Nationwide action close cutomers account.

tenkorangcharles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nationwide Building Society

Member Account Servicing

Branch Service Centre

Electra House

Farnsby Street

Swindon

SN2 1BR

Tel: 01793 712469

[ Customer Name]

[Customer Address]

Dear [Customer]

I note that we recently refunded a number of fees and charges to your account as a gesture of goodwill.

I am writing to let you know that, moving forward, we will require you to fully adhere to the terms and conditions of your account/s, including acceptance of fee and charges where they have been levied in line with our published tariff. Please sign the copy of this letter to confirm that you accept all the terms and conditions that apply to your FlexAccount and send it to me in the enclosed pre-paid envelope within 14 days. If you feel unable to do this, we ask that you now make alternative banking arrangements. If you don't sign within the requested timescale, regrettable we will assume that you are unable to comply with our request and you'll receive a letter giving you 30 days notice of our intention to close your FlexAccount/s at which stage we will also require repayment of any overdraft.

I should also mention that, if having signed in agreement to the terms and conditions, you then breach any of those relating to acceptance of fees and charges, this is also likely to result in our giving you 30 days notice that we will be closing your FelxAccount/s and requiring repayment of any overdraft.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely

Sam Phipps

Customer Care Manager

Member Account Servicing

I/we hereby sign in acceptance of all terms and conditions attached to the FlexAccount, and understand that breaches of these may result in closure of account/s

Signature/s of all account holder:

.......................................................................................................................................................

copy the letter to the oft and the fos for adjudication

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Hello tenkorangcharles!

Am not quite sure as to what U are saying??...:confused:

In your previous Nationwide Thread, U were given perfectly sound advice...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/117699-nationwide-has-threaten-close.html

...If U had previously viewed many Nationwide Threads before + during your Claim, U would have seen how other Claimants had handled this type of Letter.

Certainly in the Threads that I have Posted in, the general Site advice given, is for Claimants to open a 'parachute' current account BEFORE starting their Claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Since the winning decision for a Claimant againstA+L earlier this year, re: 'Compensation paid for a current account closure in retalitory action', Banks have been very reluctant to do this, Nationwide included.

It surprises me that for someone who has been competent enough to WIN by going 'off-piste' with their Original Claim, U stumbled on such a basic fundament aspect??...:confused:

...Which had U had Posted your Claims progress at the time, someone would have, no doubt, pointed in the RIGHT direction?!...:rolleyes:

They are essentially asking this person to accept terms and conditions tht are unlawful (again). I fail to see what effect signing the letter would have...

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

The OP has ALREADY signed the letter IDS...;)

Contary to what advice that would have been given, if he/she had Posted their Claim's progress etc.

Nationwide HAD threatened to close his/her Flexaccount if the OP hadn't signed.

...Although NOT the done thing to do, Nationwide obviously took the commercial decision that the OP wouldn't have the wherewithal to pursue a Compensation Claim against them?!...:)

The following link stresses the point that I was making re: Preparatory Steps BEFORE Claiming...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html?garpg=6

The OP should find help in his/her current position, by reading through through the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63646-alliance-leicester-fined-fos.html

Nationwide threat to close my account if I havent had sign it at that time. So I did sign but since December 2006 till December 2007, Nationwide has charges me upto £645.00 and since I did sign the letter they sent me I dont no how to go about it, recently try to contact them about this charges and they told me that this charges are fair in line with their charges teriff and sent me a standard letter regarding their them being involve with the legal proceeding with the OFT and thefore will have to wait until this test has been resolve before my case can be proceed.

Okie-dokie tenkorangecharles!

Read ALL the above mentioned links.

Open a 'parachute' current account elsewhere.

If U DON'T have ALL your statements for the period that U want to Claim for, send Nationwide a £10 S.A.R.

If U DO, read up on what's been happening with Nationwide of the last few months + then send off your Preliminary Letter.

If U want your money back, be prepared that U MAY have to appear in Court to get them to give it to U.

Disregard what it says in that letter that U signed btw...;)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't you complain to the Ombudsmen? I recall Alliance & Leicester were fined for closing a customers account in retaliation.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

There you go... If enought people do that they will look again at the policy I'll bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan batman. I wish there was talkback in my error, would like to see head honchos explain such a frivolous waste of MEMBERS money.

I say this because I was looking at some info the the OFT Test Case the other day and it says 'we will pay our own legal fees'. Who is this we? As a mutual they're using members money to stop thier own members from suing them? Hmm...