Direct Legal Collections / Hillesden/Aplins

Nottsdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from Aplins solicitors telling me to contact Direct Legal Collections / Hillesden Securities to make arrangements to pay in full or reach agreement with them within 7 days.

I have had various letters from DLC in the past but have ignored them.

In the event of me not doing this a Judgement may be obtained and the extra cost etc will be passed on to me.

The debt is with Egg and about 5/6 years old for 13k Im not sure what to do ?

Help pls

D

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

have you ever contacted dlc

if you have statements try to find out when the last activity was on these accounts

looks like they are trying to confirm your id

for the moment the only advice i can give is never talk to these people

and ignore

i would say check your credit file but that is a sure way of dlc confirming where you live etc

other people more qualified will be along shortly but try to find out how old this debt is, after 6 years it becomes statute barred.

the point in there letter is judgement MAY be obtained

Cant comment with too much expertise on this one, but if your egg agreement is anything like mine (and most others) theyd be setting themselves up for a losing battle in the courts

Have you CCA'd it?

If not, do this and a SAR for good measure

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Thanks for you advice, I have never contacted DLC, and I think the last activity was about 4/5 years ago.

I reckon I will sit tight and then CCA them if they come up with anything else.

Notts

If they issue a CCJ claim against you, don't ignore it, or they will get judgement by default and you will be legally required to repay.

About a year ago I also had dealings with Aplins, DLC and Hillesden.

I sent Egg a SAR, and Hillesden a CCA request. Meanwhile they continued with their CCJ and Charging Order attempt.

Fortunately, folowing advice from this forum I defended the claim, and at the moment it's a bit of a stalemate.

They have never provided me with a copy of the CCA.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security by Aplins letters if they mention Charging Orders - they are very cleverly worded (as becomes a solicitor).

Thanks Worm,

The letter mentioned a Judgement no mention of Charging Order, what does a CCJ claim look like ? I need to know in case I get one threw the post box.

Thanks

Notts

Notts

The letter from Alpins says I must contact DLC not them within 7 days to reach agreement or legal proceedings may be commenced without further notice.

Notts

Notts

what does a CCJ claim look like ? I need to know in case I get one threw the post box.

It will be an N1 form. Imfo on them here The requested resource (/HMCSCourtFinder/tiles/Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance) is not available

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The letter from Alpins says I must contact DLC not them within 7 days to reach agreement or legal proceedings may be commenced without further notice.

The crucial word is MAY. This is a standard letter from DCA's. I would contact DLC be way of sending them a CCA request. Don't sign the letter and send it recorded with a one pound postal order. It is better to do this before they potentially start any legal proceedings.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.