Capital one ringing every 8 days

nima21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, my mum is about £150 in arrears from a £200 credit limit and for the past 3 months they have been ringing every 8 days, they r all very rude to her as shes not in a position to pay it, she feels really down about it, she accepts she owes them money but its the ringing every 8 days that bothers her, she feels intimidated by it, ive spoke to them and asked them to stop ringing and to contact her by post only but they say they cant, is this true. is there anyway i can stop these what i consider to be harrasment calls?

Hi

has your mom offered a payment arrangement with them? Unfortunately Crap One won't go away, they are very persisient. If she makes an arrangement to pay (only as much as she can afford) then the phone calls should stop, as long as she keeps to the agreed arrangement. They cannot make her pay all in one go, if she can't afford it then thats the way it is, they'll take whatever they can get.

More importantly, is any of the arrears owing due to charges (late payments, overlimit fees etc0? If so, she should set about reclaiming the charges back immediately. If she has statements, jsut make a list of all charges and send it with a Preliminary letter. see the Templates section. Then follow the set timescale. If no statements are available, send a SAR with a fee of £10, this will get copies of all data Crap One have on your mom.

Make sure she writes to them and puts the account into dispute, they are not allowed to chase, or refer the debt to a DCA once the account is in dispute.

Have a read through the credit card FAQ's. And if you need any more help just shout.

• Haha 2

thanks Wendy, i applicate ur advice there. at the moment no she hasnt offered anything, she has said she will arrange payments with them after xmas. which i think the max she can pay for now is a tenner a month.

and yeah after a fone call last week which upset her from capital one i sent them a S.A.R which gives them 40 days, will read through the credit card F.A.Q now

just seems wrong how they can get away with ringing every 8 days, once they rang twice in 3 days, i think capital one are **** to be honest, they employ bullys, not people, ive heard the way they speak to her and its disgracefull

thanks alot for the advice Wendy

Hi nima

Do what Wendy advises. In principle you can claim harrassment for persistent phone calls. Unfortunately, most people wouldn't classify every 8 days as harrassment (8 times a day would be - and some companies ring even more often than that, MBNA for example)

• Haha 1

Once there's a payment arrangement in place they'll shut up - but only for a while. But that should give you long enough to get the reclaim of charges going.

Next time they call, tell her to discuss a payment arrangement, don't them bully her into more than she can afford. Even if she says she'll pay £x by a certain date, as long as she keeps to it. If she sorts it out now, then that will stop them ringing over Christmas.If she doesn't pay at all they'll put her into default which will affect her credit record, and is more difficult to get removed than the charges are to get back.

Lucky mom having you to fight her corner.:)