• Tweets

• Part of the POFA rules for creating a liability to pay a parking co is identifying the land they control so is there another palce of the incorrect name? If so then photographs of the other site will prove that your vehicle cnat possibly have been there as the images they will produce wont match the background etc. If however Bromhall developments is the name of their employer would the land in question be known by the same name for the entire development?   The POC is the usual rubbish and inaccurate one they cribbed from Gladstones so can be attacked in your outline defence.   Now I have googled Broomhall developments and they are an Irish Co that has bult a similar named housing estate in IRELAND. ther is also  a Broomhall gateway development plan for SCOTLAND but nothing in England, let alone Sheffield specifically   defence has to be in a fortnight after the deadline for the AOS assuming you get that in on time.   On google noseyneighbour I can see signs near to the parking bays that say permit holders only so unless you have a permit the signage doesnt apply to youas you would be prohibited fro parking there anyway. So with this in mind were you parked in a bay or on the road? Were you visiting or connected to the property that bay was allocated to and if so can you find out if the bay is part fo the property and noted in the deeds. If it is then it has nowt to do with VCS.   So you are going to grab some pictures and then you compare these to the web site of Broomhall development in ireland and that will be part fo your evidence   Also ask council when the Close was adopted by council as it appears to be a public highway
    • Ericsbrother   If I had the opportunity at the time I would have argued the value on the Court claim, however this wouldn't have changed by a significant amount.  So asking for it to be set aside is probably not going to end this in the long run.   No we don't owe any money to the business.   We have a good set of books and records.  No account filed as of yet.   The company is still 'active' on companies house and has not been dissolved.  We only received the Notice of enforcement a few days ago.       What makes you think they can force entry into a domestic property?      
    • Sorry but I think that it is rather precipitative giving advice – and rather over-generalised advice at that – until we understand more detail about the circumstances.
    • now the terms will specify that they can cancel if weather if bad etc and you have to accept that but by doing so they have to accept that the voucher's term is extended or they must refund for their failure to perform to the contract. essentially you should have asked for a refund on a no fly day and they would have to comply and by continuing to  accept things you were blindly accepting alterations to the original conrcat and that makes things more difficult. i would write again giving them 14 days to refund as they ahve filed to perform to their contractual obligations and then sue them if they still dont cough up. However, this meaqns you must follow through with the threat of cort action so before you start you need to read up on the relevant consumer legislation and also about performance of contracts
    • They say I was on Broomhall Developments, the car was parked on Broomspring Close.  S37XA
  • Our picks

oggy1

citi- not responding at all **WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3484 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi to you all,

i am suprised at the way citi are dealing with these cases.

have added all my charges, plus interest and sent them requests for repayment.

have not heard or recieved any replies at all.

sent them final lba xmas and now going to issue court papers against them.

Oxford county court is listing all credit card cases as i have filed and won against crap1

reading the threads citi fight more than the others then?

Citi will fight tooth and nail and try every trick in the book not to pay out, but if you stick to your guns eventually they will.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hi,

nothing at all from citi, have checked to make sure they have signed for the letters.

3 lba letters sent and not even a reply. going to issue court papers soon , just wondering if to do stat 8% or ci rate ,

has anybody had any success with ci???

Citi play dirty and use every trick in the book, my personal opinion would be to go with 8% stat. Plus you can't go for contractual unless you've claimed it from the beginning.

thanks wendyb, just recieved a reply from citi , bit late , have issued court papers.

Heard that all money claim filed claims are being stayed, so hopefully you've gone the N1 route.

Get in touch with me when you receive an allocation questionnaire as i'll have a few things for you to submit at this time.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

thanks enron, just recieved the letter from the court to say it is being served, so will keep you posted.

yes i did n1 route and oxford court is not staying these cases at the moment.

Let me know how you get on.

From the point of view to Citi claims, you should be able to effectively argue against a stay.

The current court case relatves purely to current bank account overdraft charges, and not credit card charges. On the issue of CC charges there is already an OFT report in place, which the defendant has obided by in lowering its charge to £12 per default.

The issue here is whether the charge of £12 which is at the maximum level outlined by the OFT is an accurate reflection of the defendants costs. And the fact that the conflicting cost pre-estimates submitted to courts by the defendant need further exploration by means of a full breakdown of the figures used as a basis to calculate the pre-estimates. (for which the draft orders serve this quite well).

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Citi are the hardest to claim from - could you please let Enron or myself know as soon as you recieve a defence from Eversheds?

What address did you send letters and claim to?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

sorry gizmo and enron have overlooked this lately while waiting for a response to court papers.

they have until friday the 25th jan to acknowledge the claim.

the address i sent the requests to was citi cards, po box 54, Salford, Manchester. M5 3BP

The PO Box goes directly to their Salford Offices, as i've got headed note paper from Mr.Brian Smith with both addresses on.

Request judgement on the 26th Jan if you hear nothing from them.

will ring court on friday to see if they have responded , if not i will request judgment.

The court will probably make you wait till Monday, just so they can get their records up together.

Good Luck, keep us informed.:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

hi rang court today and citi have not responded at all, the clerk said i could give it a few days if i wanted to.

deadlines are strict for us so should i wait?

Hi Oggy1,

It appears I'm in a similar position to you.

I was awarded judgement by default but then the court pointed out that because I'd given them the PO Box address it may not be enforceable. Has this happened to you?

I'm also trying to fight off them setting aside the case.

Have you got any updates on your case?

PatsyTheCat x

We've all used the PO Box no.

They can't set aside the case, just judgement, and they will then produce their defence. The chances of the setaside being refused are very slim.

hi, citi have filed a notice to defend the case, they were late but the judge has allowed it.

i bet the same rules would not apply to us!!!

have just recieved a letter and payment from citi.

the payment is only a small part of the claim and they say they are not paying interest eeven though court papers have been issued and the amount they have paid is the balance between £25.00 chages and the £12.00 they are now allowed.

i am sending the cheque back and informing them that the whole amount is due plus interest and costs.

any comments would be welcome.

I like it,

I had a case against pixmani where they owed me for the item I returned under their guarantee + court costs + interest and other costs.

they initially (in the final days) sent me just the cost of the item, and said that's all they would send and its the F&F offer and would I instruct the courts to stop the action, I wrote back saying to send the remainder that I am claiming for otherwise I would continue with the action, of course within a couple days I had received complete and full payment :)..

They wouldn't pay anything unless they know they have to .. so go for it :)..., they wont risk a CCJ for a few quid, they are just trying to score some points back I think.

thanks kev , i hope so because the case has started they will have to refund costs etc, i wonder what they will think when the cheque gets returned.

congrats on getting your claim sorted.

Just send it back, its a standard Citi tactic.

Likewise they'll also include text from a judgement in their favour when you get the bundle from them. Another scare tactic which doesn't amount to anything, as previous claims don't set a legal precident.

Its likely that they'll go all the way to the hearing, and risk incurring the CCJ.... but let me know when you get to AQ stage as i'll have alot of stuff for you then.

rang the court today as i had not heard anything and citi did not file any defence at all and the court manager advised me to flie for judgement asap.

Good. Go for it, but don't be surprised if Citi, on receipt of the judgment notification, apply for a setaside. They frequently do this and sometimes get away with it.

Let's hope you're fortunate and they cough up.:)

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Exactly what I thought.

Citi have a habit of losing mail at what could be considerred a conveinent time.

thanks for that info,

have used your info in the request for judgement enron, now i just have to wait.