Euro Car Parks

omaraj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help... a couple of months ago, i got a ticket for parking on a double yellow at a euro car parks. the car park was closed as they were building and my children were in the car. i stopped to get a flue jab and the euro car parks guy said i can leave the car as my kids wouldnt come in. i went in and told the nurse i need to move the car and as i came out 30 seconds letter, he had already put a ticket there.

i appealed and they rejected my apeal even though the ticket issuer said i can go into the doctors surgury... what should do? should i pay or wait? what happens if they threated to give me a county court judgment? please help

You should wait and ignore all the letters from Euro Car Parks.

Anyone can threaten to give you a CCJ. But to get a CCJ three things must happen:

1. They take you to court (very very very unlikely)

2. They appear in court and win (even more unlikely, as if you get court papers people from here and pepipoo.com will assist you in your defence.)

3. If they somehow manage to win, they may be able to get a CCJ against you but only if you do not pay what you've been told to by the court!

So as you can see, their threat is just playing your bluff. :)

thanks for that... the man was horrid... i told him that my partialy sighted daughter was beeing looked after by her older brother in my car and he still did it. he gave them the fright of their life.

• 1 month later...

right guys please help... i apealed, they rejected it and started sending me letters...the best thing is the letters are still addressed to the driver of the car and not me...it like they didnt even read my appeal...anyhoo...a few letters later, i have now recieved a letter from a debt collection agency in london thretening to take me to court...now they want £75 for leaving the car for 30 seconds with my kids in it!!!

please help...

I'm in a similar situation.

ECP wanted a £70 fine for my car being left in a Co- op car park in Swindon. They sent me a final notice what must be about 28 days ago, because today I got a letter from a company called Controlaccount Credit Management (slightly disappointly, the registration number they quote on their stationary is in fact a real company) asking for payment within five days. They added £25 though, for good measure. It says:

This account has been passed to ourselves with firm instructions to commence Litigation and to obtain Judgment against you. Such a course of action may have a diverse affect (sic) on your ability to obtain credit....etc etc etc

Thing is, by my understanding any judgment that would take place would be based on contract law, and as such concerns the driver, not the registered keeper (me).

ECP would have to demonstrate that an agreement existed between the driver and ECP to pay the fine if the conditions (e.g. having a ticket, or the maximum period of stay) were not met, so they'd need photography of some sort of the person in the car and even then, demonstrating that they'd seen the signs with the conditions on could be problematic.

It seems logical that if they had such evidence, they would furnish you with it prior to passing the account to a debt collection agency, or subsequently going on to court. It'd save them time and probably money - they show you a video and say "we know you were the driver, we have proof, we know you saw the signs, you'd lose in court" and you would probably pay up right away. But they haven't done that.

My plan is to ignore them. They have failed to demonstrate that I was the driver of the car and as the registered keeper I am under no legal obligation to identify that person. If the collections company contacts me directly, I will tell them that the debt is disputed and that they should go back to their client. Meantime ignore it.

Omaraj

Write to the debt collectors

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal on a number of occasions and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

The Above is pasted from Bernie's template letters ["Sticky" at the top of the forum"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

Just remember that a double yellow line within a private car park means very little - it is just paint. Euro Car Parks are simply not allowed to "fine" you. The above link should make this clear.

mega mega thanks...and as you said...they couldnt prove i was the driver... this company should not be alowed to do this...my wife is a community psychiatric nurse and she has to take patients to the supermarket a few times a day and she is always arguing with them that its a diferent patient......but mega thanks...for all the info...

should i write to the debt agency first or wait until they get in contact again?

mega mega thanks...and as you said...they couldnt prove i was the driver... this company should not be allowed to do this...my wife is a community psychiatric nurse and she has to take patients to the supermarket a few times a day and she is always arguing with them that its a different patient......but mega thanks...for all the info...

should i write to the debt agency first or wait until they get in contact again?

Omaraj - Hang On,

You appealed - didn't you admit to being the driver then? If they backtrack through the correspondence then your "appeal" may be sufficient. Don't worry - their "fine" is still rubbish without this.

Better to just stick to Bernie's template letters in future. They are short and sweet and give nothing away.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

You've got a letter from the DCA already so reply to that one.

HI

Seeing that i already dropped a bolock as they say and apealed and they rejected befire passing to the debt agency, i will write to teh debt agency with the follwing:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal on a number of occasions and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

if they refer it back to eurocarparks, and they send me another letter...i will go back and use the approriate templates...what do you think?

O

also, i spoke to the GP surgury and they said they will provide evidence if required that he was there, told me to go in and he will lokk after the car, then placed a ticked

O