Link Financial - Help Needed

poppy11

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just had a final charging order in favour of link financial placed on my house by the court, I pleaded mitigating circumstances for not being able to attend the hearing and explained that I had made contact but had been ignored and that I had offered to pay, the judge still awarded in favour of them but allowing me to pay £100 a month (my offer) to clear the debt, at the time I submitted an income expenditure form to the court and link financial.

After the judgement I waited for link to contact me and they did asking me to pay all of it off or make an offer to pay, which I did offering what was agreed by the judge, in the meantime i got a letter saying that they had attempted to contact me by phone and letter and was ignoring them, they wont phone though as I have already said that if they do I will take action for harassment and execept for the letter asking for an offer I have heard nothing. Anyway I finally got a response to my offer saying that before they consider it I must contact them to discuss my financial situation or complete the enclosed income and expenditure form, including copies of all out goings..they want everything.

I really do not want to do either and seeing as the judge said that I can pay £100 a month why are they not accepting this.

Please can anyone help me as I feel that they are being difficult and making things as awkward for me as possible...what do I do, can I refuse and insist that they take the money..or do I have to comply..have I got a leg to stand on with the fact that the judge has ordered a £100 a month payment...I just think they will do what they can to take my house..can someone please help me with an appropriate response to them.:-(

*Won* Woolwich £5300

If it was me I would write back to them stating that you understand that the court has ordered that you pay £100 per month and that you are happy to comply with this. And send a copy of your letter to the court, making sure that Link know you have done so and making it clear that Link are ignoring what the judge said.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

thanks for that Goldlady, I will try that. But am I going to get into trouble, this company seem to be completely unscrupulous and am scared that they will try to take further action.

*Won* Woolwich £5300

You won't get into trouble, THEY will, they are flouting what a legally qualified person ie the Judge has stipulated, and you have already submitted the income and expenditure form as part of your court application.

Go ahead with the letter Goldlady mentioned with a clear mind and no guilt trip, THEY are at fault now, not you.

Copy the letter to the Court Manager citing your court no on the letter and they should be able to help too.

Poppy the worst they can do, apart from empty threats, is take you to court over it and if you can show that you have acted reasonably and done what was asked of you there is every chance the court will reduce your payments:p. You have done nothing wrong - you need to get into that frame of mind.

My OH is now quite (well more than that) nasty to DCAs when they call us now. They are not worth worrying about - they are full of empty threats.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I have already decided to foward all letters received to the court manager, including my response to Link what do people think I should i say in my letter to the Court and should I put in my letter to link that I have cc. the court manager in

*Won* Woolwich £5300

Hi Poppy11, I'm no expert on this but I'l try to help. I think that that Goldlady's post is good advice. Make sure you put the court number on the letter to the court. I'd be inclined to keep it short stating that on (date) the judge ordered you to pay £100 which you are happy to comply with but that Link are now harassing you to pay all of the amount or more than you have been ordered to pay. cc Link to let them know you are serious and see what happens. Good luck and don't worry, the law is on your side on this one.

Abbey

6/10/06 - £1260 received in bank charges :-D

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 1

1/2008 closed file:)

1st Credit

4/2007 alleged debt

7/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT

1/2008 Mackenzie Hall threatening legal action

2/2008 closed file:)

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 2