Faulty Router

jo1lygrngiant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, wondering if you could please help me out with this one.

Firstly, I'm a PC Builder etc, with a business to business accounts with a few suppliers. I bought a router off one of my suppliers 2 weeks ago. Come to install it on my customers pc, and find it isnt working. (Every which way of attempting to connect to it does not work). Fair enough, contact my supplier, and get a RMA number.. (been done hundreds of times before). Heres where the problem lies..

My supplier, is stating that im outside of the warranty period, and for any faults, i need to contact the manufacturer direct, and get them to sort it out.

Now my thoughts / feelings are, that my contract is with my supplier, and not with the manufacturer, and under the sale of goods act, the warranty is 12 months, with the supplier.

If I build a pc, or repair one, and 3 weeks later a part breaks, I don't tell my customer 'Sorry you need to contact the manufacturer for any repairs'. As far as im concerned, they have a contract with me, and its up to me to sort the problem out, not for my customer.

I have contacted the customer services dept, and am told by them, the same thing, need to contact the manufacturer direct.. but this is really nagging me, as it isn't the first time this has happened.

On many occasions when ever I RMA something, it gets dealt with, once before had the same old runaround. They did arrange the rma, after I went in guns blazing, and wondering if i have to do the same again this time, and any other times in the future.

Thanks for any help / input you can offer.

Seasons greetings to you and yours

be safe

nige

aka jo1lygrngiant

This is so common in the IT industry, one of the reasons for my exit from retail IT.

Sale of Goods Act does not apply to B2B transactions, it is the terms and Conditions with your supplier that applies. And if they are like most, you will get no-where without a court case.

Only thing that usually works is to contact your sales rep and tell him that he's gonna lose your account, and tell him why.

They all get desperate for business in Jan-Feb, and losing even small accounts is not good for them

Good luck !

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate