Jump to content

DIY Injuctions, Court Orders, ASBO's

PI Guy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Guest 10110001

This is family law and this is a forum discussing consumer law.


Go to the court manager, explain your circumstances and ask if you can make a representation before a judge in the family cases division

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how much it costs to take out an injunction privately and what is involved? A step by step guide would be useful or a hint to another thread perhaps?


But if it not a family law matter then you can do this


Your solicitor can apply for you or you can go to your local County Court or Magistrates Court and ask them for forms to apply.



For some Injunctions you may need to apply to the High Court.



Some County Courts are allowed to hear High Court cases, they are known as "District Registries of the High Court". You should check with your local County Court whether they can hear High Court cases.



You will need to make a sworn statement known as an "Affidavit" to explain why you want an injunction. (You can use a statement rather than an Affidavit when applying for a common law injunction).



Some injunctions can be applied for as an emergency and your opponent need not be at court when you apply for an injunction against them.



You may have to go to court a second time and this time your opponent will be present to tell their side of the story to the court.



Some injunctions allow the police to arrest your opponent if he breaks the injunction.

Some injunctions allow the police to arrest your opponent if he breaks the injunction.


Not always granted but if it is do the following:


1. Make sure the respondent is served the injunction (Court will advise)

2. Make sure you file a copy with the Police that covers the area where the injunction is in force

3. Make sure you have the injunction to hand if you ever need to show it to the Police.


If you don't do 2 + 3 they will not arrest and you will think they are useless but they are only protecting their position :-)


As to cost - If you use a solicitor can go up to @£1000. Do it privately then it is only the court fees. (Court will tell you how much they are)







Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...