Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Rakker,

I have answered on your thread in 'Welcome'

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Is this ok to send to a recent letter from BLS ? Is the wording ok etc ?

BLS Collections

PO Box 467E

Oxford

OX4 1WA

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

Acc No : xxxxxxx

xx/xx/2008

Dear Sir/Madam

In reply to your letter dated xx/xx/08 in which you imply that you may advise LloydsTSB to consider a personal visit. Please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

Furthermore, on the xx/xx/08 under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), a CCA request was sent to MHA Collections who were acting on instructions from LloydsTSB. This has to date gone unanswered and therefore by the lack of response has placed the above account into dispute until such time as a reply to that request is received.

Yours Sincerely

Any comments, anything to add ?

Cheers.

Edited by odds

no

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No, as in nothing to add and it's ok ? Or No, it's not alright and not worded correctly ? :)

Pete.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Hi Pete,

I thinks she means it`s fine as it is.

Hope your doing well?

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi N.P

Not too bad considering everything, should be back in hospital soon for more surgery quite soon :( Hopefully that will be the end of it for a few years then. I'll have to get that letter off to BLS tomrrow though, I've had it since last week but just couldn't be bothered with them to be honest. As long as I spell it out to them, I wont feel guilty about ignoring them in the future with the fantastic savings they could offer me. :)

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everyone hope you're all keeping well, just to update on this fiasco.

Right, since my letter to BLS (Post #102), I have had 2 more from them. The first one was a standard "We are acting on instructions from ...... and we want our money back now please".

Then I got a LloydsTSB Paying in book sent to me, nothing else just the book :) This was followed 2 days later by the second letter from BLS. They say that my offer of £1 per month has been accepted but will be reviewed periodically. that is what the book is for then :)

after 9 months of not responding to my request of freezing interest and my offer of £1 token payment somebody has actually made a decision !!

Now a couple of points, do I write and ask them about returning the £1k approx of interest they have added since my initial offer last year, and I presume they should also be reminded of the outstanding CCA request sent to MHA.

I am quite willing to pay the £1 but I will stress that it is ONLY as a goodwill measure whilst I await the response from MHA.

Pete.

Hi odds,

If they have not responded to your CCA, then you can legally withhold ALL payments. You are under no obligation to pay them anything now.

With them accepting your £1 payments may be their way of getting you to acknowledge the debt. Why would you want to pay off their interest on an account which has been in dispute for months?

Tell them you will only pay the £1 a month providing they remove the £1k interest, and you want this in writing.

It is entirely up to you which way you go, but just look at it from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Neil.

P.S. Do you think the mofo`s make a goodwill gesture to you? Even if they do remove the charges, they still had a nerve applying them in the first place on a disputed account.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Good evening,

Probably totally irrelevant but I have just been looking through my CC statements from the past 9 months ( I was bored ;) ) and I have just noticed that on some of them they have 'Late Charges' of £12 and others don't have them. All the payments of £1 were paid around the same date of each month, well before the due date. Any ideas why this should happen ?

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Possibly because you didn`t pay the full monthly payment. For example, if your monthly payment due is £30 and you only pay £1, your then £29 down, so they will whack a charge on.

Thats the only thing I can think of.

Regards

Neil.

Hi N.P

They are all for £1 each month it was paid :)

eg: Jan £12 charges, Feb no charge, March and April £12 charges, May and June no charges.

As I said ALL were reduced payment and always the same time of the month.

Strange eh ?

Do you think it might have something to do with the various departments they seem to pass the letters around to ?

Pete.

yep thats rite NP. they will try and blag anything out of u at mo.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Pete, Hi GodMother,

I`m not 100% sure as to why they seem to have a strange pattern Pete, but GM seems to agree with me on this.

Perhaps with the account being in dispute, they may apply charges some months but not others, to possibly try and look like they`re not bombarding you with charges on a disputed account. That`s the only thing I can think of. They WILL try anyway to get anything out of you.

My campaign of hate started when I knew on the day that my Lloyds TSB Mastercard was due out that I would be short, but paid money into the account the same day, but instead of waiting untill the end of the business day to sort things out, they bounced the Mastercard monthly payment and added a missed and also a late payment charge on the card. And also a £35 charge on the current account. From that moment, it was war........ and I`m not budging, not matter what BS they give me! :mad:

Neil

Edited by N.P
Wrong word

How`s you health these day Pete, I hope you doing well and getting stronger. You`ll probably need to with these mofo`s

I agree as i have a lloydstsb CC that i m battling with at the mo.

They want me to make payments on this card that i could not have used at the dates and some of the times. I have been put over £500 overdrawn by the local hospital as when i was in hospital having littlen someone was using my card. My purse containing the card wsa in the wards safe. One of the transactions was done whilest i was in surgery.

That sounds dodgy, are you saying someone actually went into the safe and took and used your card, or you were the victim of ID theft? I think it would be hard for someone just to take the card and use it without knowing your pin, won`t it be blocked or eaten after 3 wrong pin attempts?

I once received a invoice from Spain for £180+ for a Satellite Internet Service. It turned out there was £180+ used on my Egg Card, and when I asked them to check what the hell this way, someone somehow managed to use my card number etc in Spain. Egg cancelled the card, setup a new account and card and started a trace or something like that, as far as I know.

It was quite an inconvenience at the time, but I thought it was quite clever and cool at the same time. I didn`t lose out in anyway, just inconvenienced.

N.P

Edited by dx100uk

Adding to that......

I would have thought the idiots should look into your complaint instead of hassling you, but then again, this IS Lloyds TSB we are on about here. We shouldn`t expect anything else from these parasitic, moronic, empty headed knob jockeys. :mad:

well i wrote to them and they have not answered i have made payments on to the account but i am not paying for what i dont owe especially as my medical records can prove that i was in hospital during the time in question.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well I'm a bit stumped now as to what to do. I'll just recap in date order as simply as possible.

06/05/08 Letter from MHA dated asking for arrears on account of £xxx.xx

13/05/08 CCA request sent to MHA with letter asking why Lloyds had ignored previous correspondence etc......

21/05/08 Responce from Lloyds about my complaint ?

29/05/08 Lloyds tell me they are passing the account to their Central Debt Recovery Dept. (CDR)

Then get letters from BLS, 05/06/08, 05/06/08(yes 2 the same date), 12/06/08, 07/07/08.

15/07/08 Informed BLS due to the lack of response from MHA the account is now in dispute due to the non compliance with my CCA request.

18/07/08 BLS asking for the outstanding balance of £xxxxx.xx. This debt will not go away etc.

22/07/08 BLS accepting my £1 token payment .... excuse me but I have never made an offer of payment to BLS.

26/08/08 Letter sent to Lloyds Official Complaint, basically covering everything that has gone on for the last 10 months asking for explanations as to their actions, and where my £1 Postal Order went. No acknowledgement or reply yet.

11/09/08 Full and Final Settlement offer from BLS offering to write off nearly £8k of the total owed. But I must still keep paying my £1 in the meantime.

Now for the questions:

Do I ignore BLS ?

Do I just pay the £1 untill they decide what THEY want to do ?

Do I pay another £1 and CCA BLS ?

Do I remind BLS that I have already told them the account is in dispute and thank them for their kind offer ?

My stubborn side says stuff them, if they can't even be bothered to reply to my letters then why should I go into town to pay them the £1, my missus on the other hand says just pay them till they sort it out. You just know that you aint going to win arguing with a woman :)

Any suggestions (except divorce her) will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the silly Lloyds TSB games.

It could be they don`t have anything at all, hence the offer of a reduction of £8K.

Only you can decide, but they still haven`t responded to your CCA request yet. So why would you give in now?

I`m being approached by Debt Managers now about Lloyds. First it was MHA, then SC&M, then BLS, then SC&M and now Debt Managers.

I can play this game forever ever!

Keep all the letters you`ve been sent and if this goes further it will show how silly they have been instead of sorting out your concerns.

Right, off to bed now. Catch you later.

N.P

Hi odds.

Personally i would thank them for the leter and decline the offer as the debt is in dispute due to your CCA request being ignored and your official comlaint being ignored aswell.

• 2 months later...

Since I requested my phone number to be removed from the system I have to admit that Lloyds have been true to their word and I have never had a call from them.

However, on Monday my missus went to the bank to withdraw her wages, as she does every month, and the girl behind the desk asked her why she had a block on her phone number (obviously because of my letter).

She just told her, if you want to sell me anything write to me.

after all this time why has this been asked ?

Is it anything to do with a till girl to question this ?

Or have they just realised we are a couple (not married) and share the same address.

To be honest it doesn't bother me just wondered why after all this time they asked the question.

HI Pete,

Just tell the idiots it`s none of their business what you do with your number, it`s to stop bell ends like them ringing you. Tell the empty heads that line is for your use, not their`s and if they want to contact you they can write and you will reply ONLY if it warrants a reply. Period, full stop, in fact why am I even speaking to you, I don`t have to explain myself to you, just give me my wages, till girl, NOW! ;)

They get paid to ask you numb questions, you don`t get paid to answer them, so don`t.

I think you get the message, Pete.

Anyway, I hope your doing well, we haven`y heard from you in a while. Have you checked out this thread, started by pt2537? It`s mighty interesting - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html

You might just be able to use the info.

Cioa for now.

N.P

• Haha 1

when ever i go into the bank thy always ask if i need nything else i say yes the winning lotto numbers. they advise me if they had those they wont be working there.

Another stupid answer, somehow I don`t think you`d be interested if they won, I get the feeling you meant you want the numbers yourself :cool:

And if you did win, you wouldn`t be banking there again, would you?

Edited by dx100uk