MBNA (silver card)

tifo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a claim against MBNA for their Silver credit card i used to have.

Initially they stated the refund will be sent to the debt agency who it was sold to, but then they started sending me cheques.

My claim is for around £700 which consists of £224 charges and the rest interest at the contractual rate, which they agree they will pay but only up to the date the account was closed. I have refused this as they are making the refund now and so interest should also be paid up to the current date of settlement. I know from other claims and the through the FOS that this seems to be acceptable by the FOS, not that i know why.

I have it in writing that MBNA agreed in September that the charges are £199.

They've paid me £240 so far. Now they say this is £126 charges and the rest interest at the contractual rate up to the date of account closure.

I've asked them to check again the amount of charges they are stating and they say they are correct at £126.

I can prove from their own statements that the charges are £224 plus they've sent me a printout of transactions which also confirm this.

So what are they playing at now?

How far along the 'claim route' did you get - prelim, LBA, court case?

Just go to the next step. If you have already filed in court, just write and tell MBNA that you accept what they have paid as an interim settlement andthat you are carrying on the claim for the rest.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

How far along the 'claim route' did you get - prelim, LBA, court case?

No court claim yet. Just letters back and forth and they offered a bit more every time.

As the charges were £224 and they've paid £238, it means all charges have been paid.

It's just that their figure of £126 charges and £98 interest is not right as the interest is only up to the date the account was closed.

If i took the claim to court would it not be for interest only?

The total claim with interest at the contractual rate which they agree they will pay comes to around £650.

If i took the claim to court would it not be for interest only?
Yes, except that it almost certainly would never get to court. We were in exactly the same position with our GE claim and that is what happened. In the end, they paid up. It depends on how you enjoy playing 'chicken'

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA (silver card)