Charging the banks???

gavin2121

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just logged on to my Barclays account to find that I’m £350 overdrawn although I don't have an overdraft, and that the bank has charged me 3 no. "paid referral" charges at £30 each totalling £90. :eek:

From what I can gather, I have used my debit card 3 times for transactions in both Tesco's shop and petrol station. The thing is, all three transactions have gone through after I’ve reached a low-zero balance and in one case 6 days later??

It seems as though I can draw money out on my debit card even though the bank knows there's no funds available. I thought the whole point of a debit card is that it checks available funds upon transaction thus no money = no transaction.

In this case I’ve used my card, and even though I had money in my account, the money wasn't debited until 6 days later and during this time I had spent money that I thought was part of my available balance.:-x

Do I just approach with the usual reclaim of charges letter and do you know if we can input our own "you have been charged £35.00 for this letter" bit at the bottom allowing us to give them a taste of their own?;)

R's

Gavin

Question, say you get £200 in wages, spend 3x £50 then use another 3x £50 the transactions go through, total £300 yet you knew you only recieved £200.... why were the transactions made when you knew you didn't have the funds to cover such.

Some banks ( read the terms and conditions ) offer free overdrafts others let transactions go ahead if there fall within the cards gararatee limit...

Yes you can claim the charges back, however as you might already know, most bank charge claims have been set aside pending oft test cases...so don't expect an instant refund of the charges you occurred...Petrol stations and most fast express shops transactions take longer to go through the process than mayor retailers, hence keeping a eye on your expendure might be within your best intrests, to save unexpected intrest charges in the future...

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

A welcome to CAG would have been nice before that wrist slapping.:( I've just Read your post help with bank stuff. witch just goes to show we all let things slip now and again.

Gavin welcome to CAG

I wouldn't push your luck with the charge to them, as they didn't sign a contract and you have'nt sent them any T&C's. Plus they would only reclaim them.

Just follow the process for reclaiming your charges and if it goes to court you can add cost's for you time and effort.

PS You might want to get this move to the Barclays fourum, there will be people there with a good Knowledge of dealing with Barclays Bank.