3 stinks!

capengando

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need some help here, this thing is driving me nuts...I am so tired of companies trying to drain money out of people!:mad:

Last month I got my 3 bill and almost had a heart attack...I've been using a premium number to call abroad, the service cost 0.13 p/m and 3 charged 0.47 p/m on top! As I couldn't afford to pay the bill and didn't want to go overdraft and pay the ****** bank fees, I cancelled the DD.

I called 3 to discuss a method of payment (maybe paying half now and half next year). The stinkers told me to find a credit card or borrow money from friends/family to pay my bill or in order to put me in a "payment arrangement scheme" they would restrict my account, meaning no receiving or making any calls BUT still paying the monthly charges (+-£30)!!!!!!!!!! Wooooootttt?:confused::mad:

I said it was not fair and I thought it was unlawful.....they said that they will restrict my service now.

My contract expires in April and I will never renew with 3!!

Can you guys give me any hint? Can I take them to court? Can I push them to make an arrangement?

Help!:shock:

Hey capengando,

These international calling numbers can be quite terrible sometimes. When they say it costs you 13p per min to call abroad they omit to tell you that your network will actually also charge you for calling the bypass operator too. You should always call your network and check the actual price to call per min first with these things, but most people don't realise.

Unfortunately, 3 are entitled to suspend your service if you have not paid off the full amount you owe. I do not think they are legally obliged to offer you a payment arrangement, although if you politely asked about it I reckon most networks would (obviously except 3 for some reason), and most would still let you use your phone so long as you stuck to the payment arrangement.

My advice would be to write a complaint letter to someone higher up in 3, pointing out that you tried to do the responsible thing and come to some sort of payment arrangement (which is more beneficial to both yourself AND 3 than them chasing you with debt collectors) yet you were told they would not do it without completely cutting you off.

Thank you for your comments lawbunny, it's very important to exchange views and experiences.

Unfortunately, 3 are entitled to suspend your service if you have not paid off the full amount you owe. I do not think they are legally obliged to offer you a payment arrangement, although if you politely asked about it I reckon most networks would (obviously except 3 for some reason), and most would still let you use your phone so long as you stuck to the payment arrangement.

As a loyal customer I've never missed one payment! What got me really upset wasn't just the fact that they would cut me off but the fact (which I find illegal) that they would carry on charging me the £30 per month that includes 250min, 250 texts without giving a change to use it!

I will take your advice and write to someone there.:cool:

Thanks!!