£580 to claim back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody

It probably not much but a huge amount to me right now. I have been with HSBC for 7 years but two years ago changed the branch and the account but kept all satements for the past two years. I sent the letter to the Data Controller today

If anybody needs the address please help yourself:

Data Controller

HSBC Bank PLC

8 Canada Square

London

E145HQ

I am going to post the preliminary letter to my branch tomorrow by recorded post, so wish me luck. It actually feels a bit uncomfortable to fight the bank, hope will cope with this as well.

Prelim to HSBC sent on 30th June for £580.

Reply with offer to refund £520.00 on 19th July

so your sending of a dpa request for your statements for the previous years , is that correct?, if so you cant send your preliminary at this stage as you dont know your total charges yet surely

dont forget you can claim back up to 6 years , even if you have closed an account, any information held on you is required to be kept for this length of time,

hope this makes you happy as you should get a lot more money

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Hi there

Thank you for reply

I sent Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998. to stop them black mailing my with credit agensis. I had my statements and already calculated and am going to claim £580.

I would never try to claim anything back because I always pay all my bills and you can see that amount is silly but they bounced my mortgage last month and just cancelled it this time, and charged me £60.00. It is not the money for me, it is war of principles. Fare enough I did not have enough on my acount but I was putting cash on that day later on. So them HSBC call-boy called me I told him that I will have it in today.

I had four DD going out that day but they bounced just one and cancelled my morgage. That was it!!! The finale is: I have a cash mashine receipt proving that money was in on the day. I ll be excited to present it in court and to hear their explanation on why they bounced just one DD.

After all of this I just got ennoyed and was looking for the way how to get my money back. I saw the programm on TV but was in GYM so had nothing to make a note with but then a friend called me and said that her mom got it written down. So here I am.

THank you everybody, your notes are great and a huge help to other people especially foreigners like me. Sorry to load my case on you, guess need a sympathetic ear.

At last sent my Premilinary letter today by recorded post. I do not know what I feel scarred or exited, guess will find out very soon.

dont be scared , be excited you are about to get some money back that was taken from you, isnt that great? :D

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

it is great, it just doesn't feel right to fight the system but I guess I am not on my own.

Thank you

Hi everybody

Just a little update.

I send my prelim letters on 30/06/2006 by recorded delivery 1 class. Tried to follow it on the net – the information on my items is not available. Post office, by the way, charges £2.00 for enquiries over the phone, but even though could not get through. :-? I think I will stick to time scale anyway. Despite on their actions will sent LBA on 20 of July. :cool:

Tried to follow it on the net – the information on my items is not available.

i sent a letter to capital one with a SAR and ont the web and when i call they tell me it hasn't been delivered yet i recived a response today:?

Hi there sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your info. I checked it today on line, again, no changes. As I said I will wait for the 14 days dead line ans send my LBA. This money I am trying to claim are not huge but I am in a very difficult situation right now and it looks like all my creditors are getting ready for the massive attack on me. So any support appreciated, thnks again.

A little update…

On 20th of July will be 14 days since I have sent my prelim. I got nothing back.

To be honest I was a bit sceptical about all of this but now I am getting more positive that it is actually all true. Sorry… I am very difficult to convince sometime. I sent the letter because right now have nothing to loose.

So, nothing at all. I am getting my LBA ready to send by Recorded Delivery on 20th. Now definitely excited.

My prelim dead line would be tomorrow and guess what........I got the reply today. It came from

Mr Colin Langdale

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

If somebody needs it fr refference, here it is:

Dear Ms .........

Ref:...........

Thank you for your letter dated 29 June 2006 requesting a refund of your bank charges of £580.00 going back to January 2004.

In circumstances where you have authorised a payment that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn or over an agreed overdraft limit, we have to consider whether to make this payment. A fee is payable for this service provided by the bank, details of which are clearly set out in our published price list. The circumstances in which the fee will apply are clearly set out in our Personal Banking terms and cons which you were provided with a copy of when you opened your account. If your claim for a refund proceeded to Court, we therefore believe we would successfully resist any legal challenge in relation to these fees.

HSBC is, however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may incur in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any admission of liability whatsoever, HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of £520.00 representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter.

Now I have to reply to him within 7 days and sign the section in the letter saying the full and final settlement.

All right big boys, I would like a little help.

I am going to write my own letter and accept what was offered but demand what is remaining. Any suggestions on the form of the letter, please?!

Thanks a lot

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody I am back.

I got my money last time and now I guess will have a second round. My financial situation is pretty bad. I have 5 full credit cards and two loans I can not repay right now. It all is taken care off with a ligal advice, but meanwhile darling HSBC charges me £25 and £50 each time I go over my overdraft. I believe that for the past 6 months I paid them more than for the past 6 years. I am going to wait for my next statement just to get the precise date of the next charge and then will start the ball rolling. I got through the whole thing very quick and easy last time claiming my money back, so I guess they are not going to be that kind this time. To be frank I do not care any more because I have another account somewhere else, all my DD transfered and I will take it all the way this time. Wish me luck.