A new DCA tactic.

rory32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This week alone I have had 3 threads where a DCA has raised a claim in court against people where the amount is due to a credit card or a loan and the POC state that it is an overdraft. This would appear to be a new tactic by DCA's, I would suspect to try and get round the fact that they don't have a copy of the credit agreement as the POC are very careful not to mention the Consumer Credit Act.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well with 2 of them it is CL Finance - who have been bitten several times by not having a copy of the agreement when in court. It could possibly be incompetence but I would doubt it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Easily defended though, from our point of view. How many times could they do it before it was just too obvious???

Couldn't they be done for perjury or worse if a savvy defendant gave them the enough rope to hang themselves at a hearing?

And it might even be construed as perjury or fraud
Couldn't they be done for perjury or worse if a savvy defendant gave them the enough rope to hang themselves at a hearing?

That's what I said Steven.. :D (I know, it's late!)

I think this is an easy one for us to deal with. Though a nasty trick nonetheless, a keen eye needing to be kept open for this little trick!