, but a different reference number on the Moorcroft stuff, obviously one they use when liaising with Lloyds concerning the account status.

It has definitely not been sold on.

Thanks.

Edited by dx100uk

yeah, lesscroft will have their own ref number.

i was thinking sometimes when Lloyds put an a/c into collection/default they put it into a 'router account' which may have a different number. has it been defaulted.

but, yeah try ignore mcrap as they dont own it. cld ask the branch what account numbers show up in yr name?

If the bank is claiming the account doesn't exist, then hold on to your money, OR, simply put a £1 a month into a savings account and wait for royds to come out the woodwork demanding to know why they've not been paid.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It would appear that is my only option now, however seeing as these payments are only made as a goodwill gesture due to them failing to comply with a CCA request some years ago I'm not unduly concerned.

You are correct about the collection/default account, as it was this account I was paying to their inhouse collections department.

I have absolutely NO intention of contacting let alone paying anything to Moorcroft.

I'm not going to waste anymore time chasing it now, they made the changes which has caused the problems.

If they failed to supply the CCA, then STOP paying,

There is nothing further to add or do, they know the rules, Put that money to better use.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

Here is the latest communication from Moorcroft, just wondering if everyone was getting the same ones in the same order. This is number 4.

Heading in big bold capital letters "MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER", yes, that is how they have spelled it :)

Apparently they are concerned that because they have failed to hear from me that I may not be in a position to meet their previous requests to clear the account in full, and they are prepared to accept a sensible monthly repayment plan which reflects my financial circumstances and is one that I can afford to maintain.

Firstly, they have never asked for the account to be settled in full, they have always suggested that what I used to pay would be fine. However, as advised previously, I have now worked out a monthly payment plan of £0. I think I can maintain that quite well.

Then they say that if I do not contact them within 7 days it MAY leave them no option but to recommence collection activity.

Isn't that what they are actually doing now ?

Lastly, any payments should be made payable to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd.

I don't think so, it's a Lloyds account.

Thanks.

PS. I don't know why Lowells has been added to the thread title so could a moderator remove it please as they have never had anything to do with it.

Moorcroft_4_Edited.pdf

dunno must of had brain fade removed.

if they are offering a discount

time to SAR LLoyds

get all the statements

and get reclaiming unlawful penalties and PPI

as I bet they are the reason for it

and

they'll be double to reclaim over their discount

something smells

but as moorcraft never by debts

you ignore them and deal only with their stated client.

dx

and they