Car Park and Smart Cars

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My first post on here, but one of many I am sure.

I have a quick question.

On Sunday, I went to my local Tesco to quickly grab some yorkshires.

I stopped outside rather than in the car park as I had the GF in the car and was literally going to be 2 mins.

Anyway where I parked was on double yellow lines, and in a junction box - which is used for when there are delieveries, to stop people blocking the lorry in.

When I came out there was one of those lovely little black Smart cars with a moron inside it and a camera on top.

They had obviously take a pic of my car parked where it was, and so I am sure to get punished.

My question is, what is the normal fine/points?

Secondly, have I got a case to appeal, considering that the car that took the picture was itself on doubly yellow lines?

It has made me so so angry, because where I had stopped was not dangerous or in anyones way, but these morons pick on the easy target time after time.

Hi All,

My question is, what is the normal fine/points?

Secondly, have I got a case to appeal, considering that the car that took the picture was itself on doubly yellow lines?

It has made me so so angry, because where I had stopped was not dangerous or in anyones way, but these morons pick on the easy target time after time.

Council enforcement vehicles are exempt from parking restrictions whilst carrying out their duties.

The fine should be between £80 to £120 depending on where you live with a 50% reduction if paid within 14 days.

Council enforcement vehicles are exempt from parking restrictions whilst carrying out their duties.

The fine should be between £80 to £120 depending on where you live with a 50% reduction if paid within 14 days.

That is an utter joke.

My thoughts about this country get worse by the day, and my one way ticket out is even closer.

I fail to see why you consider it a joke.

Double yellow lines mean that parking is restricted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (in other words ‘at any time’).

Stopping in a yellow box junction causes

congestion and delays. You must not enter a

yellow box junction until your exit or lane is

clear. However, you may enter the box and

wait when you want to turn right and are only

stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic,

or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.

If you were just dropping someone off or picking someone up then you would have been OK. Unfortunately, you parked and left the vehicle. That was your undoing.

This law has been in existance for many years. If the double lines and box junction both comply with the Road Traffic regulations then bad luck, you took a chance and lost.

If the markings DON'T comply with RT regs then you have a chance.

You would need photographs to show the non-compliance.... no T bar at the end of the lines, etc., for example.

Regards, Rooster-UK.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I fail to see why you consider it a joke.

If you were just dropping someone off or picking someone up then you would have been OK. Unfortunately, you parked and left the vehicle. That was your undoing.

This law has been in existance for many years. If the double lines and box junction both comply with the Road Traffic regulations then bad luck, you took a chance and lost.

If the markings DON'T comply with RT regs then you have a chance.

You would need photographs to show the non-compliance.... no T bar at the end of the lines, etc., for example.

Regards, Rooster-UK.

Any idea where I get the rules from, as I wouldnt be suprised if they dont comply.

Try Google.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Where you parked on the public highway or in Tesco's car park?

And where was this (town)?

It was in Tesco, but its a public car park - weird arrangement.

Basically the council are being spoilt brats, because the residents fought (and won) a parking charge argument.

Now they are making the money they have lost from the car park by fining people left right and center.

You may not like it mate but I think you have to put your hands up to this one. Taking a chance on double yellows is one thing but double yellows and a junction box is a bit blatant!

Also, if anyone can prove to me they can get in and out of Tesco, during December, in two minutes - well, I'll listen out for Santa on the 24th!

:p Wanting out of the red and into the pink! :p

If I've been nice please tip my scales. If I've been naughty, tip 'em twice! ;)

CURRENTLY CAGGING -

NatWest Bank - no response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), 40 days passed

Natwest CC - no response to CCA, 12+30 days passed. Calls continue, I ignore.

Sainsburys CCs x 2 - Current T&Cs rec'd in response to CCA request. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Calls continue, mobile set to auto ignore.

Capital One - Copy application form rec'd in response to CCA. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Standard final response received. Calls continue, I ignore.

That is an utter joke.

My thoughts about this country get worse by the day, and my one way ticket out is even closer.

You need to stop thinking about yourself and look at the bigger picture. The lines are there for a reason, probably because its an access point for lorries to deliver. Unless you work for Tescos how would you know if a delivery was due or not? If you consider you deserve 'special' treatment and be allowed to park there why shouldn't everyone else expect the same treatment making the restriction pointless and no lorries would be able to deliver to Tesco at all. Or maybe you consider the 'morons' in the car should wait all day and just issue to those unlucky enough to be there when a lorry arrives? Without wishing to sound rude the only moron here seems to be a driver who parks on a DYL and a box junction despite a FREE car park being next door and thinks its unfair!! :confused:

It was in Tesco, but its a public car park - weird arrangement.

Who owns the land and is it part of the public highway?

If its private land and not part of the highway then the lines on it don't mean diddly.

If the council own the car park I suspect you are up the proverbial creek.

It might be worth waiting for the ticket to arrive and see what they try and slap you with.

It can also be worth seeing if your number plate is clear on any photo that they send you. There have been cases where the image is unclear and the case has to be dismissed.

You might also want to try posting this on PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and see what they advise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this Tesco store is not in London, then the Council can't issue by post anywey.

Its a council car park so they have the right to do what they want, but I found an artical on their website saying that these cars were only being used for people parking in dangerous spots, like schools and crossing.

Which is total rubbish, because I have never seen them outside schools, but always in spots where it is hard for people to park, so they know they will get the odd person in a rush.

I hold my hands up, but at the same time I do not like the way they have gone about this at all.