Pontins meet - Off topic random nonsense and ramblings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few of us have been chatting, as we had such an amazing time at the Manchester meet, and we have decided to plan a couple of days to....PONTINS!! :D :D

So it has been decided where, PONTINS PRESTATYN and the dates are 8TH - 11TH FEBRUARY 2008 .

So if any one is interested, to join a few of us in having a good laugh, and totally letting your hair down, just let us know on here, so we can start working out if its going to be worth it. Please add names as soon as you can so we can work out numbers. :razz:

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BOOKING, WE HAVE A BOOKING THREAD IN THE CAG MEET FORUM...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cag-meets/125413-pontins-prestatyn-meet-8th.html#post1310934

**Edited for post #1 as thread is getting quite long!

Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th returning Monday 11th (Don't mention to Hippy as she will thump me!!) Everyone welcome to come for all or part nights**

Right, got to the bottom of all this. The prices quoted prior weren't accurate, although I'd swear the was quoted that way last time (but then I would say that!)

08/02/2008 Code B8M 50% discount.

Prices quoted are based on no insurance, if peeps want that its £10 extra PP and if one has it, everybody in that chalet has to take it. Maybe people have thier own private insurance. When booking, groups that want insurance could obviously group together (assuming there will be loads of us going).

Budget Accomodation (1 bedroom, sleeps up to 5) First floor

4 People *£ 74.50 (snap Janet) (£18.63)

5 People *£ 84.50 (£16.90)

2 bedroom (health and safety)

6 People *£ 97.00 (£16.16)

Which is strange as last time I went it was 1 bedroom, and slept 6.

Everybody is going to be different so we can post here about which people want to do what. I was wrong about the linen, as this is budget accom he really is throwing linen in for us.

Classic Accomodation.

Whether its 1 or 6 people the price is £147.

Errr, thats dear, I hear you moan, what do I get for my money?

LINEN!!!! lol.

Electric Shower

Double Glazing

Improved decor .You won't be seeing me near this fancy-ars*d chalet, its far too classy for me!

Codes should be good until mid January.

I appreciate the bookings will take some sorting out (& we can chunk at it as and when 4,5 or 6 peeps confirm) Only thing with me is I really can't afford to be lead passenger, but would forward, by any method, my share to whoever picks up this gauntlet!!! Unless there is another way! FYI they don't accept Electron and Maestro is touch and go.

If I've missed anything out, hollar.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No twin set or pearls...:mad:

But maybe i will borrow Janets curlers. :p

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! I'm in!!!!! (again!!! :D )

Janet........... get the curlers out babe!!!!! :D;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oh, gosh - if you guys are going to be there - count me in!

Have you got a spare twin set for me SSL?

:p

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

It is open to anyone. :D

HC you are welcome to my twin set. It is sat in the wardrobe, covered in mothballs!! :eek:

F&Q's... Read here

LOL - a likely story, SSL.

I'll be there though - as I have a bet on with Thai about who can pull the most.

:p

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Oh what a great idea SSL ;)

Has anyone looked at the link Thai posted ? I have always found them ok at P/S, Thai .. hows your mate now and how did you finally get home as he couldn't of been able to drive ?

What Pontins are you thinking of ? I'l go anywhere except Southport .. it's THAT bad there it's even too common for me lol

I go to Prestatyn quite a lot as the kids love it there and its cheap .. but it's VERY basic so if you are looking for 5 star accomadation forget it .. then again if your looking for 1 star accomadation forget it lol

Roughly when ? ( I know your waiting for a deal )

is it for a weekend ?

is it Adults only ? .or are people with kids bringing them ?

Hedgy can I have my curler back as I'm one short and it looks odd when I'm driving as people are giving me funny looks :p

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

No twin set or pearls...:mad:

How did everyone find out how you dress SSL ? :p

Tideturner don't be letting the side down by suggesting that we get one chalet and all get our heads down in it LOL .. we are trying to lose our steryotype 'scouse ' image remember :p

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I want to share with Thai - as I think our wardrobes will be similar. And I don't want him to be better dressed than me when we go out on the pull.

;)

Oh what a great idea SSL ;)

is it for a weekend ?

is it Adults only ? .or are people with kids bringing them ?

I think we need a full weekend this time as 1 night just wasnt enough. No idea about kids, but it makes no difference. See what everyone thinks.

How did everyone find out how you dress SSL ? :p

Hmmmmmm i wonder....JANET!! :-x

I want to share with Thai - as I think our wardrobes will be similar. And I don't want him to be better dressed than me when we go out on the pull.

Oooooh no HC, i get first dibs, as we will be sharing the fridge, a voddy fridge..:p And i might even get an upgrade from the sofa!!:eek:

As for where and when I think Thai will be checking that out. And the whole point of this is to rough it out for a couple of days. :D Fun, not luxury!

F&Q's... Read here

Thai .. hows your mate now and how did you finally get home as he couldn't of been able to drive ?

He's fine. The problem was necking too much Strongbow over the years, its full of acid. He has swapped to Stella now! He was told by the doctors not to drive for a month I think, but we had no choice & all was well.

As for where and when I think Thai will be checking that out. And the whole point of this is to rough it out for a couple of days. :D Fun, not luxury!

Roughing it, unless we upgraded, is the only option! We were lucky enough last time to have new cutlery, crockery and pans. Aside from that it was a total dump (The holiday was free mind) and we only went for the crack. Little did we know I'd be taking 4 buses a day to the hospital in the hills!

Yes, depending where and when and how much, and no kids, I beg you, I won't drink if there are kids there, and I see the little blighters all year round anyway, and anyway, I'm not sure they'd be safe to be exposed to you lot. :razz:

I'll have a wee look Bookie, but as far as the kids go, it's impossible to get away from them - My nightmare trip was further ruined by the little/noisey buggars! I think being exposed to us mad lot is nothing compared to the parents I had for company! (I'll say no more!)

I'm sure the paper thin walls won't bother us lot though:D The last room I had slept 6, 4 Bunks & a double pull out bed.

OK,I've plucked a date out on thin air! 22/02/2008, discuss:D

Just been on the phone with Pontins, and the very sound Dave, who understands I'm tight with the pennies.

Using code INEB or B8M for 10 people (Prestatyn Sands, again discuss)

= £139 £13.90 each stopping Friday Saturday and Sunday (Of course we can leave earlier)

12 People = £15.90 each due to supps.

I would normally go through a cashback site, for the 4% back, but Dave has tempted me away with free linen :D And of course the free £1 leccy, lol!!

What do you think about dates and location?