CCA Timeframes over Xmas / New Year ?

R B 1968

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks to all the great info. / help I've found on here my Christmas has been a lot more 'peaceful' this year, than for a long time. Thankyou !

Currently have 4 x CCA requests submitted:

1) Signed for on Thu 13th Dec.,

2), 3), 4) All signed for on Mon 24th Dec.,

I'd be very grateful of confirmation on the dates that the 12 + 2 working days are up as this seems a bit more tricky than just removing weekends and Bank Holiday over a period when a lot of companies seem to totally shut down for 1 / 2 / 3 weeks ?

Thanks everyone.

R

PS What are the realistic chances of getting defaults removed from my credit file IF these companies don't comply with my CCA requests ?

PPS MBNA taken out in 1998, All & Leic 1999 (since changed to MBNA), Barclaycard in 2000 and RBS in 2001 (since changed to Citibank and then Hillesden) - from your experiences what are the chances of them realistically finding CCA's ? hich of these providers are good and which bad with the paperwork ?

Hi

What l think you need to do is find out how long these companys are closed for if you can.

Try looking for a website as that may be able to help u.

If you cant do this then l would assume that the company is closed for at least 2 days as in christmas day and boxing day as a lo of companys are only closed for those to days.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The law is quite specific in that the CCA time limits are 12 working days for compliance. Saturdays and Sundays are not counted as working days (although in my opinion Saturdays should be) and bank/public holidays are also exempt so that rules out Christmas day/Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

When the debt collectors shut down for Christmas/New Year is a matter for them so your timetable should only be adjusted to take into account these three days.

The 30-day calendar month kicks in on working day 12. You are still advised to allow two days for Royal Mail but that falls inside the calendar month.

Once they default on that limit report them to everyone.

If they have filed information with the credit agencies that is detrimental to you get the report in writing, then write to them insisting they remove that information. Ask for their complaints procedure at the same time - you'll have plenty to complain about by then.

If they refuse report them to the Information Commissioner insisting that his office makes the debt collector remove what has been filed as "inaccurate". Then follow up your complaint to the debt collector and if they fail to resolve it take it a step higher to the Financial Services Ombudsman.

Thanks to you both.

So the one signed for on Thu. 13th Dec - I can add Fri. 14th Dec, Mon. 17th, Tue. 18th, Wed. 19th, Thu. 20th, Fri. 21st, Mon. 24th, Thu. 27th, Fri. 28th, Mon. 31st, Wed 2nd Jan, Thu 3rd = 12 WORKING DAYS ?

And the three signed for on Mon. 24th Dec - I can add Thu. 27th Dec, Fri. 28th, Mon 31st, Wed. 2nd Jan, Thu. 3rd, Fri 4th, Mon. 7th, Tue. 8th, Wed. 9th, Thu. 10th, Fri. 11th, Mon. 14th = 12 WORKING DAYS ?

Do I then write again OR wait for the next timescale to pass (is this 1 calendar month from the original CCA reaching them OR from the 12 day - i.e. 12 + 31 ?

Thanks,

R

PS Do I "throw everything at them" OR do I simply remind them NO CCA = No enforceable agreement and hence I don't intend to acknowledge the alleged debt AND I'm prepared to take the matter no further IF they write the debt off AND amend my credit rating / record to remove all records ?

I guess, in reality, it isn't quite that straighforward - is it ?

Thanks,

R

Rite well to start it is 30 days not 31.

All DCAs and OCs are awarre of the law so they dont need a reminder letter that they have not complied with the 12 Working days. All you then need to do is sit and wait for the 30 days to end then if they do send you a chasing letter during the 30 days you can advise them to go away with a lovely letter advising them that they have not complied with the CCA request and what there legal requirement are.

If and when you do get a response to the CCA request then l would advise you to post up here on a new thread so that the more clued up caggers can see what htey have sent you.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.