Welcome finance go too far

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

check out Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

my letter has been sent http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/taking_a_case_to_court.pdf

they have 14 days to settle my compensation claim or i will take it to Court, they have broken the law and they will pay.. there quick enough to chase us for money ay??

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.... "aint no stoppin me now"

check this web site out... C'mon everyone... lets show them that we mean business!!!! We wont get pushed around by them... NO WAY!!!!!

Shoppr

Hi..great to read your comments

Could you put me in the right direction to start a PPI claim? I have started a new thread..but no replies..

I have also done the letter SAR so will see what happens..I am not going to deal with my Local office, direct to the Head Office all my Complaints

Hi, firstly send a letter to "the manager"

CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTRE

WELCOME FINANCE

BISHOPS HOUSE

ABBEYFIELD ROAD

LENTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG7 2SZ

I originally got a template letter from PPI Reclaiming Guide: Get £1,000s back on loan insurance...

Also send to OFT, CONSUMER DIRECT, INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE all this can be found above

Keep me posted with how you get on... Also please email www.shoppr.co.uk i have done this today

Hi

And thank you.. I have tried to register with shoppr, but I am still waiting for a confirmation email..

Today I received a reply from Welcome!!!!

I sent the Trespass letter on Monday, it starts of Thank you for bringing our attention you issue rgarding your HP Agreement,

My letter was actually about the Bully Boys coming round and gaining access to a Private block of Flats.. (I have secure door entry system).

They cannot contact me as they have no contact numbers available..too right they dont..!! So any charges I find for telephone calls, I will quote from this letter.

Karen Peel has asked me to contact her so she can assist me with my complaint.!!

To right she will be hearing from me..

I sent my letter to Ruddington/Compliance Department, the reply was from WF/Lenton..Notts..

Hi, firstly send a letter to "the manager"

CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTRE

WELCOME FINANCE

BISHOPS HOUSE

ABBEYFIELD ROAD

LENTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG7 2SZ

I originally got a template letter from PPI Reclaiming Guide: Get £1,000s back on loan insurance...

Also send to OFT, CONSUMER DIRECT, INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE all this can be found above

Keep me posted with how you get on... Also please email www.shoppr.co.uk i have done this today

Write back to "the manager" and tell them not to waste your time any more. Tell them what you want to happen with regards to them entering the building and having both of them bully you like that. Tell them you are on this web site.. tell them everything you are doing or will do if they do not bring this matter to their urgent attention. As far as PPI, how did you get on with those web site's??

Tomo i will be writing a letter to the FOS.. i cant belive i forgot about them.

I found with Shopr i had to register again and it came through straight away.

Good luck... keep me posted

Hey All

Thanks for the replies that I have had. I have a couple of points which I could do with having definite answers too, before I give Welcome a rollocking.

1. What is the difference between an agreement taken out before and after April 2007 regarding an 'Unenforceable Agreement'?

2. My agreement is from August 2007, and although the Acceptance Fee is stated as an individual figure, it has been gathered interest. On the bottom of the agreement it does state that interest is chargeable on the Acceptance Fee. My question is, is this legal, or do I have grounds for an Unenforceable Agreement?

3. If I am successful in winning the Unenforceable Agreement do Welcome have to return everything that I have paid them, or what is the amount that I can claim back?

4. I requested 10 weeks ago that my PPI be cancelled as when I tried to claim against it, I was told that I could not as I did not qualify, even though I was in the same employment as when I took the car credit. I received a letter stating that they had received my complaint but nothing since. Should I send another letter stating that the account is in dispute and refuse to pay anything until settled? Also I have requested that they send me the PPI payments back to me in form of a cheque as initally the lady that I spoke to said that they would knock it off the end of the loan. Can I dictate how I want the money returned?

I'm going to be contact them on the 10th to discuss the points above so any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks again for everyone's help and good luck to those still fighting ;)

Well done Princess! I received a letter from Compliance yesterday advising me that they cannot place my account on hold 'as it will eventually incur arrears and that adverse information may be recorded on my credit file'. Now is it me or does that make no sense at all? Of course it won't incur arrears if it's on hold! These guys are in the head office of a company!!!!

They are well aware that my complaint is in a queue with the FOS, so I've contacted them to let them know I consider this a threat and that I intend on contacting the FOS about this also. Emailed them today :)

Hey All

Thanks for the replies that I have had. I have a couple of points which I could do with having definite answers too, before I give Welcome a rollocking.

1. What is the difference between an agreement taken out before and after April 2007 regarding an 'Unenforceable Agreement'?

2. My agreement is from August 2007, and although the Acceptance Fee is stated as an individual figure, it has been gathered interest. On the bottom of the agreement it does state that interest is chargeable on the Acceptance Fee. My question is, is this legal, or do I have grounds for an Unenforceable Agreement?

3. If I am successful in winning the Unenforceable Agreement do Welcome have to return everything that I have paid them, or what is the amount that I can claim back?

4. I requested 10 weeks ago that my PPI be cancelled as when I tried to claim against it, I was told that I could not as I did not qualify, even though I was in the same employment as when I took the car credit. I received a letter stating that they had received my complaint but nothing since. Should I send another letter stating that the account is in dispute and refuse to pay anything until settled? Also I have requested that they send me the PPI payments back to me in form of a cheque as initally the lady that I spoke to said that they would knock it off the end of the loan. Can I dictate how I want the money returned?

I'm going to be contact them on the 10th to discuss the points above so any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks again for everyone's help and good luck to those still fighting ;)

Hi,

I assume you're reading the breakdown of your monthly repayments from your Statement of Price which shows the interest on the Acceptance Fee? Have you advised WF that you are disputing their agreement due to this? Once you have received a final response from them you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for them to adjudicate.

Hi Sol

Thanks for the reply. I have had no response from WF in regards to anything that I have sent them. In regards to the PPI, I'm sending them a letter tomorrow to say that I think that the account should be on hold as I have not had a response in 10 weeks. As far as the interest on the Acceptance Fee, I don't know what I should do as the fee is shown as a figure and at the bottom of the agreement it states that interest can be charged upon it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Are you able to scan your agreement up (minus the personal details) so I can see the interest on the Fee part?

WF have categorically denied doing this in two letters to me, so it makes me wonder if it can be done, even if it says on the agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Does anyone know definitively whether lenders can charge interest on acceptance fees, as these are not considered credit under the CCA.

There is a lot of talk re: Welcome acceptance fees having interest charged on them, but no-one seems able to say YES, this renders the agreement unenforceable, or NO, lenders can charge interest on acceptance fees.

Has anyone had any success re: this particular point??

it all depends if the acceptance fee has been included in the ammount of credit

a lot of early agreements did, and are invalid,

and yes, mine was included so the agreement a no, no

The acceptance fee may be split up and paid in installments over the life of the loan but it must not be part of the loan - ie have interest charged on it.

ill dig out mine and show you

give me 20 minutes

Hi postggj,

thanks for replying so quickly!

To my knowledge, the Wilson Vs First County Trust case established if (as in your agreement), the lender puts an acceptance fee into the amount of credit section, this renders the agreement irrevocably unenforceable.

Can i just clarify on your point though, that even if Welcome didn't put the acceptance fee into the total amount of credit (it's under Other Financial Information), but DID charge interest on the acceptance fee (this is confirmed by other paperwork).... then the agreement is unenforceable???

If this is the case, do you know which part of the consumer credit act or other legislation proves this, as i want my letter to tham to be as strong as possible....

:-)

Hi Balaeric, as far as we know the agreement is enforceable with the interest on Acc. Fee as long as it's in the right place, although it shouldn't.

I've made a complaint to the Ombudsman, so unless someone's already complained and got an answer, it's not likely we'll not definitely for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry for not replying for a while, this is where I stand at the moment with Welcome.

I took out a loan against a car with Welcome in Aug 07 and even though I told them that I was a contractor, had my own PPI insurance through my business, I was told I would have to take out theirs, specifically as I was a contractor.

In Jan 09 my contract expired and I approache Welcome to activate the PPI cover, but was told that as I was a contractor I was not covered. After speaking to a member of their compliance team in Nottingham, the person that I spoke to thought I had been missold the PPI and told me to write a letter in requesting that the PPI be taken off the account and also any monies that I had paid be returned to me and not taken off the end of the account. I continued to pay the monthly installment during this time. The 8 weeks that they had to resond expired on the 30th March 09, so I sent another letter 2 weeks later stating that until the matter was resolved or I received a response I would not be making any more payments as the account was in dispute and that they were not permitted to harass me until my complaint had been resolved. They responsded by sending someone round to make a collection. I asked them to leave. Since then I have spoken to the Manager of the local branch and he has told me that if I do not make payment, even though the account is in dispute, that they will be handing the account over to a debt collection agency. I also took out an unsecured loan with them in Jan 09 and even though I have not missed a payment on this account, I am being told that both accounts are linked and that they will both he handed over to a DCA.

Can anyone advise me please, as I have managed to hold them off until Monday when I shall be going in to see them.

I'm going to be posting up a copy of my Agreement also, if anyone can have a look and let me know what they think.

Thanks all

WCS Page 1.doc

WCS Page 2.doc

Edited by vanderveckan

welcome talking crap as usual

accounts are linked, my &%$%

DONT BOTHER WITH BRANCH LEVEL, ITS NOTTINGHAM AND COMPLIANCE YOU NEED

NOW AS THE COMPLAINT IS STILL ON GOING AND 8 WEEKS HAS ELAPSED, WELCOME SHOULD HAVE SAID TO ESCALATE IT TO THE FOS.

AS USUAL WELCOME ARE IGNORING YOU.

MAY I ASK HOW YOU ARE FIXED IN MAKING FUTURE PAYMENTS,

GETTING THIS INTO OFFICIAL DISPUTE IS THE NEXT MEASURE,

CAN YOU MAKE THE NEXT PAYMENT

WE WILL SORT OUT TELEPHONE CALLS AND HOME VISITS IN A MO

Hiya postggj

Thanks for replying so quick, I was hoping you would. I am ok to make the next payment but then after that but have already sent them a letter (recorded delivery to Nottingham) stating that I believe that the account is in dispute and shall not be making any further payments until the matter is resolved. I did not make the last payment as I was getting no response from them. I've also posted up my CCA to see if anyone can tell me if this falls in/out of an unenforceable agreement, and you seem to be the best person for it considering you have already gone through this.

Thanks again