Welcome finance go too far

danny_kiernan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - Here is the original (my copy) of my 1st personal loan, which I havent even brought up to welcome yet (this should be a nice suprise for you mr orril) which was done via post, please note the following:

• No Signature by Welcome on mine or their copy I returned to them.
  • note point d) You signed this agreement at our business premises (not true), on their copy it just said sign and return.
  • Note the statement again - Interest will be calculated on the rate of interest on the daily balance outstanding on the Total amount of credit and the Acceptance Fee
  • This did have T & C's on the back btw.
  • I haven't checked their calculations on this one at all.

orig_personal.jpg

Hi postggj,

Yes I was following your thread before and well done again.

I have purposely blacked out any details rather than white, I have removed so that it shows up better. The dealer approved car finance just gave me the copies, which had been faxed through to them - welcomes was not signed in my presence as it was a presigned copy - I just signed the photocopies.

I really hope mr Orill is watching as the fact I am now going after 3, instead of 2 should brighten up his day :)

My last personal loan was taken to cover the outstanding on the original under pressure from someone at welcome finance as I was going to have to pay late - will be scanning that in shortly, oh and some more suprises to follow.

Thanks for the support

Danny

Two of Lots of letters from Welcome, only one with an actual handwritten threat on it, which wasn't enforceable anyway :) Blacked out any personal details and their agent's signature. BTW I have only 3 of the hand delivered 'while you weren't in, we charged you £25.00' ones, but lots of the charge £10.00 for calling me, even though nobody answered you ones, image below first.

doorstepping.jpg

charge_by_mail.jpg

The first agreement (post #25) seems all correct except that the APR is incorrect - it should be 39.7% not 40.2% (this is using the IFT Dualcalc calculator). Interestingly, they admit that their charges are for breach of the agreement.

The second is completely correct (although how they have the nerve to admit to an APR of 64.3% I can't imagine) Interest is not calculted on the acceptance fee only on the principal (£1500) despite what they say. I don't think a court woul rult it unenforceable jsut because of the absence of their signature so long as you signed it.

Both agreements have all the terms prescribed by the 1983 regulations.

This is the loan the person at welcome forced me into, to cover the original loan and add some extra on - the figures seem a bit odd, bit unreadable too and also it states about interest charged on acceptance fee again. Sorry its in 2 parts - its a weird sized document.

loan_2a.jpg

loan_2b.jpg

The second is completely correct (although how they have the nerve to admit to an APR of 64.3% I can't imagine) Interest is not calculted on the acceptance fee only on the principal (£1500) despite what they say. I don't think a court woul rult it unenforceable jsut because of the absence of their signature so long as you signed it.

quote]

What about the clause stating it was signed at their business premises? Plus no terms and conditions at all?

Thanks for looking too btw

Getting sick of scanning now :(

UNfortunately no one can prove where it was signed now. It has all the terms it needs to have under the CCA.

I think the interest rate on this last one is wrong too - it looks like it should be 43.2%

I am going to be now but I will check them more thoroughly over the weekend.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone

I came accoss this website in google search... i thought i was the only 1... i was wrong!!!! Yep Welcome have done it to me!!!

My first issue with welcome is i have recently found out that when we brought the car we were told that we had to take out PPI or we coulnt have the car, we were so desperate for a car we would have agreed to anything. I have recently found out that they have been mis selling this PPI ( they also done this to a friend of mine ) They are now saying that i have to prove this... if this has happened to anyone else, you must write into the OFT, even if your loan is paid off, write into them. I will update you when i get my reply from the OFT

2nd issue; I was finding it hard to keep up with my payemts of nearly £300 per month, i went to my bank this one particular morning and my phone went.. a guy from welcome was on the other end, demanding payment, he was at my door, ready to take the car or payment, i did expalin that i was in the bank and people could hear him as he was shouting at me. In the end i put the phone down, i called my other half who went absolutely balistic and made his way to the house... While this was hapening i rang the manager and told him what just happened and what was said, he appologised and by the time my other half got there he was gone (lucky for the welcome guy!!!)

Payment was made by card that day, however i was still left a little angry at the way i was treated.

The next day i got a knock from my neighbour telling me that Welcome had been on their doorstep, the man was asking questions about me & my other half, the car, our financial situation and also was quite happily showing his clip board with ALL my finance agreement on the car, what i owed, how much in arrears i was... i have never been so embarressed in all my life... i like to keep my life private, people dont know much about me and thats the way i like to keep it.

I of course in utter disgust rang them straight away which of course all i got and am still getting are appologies... NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! THEY HAVE BROKEN THE DATA PROTECTION ACT. Why should they be allowed to get away with this behaviour??

I have now just written in to CONSUMER DIRECT, WELCOME HEAD OFFICE & OFT, i am looking to prosecute without a doubt. To not drag this on too much more all i keep getting is SORRY!! and this is not our code of practise!!!!??? WHAT!!!!??? This seems to be something they do often, and something needs to be done. I still have the car on my driveway, i have not driven it since beginning of Feb 09 and i have not paid them a penny since December 08, they will not get another penny out of me.

If anyone has any advice on my situation please let me know.

Thanks everyone:mad:

Hi

The same happened to me, I was told that I could only have the car on HP if I had the extra PPI and Mechanical Breakdown cover!!

I have missed 1 payment due to unemployment, and the BULLY boys have been round twice...

When I telephoned Welcome he told me 2 borrow from Friends or Family...which I cannot do..

I have the PPI so it will be interesting to see what happens next..

I have paid over a 1/3 for the car so they cant take it away apparently without a court order, but I am sure they will!!! but I will not release any keys, or answer the door to them BULLIES...........

Hi everyone

I came accoss this website in google search... i thought i was the only 1... i was wrong!!!! Yep Welcome have done it to me!!!

My first issue with welcome is i have recently found out that when we brought the car we were told that we had to take out PPI or we coulnt have the car, we were so desperate for a car we would have agreed to anything. I have recently found out that they have been mis selling this PPI ( they also done this to a friend of mine ) They are now saying that i have to prove this... if this has happened to anyone else, you must write into the OFT, even if your loan is paid off, write into them. I will update you when i get my reply from the OFT

2nd issue; I was finding it hard to keep up with my payemts of nearly £300 per month, i went to my bank this one particular morning and my phone went.. a guy from welcome was on the other end, demanding payment, he was at my door, ready to take the car or payment, i did expalin that i was in the bank and people could hear him as he was shouting at me. In the end i put the phone down, i called my other half who went absolutely balistic and made his way to the house... While this was hapening i rang the manager and told him what just happened and what was said, he appologised and by the time my other half got there he was gone (lucky for the welcome guy!!!)

Payment was made by card that day, however i was still left a little angry at the way i was treated.

The next day i got a knock from my neighbour telling me that Welcome had been on their doorstep, the man was asking questions about me & my other half, the car, our financial situation and also was quite happily showing his clip board with ALL my finance agreement on the car, what i owed, how much in arrears i was... i have never been so embarressed in all my life... i like to keep my life private, people dont know much about me and thats the way i like to keep it.

I of course in utter disgust rang them straight away which of course all i got and am still getting are appologies... NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! THEY HAVE BROKEN THE DATA PROTECTION ACT. Why should they be allowed to get away with this behaviour??

I have now just written in to CONSUMER DIRECT, WELCOME HEAD OFFICE & OFT, i am looking to prosecute without a doubt. To not drag this on too much more all i keep getting is SORRY!! and this is not our code of practise!!!!??? WHAT!!!!??? This seems to be something they do often, and something needs to be done. I still have the car on my driveway, i have not driven it since beginning of Feb 09 and i have not paid them a penny since December 08, they will not get another penny out of me.

If anyone has any advice on my situation please let me know.

Thanks everyone:mad:

Hi

The same happened to me, I was told that I could only have the car on HP if I had the extra PPI and Mechanical Breakdown cover!!

I have missed 1 payment due to unemployment, and the BULLY boys have been round twice...

When I telephoned Welcome he told me 2 borrow from Friends or Family...which I cannot do..

I have the PPI so it will be interesting to see what happens next..

I have paid over a 1/3 for the car so they cant take it away apparently without a court order, but I am sure they will!!! but I will not release any keys, or answer the door to them BULLIES...........

Even though you are going to claim on the PPi still write a letter to the OFT informing them that they did the same to you... the more people that complain then the OFT will have to get involved... DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND... they are all idiots at Welcome, Gutless idiots at that.... Complain to Tracey Beaker at Nottingham if you get any more grief.. thats who i have been complaing in too. Let me know how you get on....

ok... CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTRE, WELCOME FINANCE, BISHOPS HOUSE, ABBEYFIELD ROAD, LENTON NOTTINGHAM NG7 2SZ, TRACEY BARKER SORRY NOT BEAKER. I have also sent letters to my local Informer & Guardian news papers... I am soooo angry at these idiots.. You then want to ask tracey who her Superior is so that you can also send the complaint to them... i have done this and am now waiting for a reply.

With the OFT there address will be on there web site, type in OFT in google search.. also complain to CONSUMER DIRECT and seek advice from CAB.. Dont let them get away with anything

Thank you for your reply, do you have the addresses of these companies please.

I think the PPI claim will be thrown out, they seem to have a lot of excuses the DIRECT GROUP!!

I have told Tracey that the car is to be taken off my drive way or i will start charging them rent, i want compensation and the rest of the Loan wiped clear. I am seeking legal advice.. no way am i letting them get away with this... NO WAY!!!!

PPI wont get thrown out... if everyone comes forward they cant!!! They have done this to loads of people

• Haha 1

Thank you so much, I am doing my letters as we speak, as I am also doing one for the Harrasement of the BULLY boys lurking around my car, and entering onto my premises (Live in a block of flats)

Car is parked on a private car park area!!

Will let you know what happens

good luck.. if you need me to help you in anyway just ask :-)

The more pople that complain especially to Consumer Direct, CAB & OFT then something has to be done

I was in a right state yesterday morning, these WELCOME people are just awful, the tone in their voices just prove what bullies they all are.

Markiemark1 .. was a saviour yesterday as he put my mind at rest about these people..

Thank you again for your advice..I am sure I will be in touch...let me know how you get on as well.:)

Hi All

I've been following the post on CAG for a while now and could use some advice from the more aware of you out there.

I took out a HP agreement on a car in August 2007 with WFS. The total cost of the car was approx £10,000. On top of this I elected to have the Mechanical breakdown cover (£650) and also the Shortfall Insurance (£350). At the time of taking the loan, I was informed that I would also have to take out PPI cover (£2600) to cover the loan as I was a contractor. I understand how this would be difficult to prove now but that's what happened. Rececently, my contract finished and I contacted WFS to activate the PPI, but was told that I was a contractor that I would not be eligible for cover, even though it was the same position in when I took the loan. I was further told that the only way in which I could claim the PPI was if my employer went out of busines (NHS - unlikey) or I did (unrealistic).

Therefore I have worked out what amount the PPI and interest accumulates to over the 48 month period of the loan (£3,890) and have requested on the 26th Jan 09 that WFS knock that off my total and repay the £1600 in additional payments that I have made. To date I received a letter in mid Feb saying that they would be looking at the matter but now we are in week 9 and still nothing from them.

Also, I have noticed that on the Agreement, the Acceptance Fee has accrued interest on it. Therefore, is this agreement enforcable under Wilson v First Trust?

I have been patient with WFS and have been more than happy to repay what I owe them, but this changed after speaking to the 'Customer Service (ironic)' department. After being told that I had no choice to use them as no one else would provide me with finance and the usual charm that they dispense, I was told that I would not be getting my refund on the PPI and told to sod off for want of a better word.

So, firstly, I believe that they are in breach of FSA guidlines regarding complaint response within 8 weeks. Secondly, I have been paying extra amounts as and when I have been able to and have repaid the inital loan cost (the money that they lent me) and some extra on top, so am I able to present an unenforceable agreement? What do I need to do to prove that the agreement was unenforcable? Would they be able to black mark my credit file? Also, would the car then be mine and would it be shown as HP clear?

I feel slight guilt at attempting the unenforcable route, but not too much as I have paid them what they lent me, and up until I started questioning them about the PPI, have had a pleasant relationship with them. I also have a matter where they have been charging me Ad-hoc fees, capital disbursement, and telephone call costs, even though on the SAR it shows I have made a payment, and 3 days later I am charged for a call. I have also noted that the amount that they have stated on the HP agreement for call charges etc, differs from what they have actually added onto my account.

Sorry for the long post, but any advice would be appreciated.

I was in a right state yesterday morning, these WELCOME people are just awful, the tone in their voices just prove what bullies they all are.

Markiemark1 .. was a saviour yesterday as he put my mind at rest about these people..

Thank you again for your advice..I am sure I will be in touch...let me know how you get on as well.:)

Just an update on everything thats been going on my end;

I received a call from the guy who chasses for money twelling me the complaint was closed... I told him NO WAY, another letter was sent to Welcome, it appears that Teracey who i have been dealing with isnt even a Manager... more wasting of my time??

So now i have to go through the hole lot again with a Manager, again my account is on hold. Good news is... I HAVE RECEIVED A CALL & EMAIL FROM CONSUMER DIRECT.. very very helpfull... Please make sure you send ALL complaints about Welcome, and breech of data Protection Act & miss selling of the PPI to these guys.. they dont mess around. The lady who i am dealing with is on the case and has told me to also send a letter to INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE CONTACT NUMBER 0845 306060 OR 01625 545745. We are going to the CAB tomo.. will update more then

the letter is great , i am in two minds wether to write to head office regarding the woman who has been harrassing us, and also regarding checking up on wether my husband has been paid or not.ours is a secured loan though although i wish it wasnt

Hi.... please check out

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/taking_a_case_to_court.pdf

dont let them get away with it... we have sent the letter, they have 14 days to settle my compensation claim or i am taking them to Court... ill keep you posted