Jump to content

How do you fill in forms when you share bills?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

This may seem like a silly question but I keep coming across the same problem. I live with my partner, we are not married and we each have our own debts from before we got together. We also have a joint mortgage. When we have been dealing with the creditors and they send forms to fill in they always ask for 'your partners income'. I find them a nightmare to fill in as they ask for our outgoings which are joint as in in mortgage, gas, electric etc but very often there dosnt seem to be anywhere that takes into consideration the other partners individual debts on the form.

I have a problem ae moment whereby I have recieved a county court claim from an ex landlord of a business premises I had. Its only for 400 but I cant pay it all at once. I rang the court for advice on filling the form in as it says that if you are asking for time to pay you send the completed papers back to the claimant not to the court. This is awkward because for one thing I do not want this man to know all my private business and what I owe to whom. Also this form dosnt ask for my partners details but wants to know all my household outgoings. The thing is that under normal circumstances the outgoings are split 50/50 between us both but at the moment Im only earning a small amount whilst my partner is doing loads of overtime. This means he is covering the larger share of the bills, BUT, he also has his own debts which he is paying off weekly.

So, can anyone advise how I should start to fill in the court form. If I put down that I pay 50% of the bills then my income will show that I dont earn enough, if I put that my partner is paying most of them then it will look as if I have more disposible income than I really have.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...