• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds stuff

monkeymagic717
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Writing on behalf of one person. She got into abit of trouble earlier in the year which she managed to get out of bank charges wise. Moving into a new job and some complications and she's in the same position again.

Bank have charged her for this month and it will be £400 over the next two months they are charging her.

She had a call today from a company who are willing to regain her bank charges for her at a cost of £40 (admin fees). Is she better off doing it alone or letting them deal with the hassle?

She has loans which total around the £30k mark. She has a low credit rating. She wants another loan as she is now in a decent paid job and would finally be turning the corner.

Her loan repayments per month are £550 per month, £215 on car repayment and her monthly wage is just under £1500 per month (after tax). Whats her best options?

She has one small loan and a loan for 8,500 which is outstanding at the moment, she would like to pay off those two loans and have little leftover for other things

Well, MM, I don’t think it would be a good idea to recommend even more borrowing. That could mean increasing her indebtedness to an even more unsustainable level.

She has a poor credit rating, so any offer of a consolidating loan would be at a penal interest rate. That interest rate would probably be greater than the rate on the old loan. Any short term benefit derived from a bit of useful cash will be paid for, in the long term, many times over.

She would be better to concentrate on reclaiming her unlawful charges. There is no need to pay anyone to do this work. I would be suspicious of an apparent £40 admin fee, as it’s more likely that the company would take a percentage of any refund as well. All the information and assistance relating to bank charge reclaims can be found in these forums and it’s free! If she follows the recommended method there should be no hassle.

In the meantime, she should make a great effort to stop the rot by covering the bank’s charges and then, if she can, stay in credit.

Els

Thanks for the response.... good read that. However short term, she won't be able to get out of her current situation due to the bank charges putting her into her overdraft and with bills to pay how is she going to cover everything? Loan would sort her out and with her marriage next summer it would ease her burdens greatly i hope!

Sure, it's a tough call. This is a classic case of a bank working sympathetically with it's customer to ameliorate the situation - NOT!

How about opening a basic bank account elsewhere, have some, or all, of her salary paid into that and transfer any DDs, SOs, etc?

Els

Sure, it's a tough call. This is a classic case of a bank working sympathetically with it's customer to ameliorate the situation - NOT!

How about opening a basic bank account elsewhere, have some, or all, of her salary paid into that and transfer any DDs, SOs, etc?

Els

As she's started her new job... she wont be paid for a while though and her need for money i think is pretty urgent

Go on, tell me she's maxed out her credit cards as well.

It's very difficult to know what else to suggest.

Has she tried talking to the bank (in her branch, with a manager, not with an erk over the phone)? She might just get them to suspend charges on the strength of a new, better salary to come. That, of course, may lead to an offer of a loan!:rolleyes:

Maybe her family can help?

Els

You say she has a loan of £8,500, a smaller loan and no credit cards, so what is the rest of the £30k she owes? It's hard to help without the full story, but I'd agree with Elsinore's advice. Of course if her family can't help then they can't but I see no harm in trying that route if it's an option.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You say she has a loan of £8,500, a smaller loan and no credit cards, so what is the rest of the £30k she owes? It's hard to help without the full story, but I'd agree with Elsinore's advice. Of course if her family can't help then they can't but I see no harm in trying that route if it's an option.

Sorry.

As far as I understand it, she has one loan that has nearly all been paid off around £1300 outstanding. One loan for £8,500 and one loan through her bank of around £20k. Ideally she would like to consolidate the first two loans and pay them off and have just one other loan of around 16k as well as the 20k one. She has a visa debit car with one bank. No store cards, etc etc. She doesn't pay rent now as she's at home. Pays £200 per mth for her car and thats it. Doesn't go out cuz of a personal situation, buy clothes and is due to marry in the summer. She is a sound person but through a couple of unfortunate circumstances, a friend let her down and her job fell through, she has fallen into her o/d twice this year.

She left one job through hassle there and worked as a temp. One company she temped for didn't like the fact she was having time off to go for interviews and gave her an ultimatum. With her need to get full time work she had to leave the temp job and the permanent position she thought she was going to have, fell through the weekend before she was due to start.

Now she has managed to get this job and is trying to get herself back on an even keel. I mean after 9/10 years of a "perfect record" to get screwed just a few months trouble is pretty sad but she doesn't know what to do.

If she's paying 200 quid per month for a car she should sell it! And if a car is absolutely essential, she could buy a cheap runaround.......

That's what I would do.

She gave a good amount for a deposit and didn't know her situation would turn out like that though.... as I said before she had never had a problem and never had contact with her bank unlike this last 6 months

The problem is this is how it starts. You can be fine for years, and then encounter one difficult time and things start to spiral out of control. If she can stop that happening now then she has more chance of getting back on top, but generally it's best not to add debt to more debt. Only she can decide what is best for her.

If she's paid a good deposit on the car, she should get a decent amount back for it, and might be able to save herself £200 a month by having something she can pay cash for, even if it isn't so nice. She can always get something better later when things are more stable.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The chances are that any loan she can get will be at a very high rate of interest. Chances are that with debts of that amount she won't get one, especially as she's only just starting a new job. Might be worth checking her credit history is accurate with the credit reference agencies.

According to this she pays £550 a mth on 1 loan which just ain't true! How can she change that figure? She has a small loan under £1400 with Black Horse Finance who she is also paying a car loan through. Could she go back to them to increase her loan she has or is there no chance of that?

See if this helps at all: Credit reference agencies : FSA Money made clear – products explained

It includes links to all 3 credit reference agencies. You may find other things on other reports.

I'm not really clear why she is so desperate to borrow more money. She may have more success with an existing lender, but I think there's a good chance it will be more expensive in the long run, either by way of a higher interest rate, longer loan period, or both. Applying for lots of loans also looks worrying for lenders, so she needs to be careful not to apply for too many.

The credit report is damaging her quite badly she's not even able to get loans through places such as citifinancial. She only looking for loan to cover her payments for the month just gone and next months until she's back on track. So a loan no greater than £7,500 but no luck so far and she is deeply worried about making the payments for this month.

I think that this is more of a debt problem than a Lloyds problem. Personally I think she would do much better to contact her creditors, explain the situation, and offer a token payment. £7,500 is quite a substantial loan to cover a couple of months. The bank MAY even be willing to increase her overdraft limit for a couple of months until back on track.

If there is any chance at all that this is a longer term problem, she'd probably do better to get proper debt advice. Would you like this thread moving to the Debt Forum?

I have her made application for her claiming back bank charges which I will need help with once I have recieved reply from Lloyds, so if I can keep all posts on here, it'd be easier for me to see!

She has heard from "tenant loans" today who have accepted her and have lenders "willing" to lend her the finance. Has anyone heard of them? They want a fee of £49.95 before putting her in touch with lending company, what should she do?

She has heard from "tenant loans" today who have accepted her and have lenders "willing" to lend her the finance. Has anyone heard of them? They want a fee of £49.95 before putting her in touch with lending company, what should she do?

She should avoid them like the plague, they will take her money and she will get loads of phone calls from different lenders who will most likely either not offer her a loan, or offer her one at huge interest and set up fees.

As has said before on the thread if she is just struggling with one months payment then she must write to the lenders and explain the situation. You say she is getting married in the summer, can her partner help out? It would be wise for them to get their joint finances sorted now before the wedding, as once they are sharing household bills, this sort of problem could cause lots of problems.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I thought it was dodgy when she told me and contacted a finance advice company who said much the same as yourself Gizmo, as in it's not something they would recommend. They gave her the spiel as that they couldn't offer loan and then not honour that as all calls are recorded and they wouldn't want to get sued etc.

Any other suggestions in regards to where she can get a loan from as she is adamant she requires a loan and it would be ideal if it would incorporate some of her existing loans.

Thanks