Welcome finance go too far

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

I have pasted the links to the 2 pages of the CCA in post earlier on today. I have just got home and have received a hand delivered letter stating that the account is now in arrears and the Welcome are taking legal action against me. I have spoken to the collections manager today and they have said that they are starting to charge me interest on the outstanding amount and also charges for phone calls/home visits and that if I do not make a payment by the end of this week, that both accounts shall be passed to a DCA. I have told them that I am waiting on a response to my initial complaint regarding the PPI and they have said that whilst the complaint is being investigated (albeit that they have refused to do anything about it) that I am still required to make payments.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dear O Dear

Welcome Are In Big Financial Do Do

This Is Happening A Lot Lately.

Reps Comming To Peoples House.

Trying To Scare And Get Every Last Penny.

First Thing Is Relax

This Is Pure Scare Tactic

There Are Rules Set In Stone Now On Charges

They Cant Do That With Out First Informing You Of A Letter Then Charging You 28 Days Later.

Just Like A Bank.

Now I Believe And If Some One Will Confirm

If Your Letter Of Complaint Has Not Been Sorted With In, Ime Not Sure If 40 Or 60 Days, And No Response From The Creditor,

You Can Put The Account Into Official Dispute.

Need Confirmation On That Though.

Welcome As Usual Are Full Of Hot Air And The Poor Rep Is Looking After His Job, Mind You, Not For Much Longer

Hi

The same happened to me, I was told that I could only have the car on HP if I had the extra PPI and Mechanical Breakdown cover!!

I have missed 1 payment due to unemployment, and the BULLY boys have been round twice...

When I telephoned Welcome he told me 2 borrow from Friends or Family...which I cannot do..

I have the PPI so it will be interesting to see what happens next..

I have paid over a 1/3 for the car so they cant take it away apparently without a court order, but I am sure they will!!! but I will not release any keys, or answer the door to them BULLIES...........

Sorry not been here for a while!!! I have found these solicitors who charge a no win no fee on mis sold PPI and they also claim back ALL charges & fees direct from Welcome... will post link tomorrow.

I have also completed and sent all the forms off for the County Court to claim compensation for their Breach of data protection.. will keep everyone posted.... The last i heard from Welcome was mid march... they plucked up the courage to ring me the other day.. of course they got some abuse as they tried to tell me they had closed the dispute even though i last sent them a letter 31st March with NO REPLY FROM THEM... They are all time wasters.. quick enough to scare you and threaten you when they know you need the car... i have been asking them since Jan 09 to take that stupid car off my driveway.. i havent paid for it since December 2008... IT IS STILL HERE?????? JOKERS!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to taking this company to Court... No matter what they offer me... I have to do it... Wont let them get away with what they have been doing to people.... More comming tomorrow

Well done Princess! I received a letter from Compliance yesterday advising me that they cannot place my account on hold 'as it will eventually incur arrears and that adverse information may be recorded on my credit file'. Now is it me or does that make no sense at all? Of course it won't incur arrears if it's on hold! These guys are in the head office of a company!!!!

They are well aware that my complaint is in a queue with the FOS, so I've contacted them to let them know I consider this a threat and that I intend on contacting the FOS about this also. Emailed them today :)

Hi Sol.. just posted some stuff below..... Sorry not been here for a while... I have started County Court proceedings & will post a link 2mo of a solicitor who deals with mis sold PPI no win no fee and charges Welcome their fees direct... Will be back tomo...

I will post tomo this solicitors link... costs you nothing and will take the stress out....

The welcome guy who rang me the other day... he had no idea what hit him lol.... because with County Court, you dont involve solicitors.. you just fill out paperwork, send it to the courts and then they issue welcome with the hearing date.. this guy tried telling me that i was lying cos they had received no letters from a solicitor... i called him an idiot... and that i wanted to talk to someone who was experienced not a trainee lol i really upset him.. i asked him again why my car is still on the driveway, he said i never asked them to take it.. WHAT?????? IDIOTS ALL OF THEM!!!!!! He eventually put the phone down on me... i think i really upset the little baby!! I'm really looking forward to this... i will post this solicitors details tomo....take care

Hi All,

Ok so this morning I received a Notice of Sums in Arrears letter from Welcome. I have also received continous phone calls from the local branch office demanding payment, failure to do so resulting in the account being passed to a DCA. I have responsded that I am still awaiting a response to my complaint re: PPI which is not 6 & 1/2 weeks past the 8 week deadline (14 & 1/2 weeks in total). I would appreciate if someone could advise me as to what to do next. Also, has anyone had a chance to have a look at my CCA, I have worked it out and the total cost of credit show that interest has been charged on the Acceptance fee. I have broken it down and attached it as a speadsheet if anyone can help me out. I thought that as it was a fee, and not a 'goods' that an acceptance fee could not attract interest, rendering the agreement unenforcable? This in-depth knowledge is of course all gained thro Google :)

WCF Breakdown.xls

Hi all.. I cant find the letter from the PPI guys... but this lady phoned and emailed me... sounds really nice and also does no win no fee and will charge all fees to Welcome.. Take care and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE (i know it says morgages but she also claims mis sold ppi)

KAREY IRVING MORTGAGES LTD

44 The Croft

Sherburn Hill

Durham

DH6 1QL

0776 5607670

0191 3722667 fax/phone

[email protected]

Edited by princess T
forgot to add

I am still going round and round in circles and getting no-where!!:mad:

this lady deals with mis sold PPI no win no fee and collects fee & charges from welcome.. not you

good luck

44 The Croft

Sherburn Hill

Durham

DH6 1QL

0776 5607670

0191 3722667 fax/phone

[email protected]

Hi Princess T

Thanks for the info. To update. A few minutes ago, the collections agent came round from Welcome to collect paypment on the second account that I have with them, although I tried to make a payment on this at the beginning of this week, I was told that as the two accounts were linked, I would need to make a payment on both, else both would go to the DCA. I've just had a letter stuck through the door stating that the second account is in arrears and I am being charged for letters being/sent people around - even though I tried to pay and they wouldnt accept it ;(

Is there anyway to stop them calling or visiting me constantly until I have had my complaint resolved?

I've also emailed Karey and will await a reponse.

Thanks again

Edited by vanderveckan

Hi Princess T

Thanks for the info. To update. A few minutes ago, the collections agent came round from Welcome to collect paypment on the second account that I have with them, although I tried to make a payment on this at the beginning of this week, I was told that as the two accounts were linked, I would need to make a payment on both, else both would go to the DCA. I've just had a letter stuck through the door stating that the second account is in arrears and I am being charged for letters being/sent people around - even though I tried to pay and they wouldnt accept it ;(

Is there anyway to stop them calling or visiting me constantly until I have had my complaint resolved?

I've also emailed Karey and will await a reponse.

Thanks again

Hi... i cant beleive what i'm reading.... they havent been to my house since i complained.. months ago.. i havent paid them for months either.. but i suppose its because i want them to take the car.. because i dont want it they cant threaten me with anything.

Talk to that lady who i have posted details on here... she may be able to offer some advice... have you been to the CAB yet?

They can come round all they want... they cant do anything without a warrent which they would have to obtain from a Court.... Just tell them they are tresspassing and if they dont leave the property you will call the police.... Have you written to the head office that letter that says they are not allowed on your property? what was their reply?... if no reply ring them, get the persons name you speak to and tell them verbally not to come on your property any more..

Im sure they cant do anything without a warrent.... Go to your CAB.. best bet

Hiya princessT

Thats the letter that I am after stating that I do not want them visiting me or calling me, and that I would like all correspondence in writing. Im just searching through the forums trying to find a letter to that effect now.

Cheers

Ok

Got in touck with Karey, going to fill in the claim pack and see what happens. But I do need someone with knowledge to give me a definitive answer on if whilst I am awaiting a reply to my complaint I can hold the account in disoute and make no further payments. Karey has said that if I do so, even though Welcome have failed in their duties, I am in breach of contract and can be passed onto a DCA for non-payment. If I can withhold further payments until the matter is resolved, can someone please tell me how to do it as I'm going to have to do something by end of tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.

Going to drop a email and see what happens...

Definately need help on this PPI business

Thanks for help Princess

this lady deals with mis sold PPI no win no fee and collects fee & charges from welcome.. not you

good luck

44 The Croft

Sherburn Hill

Durham

DH6 1QL

0776 5607670

0191 3722667 fax/phone

[email protected]

hi postggj

When originally I took the loan out I was a contractor and Welcome were aware of this. When I lost my job and tried to claim the PPI they said that I could not as I was a contractor. I then sent a letter to them requesting that they repay the PPI premiums and also to stop the PPI, and was expecting a response on the 30th March. Since then I have heard nothing and they keep chasing me me for payment, even though I have said that they have not responded to me.

Ta

vander

wait for confirmation but i believe you are justified in putting the account into official dispute.

have you any replies to your complaint in writing or the original complaint sent by recorded delievery

hiya

I had an inital response saying that on the 7th Feb to say that they had received my letter and also hold the receipt for the recorded delivery letter that I sent to them. It's just occurred to me that I also requested a copy of my CCA at that time as well and have had no response to that.

If I put the account into an official dispute for these reasons, then am I required to continue to make payments whilst it is ongoing? I had read that if they are unable to provide me with a true copy of a signed agreement then they are unable to enforce the agreement. If thats the case I have worked out how much I owe them plus interest and will make a final offer for clearing the debt. But I'm not willing to continue to make payments whilst they threaten me or ignore me.

I've also filled out the forms to make a complaint to the FoS and will be sending that next week.

Thanks again for replying.