Moneyhelp V's NatWest

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been hit with charges for £76.00 on my new account with more to follow.

I feel I have been wrongly charged as my benefits went in the same day as my D/D come out and guess which happened first!!

I know I have had £76.00 taken on the 3rd December and have been told I had another D/D and S/O was refused this morning - I would NOT be in this frigging mess had they not hit me with the first lot of charges. This amount may not seem a lot to some folks, but this is the amount I get a week to live on.

I am going to stop this snowballing before I lose my home!

Keep you posted! :mad:

Hi money, glad to see you back.

I'm soooo sorry the bank have done it again to you, but whether it's 76p or £76 you should fight for it back, 23_32_7.gif

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks girls ;)

I never thought I would wind up back here to be honest as I had learnt a big lesson with banks.

But this time is no fault of my own, I can now see how things can get well out of hand and I am furious :-x

Another charge of £38.00 was taken on 17th December, my total is now £114 I may even have more to come as I now have no money in the bank to cover bills let alone feed my self :-x

I am going to wait until the new year, add up my charges and put my claim in.

Keep you posted.

Don't forget to hand your Right of Appropriation letter into your local branch to stop them taking any more money that might be due into your account, & it'll also allow you some money in your pocket for over the Christmas period.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It means that your advising them that you are in need of the money in question for things such as food shopping, rent, Gas/Electric bills etc, & that you'll be drawing the money from your account almost as soon as it has been deposited. But you have to give them at least 7 days notice, but unfortunately it can go the other way & the bank could in fact disregard the letter, & take your money anyway. There is also the option of asking your local benefit office for advise on this (only if you're on benefits), I have read that the benefit office can intervene & explain that you depend on this money every week/fortnight.

Hope it helps

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Just noticed you have started this one up again. Glad to see your back to it. ;)

Good luck. xx

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi there,

what is happening with bank charges now though, because I sent my prelim letter off about a year ago but then there were notices up on here saying that there was a court case on to see if the charges were going to be legal or not, has there been an outcome of this yet as i haven't heard any further from natwest? thanks :) xxx

Hiya littleone,

You really need your own thread as you will get more help that way. But to answer your question, you should still carry on with your claim regardless.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone :D

Well today I have printed out my prelim and charges sheet, they will be off in the post tomorrow, if I can find an address to send to :confused:

Only been with this bank a year and they have taken £245 out of my benefits :-x

Halifax has always been my bank, I now have bailiffs after me for £70 for them! feckers!

So i take it the boot is firmly in place now! :p

Go get em girl!!!!!!

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Letter from NatWest today..

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint about bank charges...

Basically says they have asked FSA to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges.

They also want me to fill in a "Customer Financial Statement Form" together with an explanation of the circumstances leading to my inability to meet my commitments ( I told them I consider myself in a position of financial hardship, ie. on benefits)

Then it goes on to say they will review my banking facilities. Which sounds like a threat.

The statement is 4 pages long and want to know the ins and outs of a ducks a$$ - should I fill this in or am I wasting my time?

Anyone know?