Caro's Happy Thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is intended to be the anti-dote to Crusher's Bah Humbug thread. Only positive, good things allowed, so even if you're having a tough time at the moment, you can concentrate on the good things in life and see that there are still things to be grateful for.

My Christmas was far from perfect, and although I moan about my family, we were together in a warm house, with good food on the (borrowed) table, unlike many of the summers flood victims living in a caravan on the drive.

It's the January sales, and we can try and save some money by buying things for our own house which will be like new before too long, because we were well covered by insurance. There's no way we'd never have afforded such nice things if we hadn't gone through a tough time first.:D

By the way, I'm still going to need Crusher's Bah Humbug thread too.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChloeJane

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.

CJ x

The anti-depressants have kicked in Bookie, and the tiny sherry I had was Harveys Bristol Cream from my mum, which was yesterday.:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well, mine ended up going off perfectly...:)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Your what went off just perfectly Robert.:p

My Xmas. Xmas is always fraught with uncertainty at my house. This year it went off perfectly. :)

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I thought it might have been that. Quite an achievement with your brood Robert, but Christmas is definitely magical when you have little ones in the house.

:) Mine was very nice too

Just me and the OH doing what we wanted, when we wanted and generally chilling out. Our son has left home now so its just the two of us, and the inlaws have gone abroad for Christmas, so its been peaceful cuddles on the sofa for the past few days ;)

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

I must admit, at a few of our recent Xmases we've gone out to a restaurant for lunch which was a very civilised way to do it, especially if there are a lot of people involved.

Sounds like bliss, just pleasing yourselves and no-one else to worry about.

Sounds like bliss, just pleasing yourselves and no-one else to worry about.
It's great. Usually there's a set menu with about three choices of courses, so everyone can choose what they like, and in our experience by the time you add up everything you might spend for Xmas lunch at home the cost works out about the same. We also found that it gave the day two or three natural breaks where if people wished they could leave without feeling like they were being impolite.

Oi, that's not allowed. I was getting fed up of the doom and gloom on your thread. There's a place for a moan, and a place for good news, so behave! Just cos you had to get up early don't come moaning here. Tell us about the great savings you made, or something nice.:D

All *I* can say is: PLAGIARIST!!!

Blimey - no good news since 20th July! Things are looking up now.:p

Tell us about the great savings you made, or something nice.:D

nice?

what things do daleks talk about that are nice?

we are evil.

as it happens we did manage to get a pile of clothes for the kids at knock down prices, and I got a new watch.

all I need now is an arm to put it on.

There you are see, it's not all bad, and you can put your watch on your sink plunger.:p

You KNOW what I mean.:rolleyes:

Well we had a great Xmas. :D

Even if I did have to work in the morning :(

Just the people we wanted over, all three kids home for a change (some kids) Nice presies, and one of Mrs Lex's loverly Xmas dinners.

Purrfeck !!! :D

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.