O2 - Continued Billing After Termination

Befnal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in August I wrote to O2 requesting that they disconnect my line at the end of the contract. At the end of the contract I changed my provider and thought no more of it until I received a further bill. I wrote again to say that I had terminated the contract and to send me a bill for any monies outstanding, yet still there was no response. i then received a second bill and a third then finally a letter stating that they had disconnected my line!

On several occasions I had contacted O2, each time getting no response. I now have a collection agency chasing the debt plus £80 'legal costs' and the threat of a Court Order. There is no way I'm going to pay this debt, I terminated the contract at the end of the term and that should have been the end of it. I full intend to defend this claim in court, but if anyone has any similar experiences or advice it would be most welcome.

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

Hi Befnal,

I too had a very similar experience with O2, quite simply, they are ****E!

I found my bills were often more than what they should have been, and every time I rang and queried them, they just said it was right because that was what the system said.

Eventually I decided to end my contract as I was actually outside of the 12 months at the time, so I rang them up and explained I was changing to another supplier because their service was overrated, overpriced and basically crap.

I received a PAC code to transfer my number to Virgin, and was told I would receive my final bill in 30 days times after the months notice, then I would need to pay the bill the following month, which would include any calls I made, at the time I was paying line rental plus any calls or texts I made.

Anyway, after I paid the final bill, I received another bill a month later, which of course I totally blanked. Now, I heard nothing more for around 3-4 months then I received another bill for another months service. The thing is, I actually received a total of 4 becase I also had an account for my girlfriend at the time.

This was around 3-4, possibly 5 years ago, and I have since noticed a Default from o2 applied to my Credit Reference, but I have never heard anything else from them, except a could of months later, like you a received a Line Terminated Letter. What a bunch of muppets, considering I had been using my number with Virgin for a couple of months at least.

I don`t really know what else you can do, because as I say, I have not heard anything since. I wouldn`t be surprised if I don`t start hearing from some CDA`s soon as the debt, if there is any will be coming to 6 years soon and will be statued barred.

Anyway, just thought I`d let you know of my experience with the might O2.

Regards and best wishes for Christmas.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

NP,

Thanks for that, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has problems with these people!

Take care and a have a great Christmas yourself.

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

• 2 weeks later...

I've had exactly the same problem with 3, kept sending me bills and taking payment after I had terminated in writing. eventually stopped the DD and got some snotty phone calls and a letter from a DCA. all for £40.00 they went away saying they would return the debt to 3

Now have another DCA, CARS who have inflated the bill to £86 trying it on. I have all original letters and bills, so can happily show the termination letter and bills it refers to, even the balance at that time. would like to see what the DCA will claim the extra £46 is for if and when it goes to court